October 20, 2021, 11:03:06 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 76671 times)

May 24, 2021, 03:51:43 PM
Reply #555

Hawkandro

Once Everton touches you.....your life is fucked!

Could you show me on the doll exactly where Everton touched you?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

May 24, 2021, 06:09:17 PM
Reply #556

Juanito

I just can't forgive Moyes for bottling it against bigger clubs. The whole knives to a gun fight was an absolute disgrace and I blame him a lot for instilling a bottle mentality in this club for a long time.

Great manager working with constraints but he is as big a part of the problem of us bottling it as anyone else.

He did ok at Goodison against some of the those clubs and they knew they were in a game then. He took us from the relegation zone to regularly in and around Europe. Yes he got tired towards the end with the limited funds at his disposal and his comments are probably a reflection of that but looking at what he has done for West Ham shows us what we are missing now. Coaching, drive, work ethic, a plan. Ancelotti saying these players just arenít good enough just highlights his experience as a manager or elite players in leagues where they are favourites. He hasnít had a challenging job in that respect since Parma in 1996.

May 24, 2021, 06:24:17 PM
Reply #557

sam of the south

He did ok at Goodison against some of the those clubs and they knew they were in a game then. He took us from the relegation zone to regularly in and around Europe. Yes he got tired towards the end with the limited funds at his disposal and his comments are probably a reflection of that but looking at what he has done for West Ham shows us what we are missing now. Coaching, drive, work ethic, a plan. Ancelotti saying these players just arenít good enough just highlights his experience as a manager or elite players in leagues where they are favourites. He hasnít had a challenging job in that respect since Parma in 1996.

Nah, at Parma he inherited a side who were a success both domestically and in Europe, with an insane amount of talent at his disposal, including Buffon, Cannavaro, Zola, Stoichkov, Thuram, Ze Maria, Dino Baggio, Stanic, Crespo, and Chiesa, so I wouldnít call the job challenging...they were light years ahead of this Everton side.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

May 24, 2021, 06:53:03 PM
Reply #558

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
My simple strategy this summer is this;

1. Get rid of anyone not putting in 100% effort and hard graft for Everton. And that includes half the squad. Sell them for whatever we can get - they are stinking the place out and effect the rest of the team.
2. Keep the core of the side in tact who want to take their football seriously and want to win games, and arenít just here for money. Digne, DCL, Richy, Godfrey, Coleman, Pickford, Allan, Mina, Keane. Build your side and squad around these players and we will be alright.
3. No more mercenaries or older players. I do not want another player coming in who is older than 25, and on the way down. I do not want players here on their swansong. I want Lukakus on loan or on permanent deals with energy and enthusiasm.
4. Youth - promote younger, hungry players from the academy quicker. Even if it takes them time to bed themselves in and get themselves up to standard, I would rather see that than another Bernard.

You would seriously limiting your options with a maximum age of 25, there are some very decent players out there than can still kick a ball at 26/27

May 24, 2021, 07:36:26 PM
Reply #559

Juanito

Nah, at Parma he inherited a side who were a success both domestically and in Europe, with an insane amount of talent at his disposal, including Buffon, Cannavaro, Zola, Stoichkov, Thuram, Ze Maria, Dino Baggio, Stanic, Crespo, and Chiesa, so I wouldnít call the job challenging...they were light years ahead of this Everton side.

What a side!

May 24, 2021, 07:41:16 PM
Reply #560

sam of the south

What a side!

I forgot Thomas Brolin, as well, and the following season they also added Blomqvist and Asperilla.

So, basically, heís never slummed it like this.

This is new territory for him.

In his 60ís.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:42:28 PM by sam of the south »
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau