October 26, 2021, 12:18:13 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 644744 times)

July 31, 2021, 07:22:26 PM
Reply #3690

GrantyBoy78

A player like Grealish is always going to be hard to replace, let alone for a mid-table team like Villa. Is keeping him even an option though? As well as they playerís wishes, theyíve spent an awful lot since they came up and (apologises for another mention of it) FFP is a factor.

I donít rate Ward-Prowse, personally, but 2x players, a chunk of change and addressing FFP issues for the immediate and mid-term is probably worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 31, 2021, 07:26:45 PM
Reply #3691

penguinofdoom1878

That's fair enough, I think there are other reasons why Ward Prowse is still there and it's more to do with his pace and overall contribution to the team. I'm not sure he's significantly better than Allan, Doucoure and hopefully Gbamin, if at all?
If you had the chance to sign either of the options for Everton where would you go, Grealish or Ward Prowse and Bailey?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Bailey & Ward-Prowse

Bailey - we need someone on the right as priority.
Ward-Prowse - played more than all 3 of those you mention, created more than all 3, more assists, more goals (not sure if he's their penalty taker), more key passes, better pass success rate, better defensively than Doucoure but not Allan. He's also younger than both.

Grealish - in a world of magical ideals then clearly him, but we'd never be in for him, if we were then we'd have a much much better side than we currently have.

July 31, 2021, 08:08:21 PM
Reply #3692

Coyney83

A player like Grealish is always going to be hard to replace, let alone for a mid-table team like Villa. Is keeping him even an option though? As well as they playerís wishes, theyíve spent an awful lot since they came up and (apologises for another mention of it) FFP is a factor.

I donít rate Ward-Prowse, personally, but 2x players, a chunk of change and addressing FFP issues for the immediate and mid-term is probably worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Minus the local lad/boyhood fan part, we will be in a similar situation either this summer or next with Richarlison and if we canít compete for top 6 over the next 2/3 years, with DCL soon enough too.

It is part of the business model for all clubs and the big clubs do it too.

July 31, 2021, 08:13:24 PM
Reply #3693

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry I should have put "who I think will improve the side", of course there's no certainty, I just think Bailey is a very good player who can play on the left or right and play well. Also I think Ward-Prowse is a good player too (would walk into our midfield), no idea why he's still at Southampton maybe he's been happy there since signing when he was 9?

Ward Prowse is so slow that while he might walk into our midfield, he'd just continue walking ;)
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

July 31, 2021, 08:15:51 PM
Reply #3694

Free Agent

Ward Prowse can cover at RB. Just saying, since we donít seem to be in a hurry in signing one.

July 31, 2021, 08:16:32 PM
Reply #3695

Heisenberg

Richarlison is irreplaceable to us. We would absolutely waste any money we got for him

July 31, 2021, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #3696

Hawkandro

Richarlison is irreplaceable to us. We would absolutely waste any money we got for him

I reckon we could probably get Dan James, Chris Smalling AND Phil Jones with the money.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 31, 2021, 08:26:33 PM
Reply #3697

GrantyBoy78

If we canít recruit properly, then him being here is a moot point anyway.

July 31, 2021, 09:35:02 PM
Reply #3698

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

July 31, 2021, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #3699

Macca77

Grim, fully expect us to just go with what we've got

July 31, 2021, 09:45:04 PM
Reply #3700

Toffee_4_Life

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1421479228533579778?s=

But mad for Villa to announce it still pending a medical AND agreeing personal terms!

Still plenty of hubdles still!

Wonder if it's to get it out there before Grealish is announced to City to appeals the fans or if they're trying to show Grealish they have intent to convince him to stay?

July 31, 2021, 09:46:38 PM
Reply #3701

Heisenberg

Pretty grim, i know thereís a lot of clubs who wonít spend as much money this year. But the mismanagement has finally caught up with us and we are left with massive holes in the squad which I donít think we are going to sort

July 31, 2021, 09:49:59 PM
Reply #3702

Heisenberg

If we canít recruit properly, then him being here is a moot point anyway.

Thatís been the case since weíve got him a few years ago hasnt it? Weíve gone backwards since weíve had him even though heís been really good for us

July 31, 2021, 09:58:47 PM
Reply #3703

Lazarou

Grim, fully expect us to just go with what we've got

Full on Moyes
Infinite growth on a finite planet.

July 31, 2021, 10:01:05 PM
Reply #3704

Bluedylan

Good on Villa. Well run club in recent years. Buendia and Bailey should be a really boost to their creative output/level of threat. Ollie Watkins will be licking his lips.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.