April 15, 2021, 08:15:16 PM

Author Topic: Aguero  (Read 2413 times)

April 07, 2021, 12:55:43 AM
Reply #15

Waltzer

I think it depends on the deal, absolutely not if he wants his City wages but the opportunity for DCL and Ricky to work with someone like him would be invaluable

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 07, 2021, 01:38:24 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
King v Aguero... Hmmm.

If we're not looking for backup for DCL and he takes a wage cut, then I have no issues with this signing. Look how many massive teams have taken on older strikers. Utd are still doing it.

Decent strikers are hard to come by. On a free for a couple of seasons with Bernard off the books to compensate, then why not?
ďHuman progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.Ē~ Andre Geim

April 07, 2021, 01:42:04 AM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Aguero isn't leaving City to sit on a mid table team's bench, and coach strikers that are significantly worse than him.

Amazing player, and I'm sure he still has plenty to offer someone but it would be a horrible signing for us.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 07, 2021, 01:55:28 AM
Reply #18

Cereal Killer

Yeah he mightíve said he wants to stay in the Prem, but come on, PSG, Inter, Barca all want him (none of them being top clubs of course  ::) )

Heís not coming here

April 07, 2021, 02:23:50 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Only if we can't get Haaland.

April 07, 2021, 04:48:59 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Would sum up our plan perfectly.

You make it sound like we're a retirement home. In truth we've a blend of youth and experience throughout the squad. Stop peddling this hyperbolic lie.

April 07, 2021, 04:50:26 AM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

You make it sound like we're a retirement home. In truth we've a blend of youth and experience throughout the squad. Stop peddling this hyperbolic lie.

We've a blend of overpaid players that no one below us can afford and no one above us would want.

April 07, 2021, 05:01:24 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

We've a blend of overpaid players that no one below us can afford and no one above us would want.

So you've changed it from old to overpaid, ok. And it's just a ridiculous shout based on nothing but your incessant misery.

April 07, 2021, 05:11:12 AM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

So you've changed it from old to overpaid, ok. And it's just a ridiculous shout based on nothing but your incessant misery.

I think we've got a whole host of players here on their last big contract. Players who have no hope of doing better club wise or financially

Bernard gomes sigurdsson. None of them are all but really we are just waiting endlessly for them all the run their contracts down and leave. Even the likes of mina and Keane who I quite like are never going to get picked up by top teams, never earn more or take us up a level. Signed 3 last summer all on the way down. Our youth system consistently fails to deliver and we've a few out on loan doing the square route of fuck all.

I don't want us signing Aguero unless we expect to achieve something short term. I'd rather we built for the future with players who might be able to make the jump up rather than older players and 1s that have already failed at top teams (especially when we then give them contracts beyond their talents)

April 07, 2021, 07:16:14 AM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

I mean, that's just relentlessly negative isn't it? But you thrive in that, the only time you're active on here is when you're having a moan. You'll throw in a couple of positive comments here and there so that you can point them out whenever you're called out, but ultimately all you bring to the party is abject misery. You really make coming on here a chore sometimes, such is you're spamming (that's the only way I can describe it) of threads with the same negative comment(s).

I'll indulge you though, even though I should know better by now...

Keane, to begin with, was bought as a young CB who hasn't progressed as much as hoped. He has still become a full international during his time here. He fits your preference of young player brought in to develop.

Mina, another young CB with international and CL pedigree. You're absolutely off your rocker if you don't think he canít go on to bigger and better. He might not of course, but he's more than capable.

Bernard. CL level performer before we signed him. Again, fairly young and certainly not in the twilight of his career. Fits your profile again.

Gomes was a decent performer before the leg break and 99% of fans agreed with the signing, most saying it was a bargain at the reported fee. Mid 20s and approaching what should have been his peak before a really cruel injury. Has shown this year that he can perform in a balanced midfield.

Sigurdsson I'll accept is an albatross. However the fact he has been consistently picked by each and every manager suggests he would get plenty of league time wherever he went.

The point is though, without dissecting each of your points constantly, the reality of what we're seeing is a mismatch of players brought in to suit different playing styles of different managers (and different directors). That's why we struggle to have an identity, struggle to play with any fluidity and consistency. We are a product of too many changes in far too little time. The easy shout is to say "bin them allĒ and start again, but we can't. We can't afford it and even if we could we've already seen first hand what happens when you try.

Many will hate this but patience is the key, allow this project to progress and not call for change with every bump in the road. Some will suggest we've been patient enough after 18 months but in reality that's not a long time at all for a team to be moulded. This was a club that was flirting with a relegation battle before Ancelotti came in and now all we can do is argue about how missing out on Europe will be unacceptable and how it's typical of Everton. Pretty ridiculous really, especially when you take into account all of the external factors of this season too.

No good will come from ripping up the playbook and starting over. Again.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 07:32:28 AM by Jamokachi »

April 07, 2021, 11:10:54 AM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

I mean, that's just relentlessly negative isn't it? But you thrive in that, the only time you're active on here is when you're having a moan. You'll throw in a couple of positive comments here and there so that you can point them out whenever you're called out, but ultimately all you bring to the party is abject misery. You really make coming on here a chore sometimes, such is you're spamming (that's the only way I can describe it) of threads with the same negative comment(s).

I'll indulge you though, even though I should know better by now...

Keane, to begin with, was bought as a young CB who hasn't progressed as much as hoped. He has still become a full international during his time here. He fits your preference of young player brought in to develop.

Mina, another young CB with international and CL pedigree. You're absolutely off your rocker if you don't think he canít go on to bigger and better. He might not of course, but he's more than capable.

Bernard. CL level performer before we signed him. Again, fairly young and certainly not in the twilight of his career. Fits your profile again.

Gomes was a decent performer before the leg break and 99% of fans agreed with the signing, most saying it was a bargain at the reported fee. Mid 20s and approaching what should have been his peak before a really cruel injury. Has shown this year that he can perform in a balanced midfield.

Sigurdsson I'll accept is an albatross. However the fact he has been consistently picked by each and every manager suggests he would get plenty of league time wherever he went.

The point is though, without dissecting each of your points constantly, the reality of what we're seeing is a mismatch of players brought in to suit different playing styles of different managers (and different directors). That's why we struggle to have an identity, struggle to play with any fluidity and consistency. We are a product of too many changes in far too little time. The easy shout is to say "bin them allĒ and start again, but we can't. We can't afford it and even if we could we've already seen first hand what happens when you try.

Many will hate this but patience is the key, allow this project to progress and not call for change with every bump in the road. Some will suggest we've been patient enough after 18 months but in reality that's not a long time at all for a team to be moulded. This was a club that was flirting with a relegation battle before Ancelotti came in and now all we can do is argue about how missing out on Europe will be unacceptable and how it's typical of Everton. Pretty ridiculous really, especially when you take into account all of the external factors of this season too.

No good will come from ripping up the playbook and starting over. Again.

I'm always active though in fairness to your point also always moaning

I think ultimately it's not really about the age of the players but more we've managed to buy at best overpriced and at worst shite. Weve now got very little that the top sides would want and an awful lot on contracts they can't really justify. I just think that leaves us in a position where we've got to sign players who might develop into something great rather than someone on their way down like Aguero.

Weve spent so much money and so little of it could be sold on without us making a loss. There's a lot to moan about. I'm happy to be patient but we need signs of progress. I've seen very little from ancelotti or brands that suggest they are the men to do it. Least not while they've been working everton.

It's not really my fault I'm moaning when everton consistently prove me right. I was extremely giddy at the beginning of the season.

April 07, 2021, 01:38:23 PM
Reply #26

dchans

Well Iím in
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

April 07, 2021, 01:47:45 PM
Reply #27

BlueForYou

King, unlikely to be staying, take your pick -

Aguero or Adam Armstrong...
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 07, 2021, 01:51:44 PM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think thereís an argument to say our recruitment has been anything but poor myself.

Even with brands at the helm, itís been substandard. The summer of gbamin, kean, iwobi, Gomes and Delph really set us back and I have no faith in him or Carlo making the right calls in the summer if Iím being honest.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 07, 2021, 02:02:18 PM
Reply #29

ajax_andy

I donít think thereís an argument to say our recruitment has been anything but poor myself.

Even with brands at the helm, itís been substandard. The summer of gbamin, kean, iwobi, Gomes and Delph really set us back and I have no faith in him or Carlo making the right calls in the summer if Iím being honest.

That window has turned out to be a total bust, but there are some mitigating factors.

Gbamin - bad injury and even worse set back.
Gomes - horror injury and never the same again.
Kean - a gamble worth taking and we'll at the very least get our money back.

A bad window in hindsight there's no denying, but who knows what would have been were it not for two serious injuries.