April 16, 2021, 01:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Aguero  (Read 2415 times)

April 07, 2021, 10:42:05 PM
Reply #45

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think anyone is asking for us to be city.
We want something like Leicester where they get good value for their money, sign players with real potential and sell at the right times

We are actually more like city. Paying relatively big money and big wages for the biggest names we can attract. Proven players or names like gomes sigurdsson Delph pickford and dacoure. No most of them aren't ancelotti signings but I don't think last summer was a real positive sign either

Do you know if the same people have been in charge at LC for the past 3-4 years (when all of their recruitment decisions people love happened)?

I don't.
RIP

April 07, 2021, 10:52:52 PM
Reply #46

KoemansNumberTens

Do you know if the same people have been in charge at LC for the past 3-4 years (when all of their recruitment decisions people love happened)?

I don't.

Our problem isn't sacking managers and DOF. Our problem is appointing shit managers and DOF. You've got a lot more faith in who we have currently in charge than I have. Time will tell. Sticking with them is only the right decision if they are actually good at their jobs though. Although changing is a bit pointless too when we have such a poor record in terms of who we hire

April 07, 2021, 11:17:05 PM
Reply #47

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Our problem isn't sacking managers and DOF. Our problem is appointing shit managers and DOF. You've got a lot more faith in who we have currently in charge than I have. Time will tell. Sticking with them is only the right decision if they are actually good at their jobs though. Although changing is a bit pointless too when we have such a poor record in terms of who we hire

If you can't have faith - especially in Brands/Ancelotti - then what's the point in even supporting the club?
RIP

April 07, 2021, 11:52:41 PM
Reply #48

Juanito

On an Argentine site that Chelsea are interested and ‘leading the chase’

April 08, 2021, 12:34:12 AM
Reply #49

ally2

I can rationalise every signing we've made except Iwobi.

April 08, 2021, 12:36:01 AM
Reply #50

KoemansNumberTens

If you can't have faith - especially in Brands/Ancelotti - then what's the point in even supporting the club?

Why especially in them. What have either of them done in their time here that suggests everyone should have faith in them. People are allowed to question them. They've got plenty wrong and achieved very little here.

April 08, 2021, 12:41:26 AM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
RIP

April 08, 2021, 12:45:05 AM
Reply #52

KoemansNumberTens

Brands who signed gomes Delph iwobi and Bernard and left us without cover all over the pitch. Maybe if our faith in him has to be absolute than we should show similar faith in that list of players

April 08, 2021, 12:46:59 AM
Reply #53

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Brands who signed gomes Delph iwobi and Bernard and left us without cover all over the pitch. Maybe if our faith in him has to be absolute than we should show similar faith in that list of players

I would suggest reading what I've already said. It would be beneficial so you don't keep moving the goalposts.
RIP

April 08, 2021, 12:51:38 AM
Reply #54

KoemansNumberTens

I would suggest reading what I've already said. It would be beneficial so you don't keep moving the goalposts.

That if you can't have faith especially in brands and ancelotti then what's the point supporting the club. Well I don't know why we have to have faith in the club to support them. Without some evidence that they are getting it right it's just blind faith. Then the especially bit in 2 people who haven't really done a great job while here.

April 08, 2021, 01:31:15 AM
Reply #55

Paddockoldie

Can we put this nonsense to bed. He isn't going to come here when Barcelona and other big clubs want him... we really need to be more realistic, besides him being 32. Great player but seriously, we are not on his bucket list.

April 08, 2021, 02:07:10 AM
Reply #56

indiantoffee1975

I think we also have to look a lot closer at the culture of the club perhaps. Some of the players we have bought have performed at there previous clubs, once bedded in at Everton they turn substandard.

That been the case probably across 5 managers now. I dunno if it's something more deep rooted within the ethos and culture of how the club is run.

April 08, 2021, 02:51:18 AM
Reply #57

KoemansNumberTens

I think we also have to look a lot closer at the culture of the club perhaps. Some of the players we have bought have performed at there previous clubs, once bedded in at Everton they turn substandard.

That been the case probably across 5 managers now. I dunno if it's something more deep rooted within the ethos and culture of how the club is run.

Not sure that's even true. Think the likes of gomes and sigurdsson were exactly the same players previously. Going back further the same with Morgan too. Don't think it's a long list of players we've signed who've regressed from their levels at their previous clubs. Delphi but he was a bit part player in a great team. Keane maybe but Burnley play a very defensive style
I think we sign players who simply aren't good enough and often not really what we need. On top of that they come here expecting to be pushing upwards and quickly realise it's not happening and maybe lose a little motivation

April 08, 2021, 03:26:53 AM
Reply #58

Paddockoldie

I think we also have to look a lot closer at the culture of the club perhaps.

Do you really want to hurt me?
Do you really want to see me cry?