October 25, 2021, 10:46:06 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Window  (Read 644694 times)

August 01, 2021, 03:16:46 AM
Reply #3735

American Evertonian

It's the hoppe that kills you with this type of signing

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I see what you did there.
Are we there yet?

August 01, 2021, 03:21:17 AM
Reply #3736

GrantyBoy78

We definitely need to address the supply problem if we're seling Rodriguez on top of losing our other main source of assists.

If Rodriguez is leaving though, that's almost certainly down to him wanting to go. I don't think that decision was ever really in our hands, albeit I expect we're being pragmatic as it's not worth having him unhappy.

We'll be easily bottom half of the table if we can't fill the supply gap in the squad though as I expect it'll mean we'll have significant trouble scoring. DCL needs good service in the box to be the threat we'd want him to be.
This is my worry. We only scored 47 goals in the league, last season; 21 goals fewer than Spurs and 15 fewer than West Ham.

We lose James’ and Gylfi’s 22 goal contributions, plus the 15/20 more we need to be challenging, then that leaves the existing squad and new signings having to contribute to another 40 odd goals. Feels like a lot.

August 01, 2021, 03:26:28 AM
Reply #3737

stirlingblue

We definitely need to address the supply problem if we're seling Rodriguez on top of losing our other main source of assists.

If Rodriguez is leaving though, that's almost certainly down to him wanting to go. I don't think that decision was ever really in our hands, albeit I expect we're being pragmatic as it's not worth having him unhappy.

We'll be easily bottom half of the table if we can't fill the supply gap in the squad though as I expect it'll mean we'll have significant trouble scoring. DCL needs good service in the box to be the threat we'd want him to be.

Luckily we’ve still got somebody in the squad who registered twice as many open play assists as James last season

August 01, 2021, 03:30:23 AM
Reply #3738

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Young benis debut against Celtic on sky ATM.

Not been in the game much, playing as a destroyer in a v deep side.

Got his head up and played through Celtics midfield when given a chance a min a go though which was good.

Don't think he looks v confident. Gets on the ball enough and I think he could grow into this level.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2021, 03:35:24 AM
Reply #3739

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Luckily we’ve still got somebody in the squad who registered twice as many open play assists as James last season

These posts simply being the thread refresh closer, and stronger
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2021, 03:45:28 AM
Reply #3740

NickNack

Got his head up and played through Celtics midfield when given a chance a min a go though which was good.

Don't think he looks v confident. Gets on the ball enough and I think he could grow into this level.
Not watched it but John Collins quote on the beeb website:
“ Good play by Beni Baningime. He's been outstanding, really good performance. What a debut.”

August 01, 2021, 03:48:48 AM
Reply #3741

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Game has passed him by, but as expected in this type of game.

He’s too good for this level. Hoping the can show it in the next couple of months.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 01, 2021, 03:53:29 AM
Reply #3742

Waltzer

These posts simply being the thread refresh closer, and stronger
Should do it, I have a theory that if we did want to use him, he'd be much more effective if he had the movement of Ricky or Kean up front rather than DCL? Not a slight on DCL, I just think the other 2 would work better with him than he does, but could also be really wrong!!

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 01, 2021, 03:53:59 AM
Reply #3743

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
While it's easy to get depressed by Villa getting players in right now our squad is a fair bit stronger than it was last season and we haven't made any real moves yet.

August 01, 2021, 03:55:53 AM
Reply #3744

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not watched it but John Collins quote on the beeb website:
“ Good play by Beni Baningime. He's been outstanding, really good performance. What a debut.”

Had an incredible last 20 mins.

Celtic brought their new winger on, Beni must have smashed him 4 times. Dragged hearts forward again and again, honestly in with a shout for motm.

Craig Gordon has just pulled out two career highlight saves in the 90 odd min for hearts to win 2-1.

Boss game and made up for Beni.

August 01, 2021, 04:08:42 AM
Reply #3745

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got MOTM.

Hope we've got a sell on because he's getting some buzz!

August 01, 2021, 04:14:41 AM
Reply #3746

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
While it's easy to get depressed by Villa getting players in right now our squad is a fair bit stronger than it was last season and we haven't made any real moves yet.
I’m hoping they buy ward prowse for 50 or 60 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

August 01, 2021, 04:19:42 AM
Reply #3747

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

God help this place if they buy Dumfries! :D

August 01, 2021, 04:50:09 AM
Reply #3748

Heisenberg

Not saying we won’t be by the end of the window. Gray and Townsend may be useful as squad players. But I doubt either of them will match Sigurdsons output between them. Additionally if James leaves we will actually be in a much worse off position that the start of the window.

That being said, we usually do most of our business around deadline day. So hopefully things are going on behind the scenes even thought it’s quiet

August 01, 2021, 05:30:22 AM
Reply #3749

American Evertonian

Not saying we won’t be by the end of the window. Gray and Townsend may be useful as squad players. But I doubt either of them will match Sigurdsons output between them. Additionally if James leaves we will actually be in a much worse off position that the start of the window.

That being said, we usually do most of our business around deadline day. So hopefully things are going on behind the scenes even thought it’s quiet

Siggy’s output? In terms of G/A’s (PKs excluded) - that isn’t exactly hard for anyone to do.
Are we there yet?