May 13, 2021, 04:54:11 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 79564 times)

Coyney83, Bluenose 91, GrantyBoy78, kerryblue boy, penguinofdoom1878, Waltzer, EFCdanger, jac1987, Toffee_4_Life and 62 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 24, 2021, 10:15:30 PM
Read 79564 times

Morta75

So what will happen this summer? A lot off players out off contract. They will most likely leave all I guess. some new will come inn. Don Carlo know who he will get allready is my guess, but who? Europa play will also affect the ins and outs.
Other outs during summer then who can bring cash inn
- Mina?
- Kean?
- Bernard?
- Tosun?
- Rodriguez?
- Delph?

Ins:
- Aarons?

Suggestions and brainstorming ideas very welcome.

April 24, 2021, 10:28:16 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Never selling James at this point. He's a fan's favourite and it would be a poor PR move by the club imo. We need to rely on him less for creative ability as he can't play many games and is a luxury player. Unless you mean Sandro? Then I agree. All the others I'd be ok with moving on. I think next season will see more blooding of the under 23 squad, but only those thought good enough and ready. A couple of key signings are needed, such as a fast winger and the same for RB... Some more quality in midfield.. I'd add Gomes to that list as shadow of the player he was.

April 24, 2021, 10:33:21 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Why would we sell James?

We just need to get some other quality players around him, so that clubs have other threats to worry about, and it's not just a question of kicking James and you stop us playing and James will be even more useful than this season.

Obviously he won't play 38 games a season, but that's fine.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 24, 2021, 10:43:10 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Unless out of contract, the only one who seems (almost) certain to leave would be Kean. Bernard after him, should he be interested in playing football, would be one of the other more likely ones.

Tosun has a serious injury so he's not being sold.
I doubt we could get much of a bid for Delph.

Wouldn't consider selling Rodriguez or Mina.

April 24, 2021, 10:45:24 PM
Reply #4

Fieldy618

Ideally out:
Iwobi - if we can get a decent fee, unlikely to be leaving though.
Delph - throw him off a bridge.
Bernard - need to free up his high wages.
Richarlison - if we get offered a high fee would consider taking it.
Sigurdsson - had an upturn in form recently but how long will it last? Plus he's on high wages.
Gomes - doesn't offer enough. High wages. Unfortunately doubt we'll have an offer for him.
Holgate/Keane - Keane maybe a little controversial but he blows hot and cold too often. Doubt anyone would offer what we'd want. Not convinced by Holgate, maybe the more realistic one to sell if we got offered a decent fee.
Tosun - is he alive?

In:
Aarons or similar RB - absolute priority.
Pacey winger X2 - no idea who but we need one. Brands, do your stuff lad.
CM - We are too weak in the centre of the park, Carlo says we don't need but I disagree. We definitely need better quality in there.

Outs is more of me thinking like Championship manager which will never happen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:47:19 PM by Fieldy618 »

April 24, 2021, 10:49:03 PM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Tammy Abraham worth a look? Or is he another overhyped youngster
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 24, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Reply #6

Danny

Ideally out:
Iwobi - if we can get a decent fee, unlikely to be leaving though.
Delph - throw him off a bridge.
Bernard - need to free up his high wages.
Richarlison - if we get offered a high fee would consider taking it.
Sigurdsson - had an upturn in form recently but how long will it last? Plus he's on high wages.
Gomes - doesn't offer enough. High wages. Unfortunately doubt we'll have an offer for him.
Holgate/Keane - Keane maybe a little controversial but he blows hot and cold too often. Doubt anyone would offer what we'd want. Not convinced by Holgate, maybe the more realistic one to sell if we got offered a decent fee.
Tosun - is he alive?

In:
Aarons or similar RB - absolute priority.
Pacey winger X2 - no idea who but we need one. Brands, do your stuff lad.
CM - We are too weak in the centre of the park, Carlo says we don't need but I disagree. We definitely need better quality in there.

Outs is more of me thinking like Championship manager which will never happen.

I'd be surprised if any of your outs barring Tosun, Bernard and Delph go.

We need to concentrate on moving on and improving on the players who offer zero rather than the ones who still contribute.

April 24, 2021, 10:51:56 PM
Reply #7

Fieldy618

Touted for West Ham. Decent player and has all the attributes to be very good but I just don't see how he'd work with us having DCL as first choice.

April 24, 2021, 10:53:20 PM
Reply #8

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

I'd say he is worth a look - has scored in the Premier League and has experience. Sometimes, players need a change of scene and his situation is similar to another Chelsea striker of recent times.

April 24, 2021, 10:56:14 PM
Reply #9

Fieldy618

I'd be surprised if any of your outs barring Tosun, Bernard and Delph go.

We need to concentrate on moving on and improving on the players who offer zero rather than the ones who still contribute.

As I mentioned, more of a Championship manager thought process 😂

Bernard, Delph, Tosun have to go.

Would love a look at Sarr at Watford. Looks great although just been promoted and will cost a fortune so doubtful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 11:04:37 PM by Fieldy618 »

April 24, 2021, 11:29:36 PM
Reply #10

Waltzer

Personally don't care who we sale if the price is right. If someone wants to offer over the odds for DCL, Ricky, Pickford, James let them go and replace. That's what good teams do, we can't carry on burning at the rate we do, we should be looking to offload one of the better players each year for a good mark up, think it'll be Ricky this summer

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 24, 2021, 11:57:21 PM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

Personally don't care who we sale if the price is right. If someone wants to offer over the odds for DCL, Ricky, Pickford, James let them go and replace. That's what good teams do, we can't carry on burning at the rate we do, we should be looking to offload one of the better players each year for a good mark up, think it'll be Ricky this summer

Totally agree with this. We should constantly be looking to sell high and reinvest. Not sure we've ever done that without being forced to.

April 25, 2021, 12:13:41 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You don't sell Rodriguez unless he wants to go he isn't replaceable

April 25, 2021, 12:17:21 AM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Whereas I would rather keep those players (maybe not Pickford) and just not offer new contracts to players like Michael Keane and Sigurdsson.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

April 25, 2021, 12:28:04 AM
Reply #14

Waltzer

Whereas I would rather keep those players (maybe not Pickford) and just not offer new contracts to players like Michael Keane and Sigurdsson.
I'm not sure what difference giving either of those players a contract really makes in this example. I just don't think we should be too concerned about losing any of them, James is the only player in our team that is probably in the world class bracket, but even that's infrequent. I'd trust Carlo to attract better players than anything we have given the chance