July 01, 2022, 06:26:00 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wolves  (Read 25208 times)

May 19, 2021, 03:17:31 PM
Reply #45

Dr. Sponge

Just don't see what changes. He's effectively said 'ive done all I can do with these meffs' and everyone has said 'yeah fair enough'.

attitude, desire, sacrifice, these are all things that exist. None of them are explanations for putting Andre Gomes or Gylfi Sigurdsson on when we're chasing a game, or playing Coleman at RM again, or Holgate at RB again.

Terrible, and everyone's swallowed it. Same again tonight.
Liked for the use of "meff" in your post. Very retro.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 03:23:08 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've not swallowed it but I've seen these losers phone it in for the last four years so I'm more than happy to let Carlo tell them.

Out of that team I think it's Pickford, Holgate, Coleman, Keane gylfi, Tom, DCL.

They're not picking themselves, they're not coaching themselves.

Either we keep managing to find and sign players with bad attitudes, or there's other issues (not just the coach but recruitment and planning etc) at this club.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2021, 03:25:08 PM
Reply #47

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Out of that team I think it's Pickford, Holgate, Coleman, Keane gylfi, Tom, DCL.

Either we keep managing to find and sign players with bad attitudes, or there's other issues (not just the coach but recruitment and planning etc) at this club.

It's both.

Players are terrible, who have no bottle. Manager not picking the right players.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 03:27:01 PM by TheRam »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 19, 2021, 04:42:05 PM
Reply #48

penguinofdoom1878

You'd think it was deeper than the manager and players, we've had this or similar complaints now since, since Moshiri arrived really.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 04:59:40 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

You'd think it was deeper than the manager and players, we've had this or similar complaints now since, since Moshiri arrived really.

Yeah i think it is really.

I think it's what brands should be resolving, or should have the remit to solve.

Hopefully it's a long term project and we will see it best fruit...but as long as things like, as fantastic a man as he is, managers like Carlo or Moyes get dropped onto brands lap by the owner last minute with a list of their own demands, it will never, ever change.

Carlo is a great coach. He's maybe not suited to this job but if he left the club today he'd be back in the champions league before we are, but as long as the club lurches and flip flops with no plan, you constantly end up with a manager in charge who can't work with what he's got. Or at least the excuse to fall back on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2021, 05:02:52 PM
Reply #50

Robioto

Nothing but a proper reaction to the weekend is acceptable. I expect us to win, while giving everything we've got and playing well. The players owe the fans.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 05:46:31 PM
Reply #51

dchans

Totally forgot this - thought it was tomorrow so already pissed the wife off by telling her I am unavailable from 6pm tonight.

We better fucking win now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

May 19, 2021, 06:24:45 PM
Reply #52

ajax_andy

When Moyes was here we bought players as much for their character as their footballing ability... We haven't done that since left.

When you question why it's not possible to motivate certain players it's because they aren't that type of personality.

Keane
Gomes
Sig
Walcott
Holgate
Iwobi

Going back further and you've got the likes of Schneiderlin.

We've bought a core of players who don't have the right personalities, who plod around and expect others to do it for them.

Maybe Keane above is harsh as I think his attitude is actually really good, but he has big dips in form which he struggles to get out of.

The manager might fire them up for some games but quickly they will always revert to their mean value... That'll never change and until each one is shipped out and replaced with a player with a much better attitude we'll struggle to compete over a prolonged period of time.

So yeah even if they take on his criticism tonight and put a shift in, it's not a corner turned... It's just the start of going back in another circle to them showing ineptitude at some point down the line.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 06:33:06 PM
Reply #53

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
When Moyes was here we bought players as much for their character as their footballing ability... We haven't done that since left.

When you question why it's not possible to motivate certain players it's because they aren't that type of personality.

Keane
Gomes
Sig
Walcott
Holgate
Iwobi

Going back further and you've got the likes of Schneiderlin.

We've bought a core of players who don't have the right personalities, who plod around and expect others to do it for them.

Maybe Keane above is harsh as I think his attitude is actually really good, but he has big dips in form which he struggles to get out of.

The manager might fire them up for some games but quickly they will always revert to their mean value... That'll never change and until each one is shipped out and replaced with a player with a much better attitude we'll struggle to compete over a prolonged period of time.

So yeah even if they take on his criticism tonight and put a shift in, it's not a corner turned... It's just the start of going back in another circle to them showing ineptitude at some point down the line.

I don’t think it’s whether they try so much, I don’t think we have (m)any who don’t physically bother

It’s more I remember Moyes saying people don’t realise that you need to be “brave” to play for everton re getting on the ball and trying to do the right thing

I guess that’s why he liked Phil Neville say, who would keep trying to do the right thing even when he kept getting it wrong...

We’ve struggled in games at home where we’ve been expected to dominate the game for a long time now

Only really Koeman’s full year where we were good - and lots of those games were ground out until the last 15 mins when we/ Lukaku kept going and put the game to bed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 07:04:44 PM
Reply #54

GrantyBoy78

Keane, Gomes, Sig, Walcott, Iwobi - one word describes all of those players "nice”.

Wouldn't want a single one of those having your back in a scrap, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:38:43 PM by GrantyBoy78 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 07:26:22 PM
Reply #55

Macca77

Keane, Gomes, Sig, Walcott, Iwobi - one word describes all of those players “nice”.

Wouldn’t want a single one of those having a your back in a scrap, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Worst five a side team ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 19, 2021, 07:45:23 PM
Reply #56

MarcusFenix

The thing with recruiting the players under Moyes was that they had due dilligence done to make sure they were a good fit, some called it 'dithering' at the time but the benefits of it were clear.

We bought players with hunger, desire, a point to prove etc....mixed with some decent talent through the ranks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

May 19, 2021, 09:00:10 PM
Reply #57

dunkster

We had a transfer season of getting in numerous number 10's. last year was numerous defensive midfielders.
I think we felt getting James would have us playing like Barcelona.
Not sure what to expect tonight. Couldn't really give a fuck now. Wedding anniversary today so we (team) ain't doing nearly well enough for me to risk the wrath of upsetting the wife.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 19, 2021, 09:08:37 PM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

We are too old, too slow, too dependent on players Don Carlo "knows" already.

Get in some young, hungry fuckers.  Nothing else.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Benitez OUT.  Lampard IN.  FUCK Putin.

May 19, 2021, 09:13:37 PM
Reply #59

kerryblue boy

I won’t be bothering to milk my cows early this evening in order to see the game would love a win to have something to play for at city this team you never know what you will get
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions