June 21, 2021, 11:05:42 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton (6pm, Thursday 13th May)  (Read 27894 times)

May 14, 2021, 03:27:16 AM
Reply #360

Simon Paul

Administrator
Well that was 90 minutes we won't get back

May 14, 2021, 03:32:04 AM
Reply #361

formerKHL

I think Pickford thought the same......mustíve been bored out of his tree....

May 14, 2021, 03:35:34 AM
Reply #362

Heisenberg

I donít think they were lazy or Ďdidnít tryí.

But I donít think they give it 100% and played it like a cup final that could of got us into Europe no. Basically the same as any other important game weíve played this season.

May 14, 2021, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #363

sam of the south

I donít think they were lazy or Ďdidnít tryí.

But I donít think they give it 100% and played it like a cup final that could of got us into Europe no. Basically the same as any other important game weíve played this season.

Well, I think if you go into a game you need to win against a side missing their two best attacking players, with Coleman and Sigurdsson as your wingers, you probably arenít really throwing the kitchen sink at it.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

May 14, 2021, 03:56:36 AM
Reply #364

Juanito

I thought the way we set up was quite encouraging. If we replaced Coleman and Sigurdsson with quality on the ball, pace and athleticism, we would have an ok side.

May 14, 2021, 04:19:18 AM
Reply #365

dunkster

I thought bringing on gomes and iwobi to try improve things summed it up perfectly.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 14, 2021, 02:03:50 PM
Reply #366

adaml

I don't think they were lazy or "didn't try'.

But I don't think they give it 100% and played it like a cup final that could of got us into Europe no. Basically the same as any other important game we've played this season.
Basically this. Haven't seen one 'cup final' performance this season. When one of them type performances have been what's needed. Today was one of the times. We were playing a team in the bottom half of the table without their best players in the final push for Europe. Poor result for me.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 14, 2021, 07:53:02 PM
Reply #367

Juanito

Basically this. Haven't seen one 'cup final' performance this season. When one of them type performances have been what's needed. Today was one of the times. We were playing a team in the bottom half of the table without their best players in the final push for Europe. Poor result for me.

Carlo can be sometimes accused of not having enough drive and that translating on the pitch.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app