January 19, 2022, 01:26:24 AM

Author Topic: Brighton vs Everton - Mon 12th April 20:15 - Sky Sports  (Read 12120 times)

April 13, 2021, 05:56:39 PM
Reply #345

Waltzer

Just showed us exactly what we need. He waltzed past Davies and Holgate like two kids playing against a man.
I'm not sure the fascination with Bissouma, yes he's got lots of energy, but we've got that with Doucoure. In 3 years he's got 2 goals and 0 assists. Brighton create lots of opportunities too. He sounds like everything we don't need, we're desperate for quality and goals in the final third more than legs imo

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 13, 2021, 07:08:54 PM
Reply #346

sam of the south

I'm not sure the fascination with Bissouma, yes he's got lots of energy, but we've got that with Doucoure. In 3 years he's got 2 goals and 0 assists. Brighton create lots of opportunities too. He sounds like everything we don't need, we're desperate for quality and goals in the final third more than legs imo

I think we require more energy and pace in midfield (canít just rely on Doucourť) someone who can screen and stop the opposition, someone who can pass forwards, and someone who can carry the ball forward.

Genuinely think we need two more midfielders, and it would be ideal if we could, and more importantly if we actually wanted to move on Gomes and Sigurdsson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

April 13, 2021, 07:39:56 PM
Reply #347

Juanito

Yeah and when Doucoure is out who else brings that? We look so pedestrian without him and canít afford to play him every game. Bissouma seems more of a sitter (hence the lack of assists) than Doucoure and would be a much better partner for him in the middle than Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson, Delph...

He also looks for the ball, makes good use of it and Iím sure would help us keep it and control games better.   As much as we need offensive quality/pace ,I think we are crying out for a modern day Gareth Barry or someone like Bissouma.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 13, 2021, 08:08:21 PM
Reply #348

Waltzer

Yeah and when Doucoure is out who else brings that? We look so pedestrian without him and can't afford to play him every game. Bissouma seems more of a sitter (hence the lack of assists) than Doucoure and would be a much better partner for him in the middle than Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson, Delph...

He also looks for the ball, makes good use of it and I'm sure would help us keep it and control games better.   As much as we need offensive quality/pace ,I think we are crying out for a modern day Gareth Barry or someone like Bissouma.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be good or an improvement, just that there are much more pressing areas imo, especially when you consider we have Allan, Gomes,Doucoure and Davies that sit in, don't create and don't score

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 13, 2021, 09:47:54 PM
Reply #349

sam of the south

I'm not saying he wouldn't be good or an improvement, just that there are much more pressing areas imo, especially when you consider we have Allan, Gomes,Doucoure and Davies that sit in, don't create and don't score

Only Davies out of those seems willing or able to sit in, and, as much as I love him, I donít think heís ever going to be a top 4 DM.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau