October 28, 2021, 10:28:02 PM

Author Topic: Rafa Benitez Appointed Manager  (Read 106608 times)

UncleCarlosJustPlay, sirblue57 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 26, 2021, 03:26:54 AM
Reply #1530

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh I still don't rate United at all but they seem to have our number lately, Bruno in particular just turns up, pogba seems to turn  up too.

If we had all our players fit I'd fancy an upset, but I think we will probably get beaten.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2021, 03:37:12 AM
Reply #1531

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hasn’t Bruno scored against us every time we’ve played them? Hopefully he’ll get injured for a few months in a training exercise this week.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

September 26, 2021, 04:21:47 AM
Reply #1532

cantoffee

Tbh I still don't rate United at all but they seem to have our number lately, Bruno in particular just turns up, pogba seems to turn  up too.

If we had all our players fit I'd fancy an upset, but I think we will probably get beaten.
Bruno is nailed on for at least 1 goal and probably an assist too.

Man's scored a header against us for christ sake.

September 26, 2021, 04:37:26 PM
Reply #1533

everton15

3 home games, 3 wins, 8 goals. He’s into October with a lot of goodwill in the bank. Get everyone fit, maintain the home form and he’s not going to have too any problems.

big 3 points for us yesterday without dcl + richy - get these lads back upfront and fit AND now we have some money spare from freeing up jameses ridiculous wages - look at reinforcements in January transfer window - ie ramsey now free to leave Juventus on a FREE + traore from wolves......few possibilities here

just wish we had dcl and richy back for the manu game next week - we would def get a result as they are so inconsistent COYB

September 26, 2021, 05:05:58 PM
Reply #1534

UncleCarlosJustPlay

big 3 points for us yesterday without dcl + richy - get these lads back upfront and fit AND now we have some money spare from freeing up jameses ridiculous wages - look at reinforcements in January transfer window - ie ramsey now free to leave Juventus on a FREE + traore from wolves......few possibilities here

just wish we had dcl and richy back for the manu game next week - we would def get a result as they are so inconsistent COYB

Ramsey is getting 400k a week and weren't wolves asking something like 70m for Traore. Let's hope we've learnt some lessons from previous overspend and from what we managed in the last window on a budget of nowt

September 26, 2021, 05:14:03 PM
Reply #1535

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Need another CM who can run

September 26, 2021, 05:28:44 PM
Reply #1536

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I won’t be judging him too harshly if we lose against United without DCL, Richy and Coleman though as long as we put a shift in.

I won't be judging him for a good while yet.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

September 26, 2021, 07:16:19 PM
Reply #1537

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Need another CM who can run

Thought Davies looked a bit better as an energetic final third player when he came on, which is where he originally broke through.

In contrast to last year when he was playing as a deep lying sort of sitter, which is where he played for England youth levels.

Story of Davies I suppose, a square peg without a natural hole.

He should really be our 4th or 5th choice cm, with Doucoure, Allan, JPG, Delph and Gomes all ahead of him which is about £120m+ worth of talent, and for that to be an academy boy who doesn't disgrace himself over 600-900 minutes a season, absolutely fine. Eg at United behind Pogba, Matic, Fred, Mctom is probablyyyyy... Pereira? At villa, Newcastle, west ham, Leicester it's probably some no name academy kid.

Unfortunately, Gomes, delph and Jpg have injury and ability issues, so he has to step in sometimes and appear to be the 3rd choice. He's not enough for that.

The jpg, Delph and Gomes situations could do with resolving. That means another CM who can move, compete and not disgrace himself on the ball.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2021, 11:00:53 PM
Reply #1538

Toffee_4_Life

At least we didn't end up with Nuno.

Spurs football has been dire shite, even when they won the opening three 1-0.

Proper sit back and counter. At least with Benitez there's pace and power and attacking intent.

September 27, 2021, 01:11:02 AM
Reply #1539

Dr. Sponge

At least we didn't end up with Nuno.

Spurs football has been dire shite, even when they won the opening three 1-0.

Proper sit back and counter. At least with Benitez there's pace and power and attacking intent.
He's doing absolutely woefully, especially with the players they have. Kane, Son, Moura, Alli, Bergeijn, Ndombele...

Imagine him here with these injuries tryna get a tune out of Townsend, Rondon and Iwobi.

September 27, 2021, 01:55:29 AM
Reply #1540

Waltzer

He's doing absolutely woefully, especially with the players they have. Kane, Son, Moura, Alli, Bergeijn, Ndombele...

Imagine him here with these injuries tryna get a tune out of Townsend, Rondon and Iwobi.
Don't underestimate the impact Kane is having on this, he might've said all the right things, but you only need to look at him to realise he has zero interest in being a Spurs player

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 27, 2021, 02:01:19 AM
Reply #1541

Dr. Sponge

Don't underestimate the impact Kane is having on this, he might've said all the right things, but you only need to look at him to realise he has zero interest in being a Spurs player

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
If that's the case then it's still on NES for continuing to pick him.

September 27, 2021, 02:56:30 AM
Reply #1542

Stumpy

The Villa result dosen't seem as bad now either, after watching them today, very good side.
They are indeed.
They were desperately unlucky to lose 3-0 at chelsea.
They conceded early but were by far the better team and had 5 or 6 huge chances and blew the lot with a mixture of bad finishing and good keeping.

September 28, 2021, 12:52:42 PM
Reply #1543

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Davies looked a bit better as an energetic final third player when he came on, which is where he originally broke through.

In contrast to last year when he was playing as a deep lying sort of sitter, which is where he played for England youth levels.

He should really be our 4th or 5th choice cm, with Doucoure, Allan, JPG, Delph and Gomes all ahead of him which is about £120m+ worth of talent, and for that to be an academy boy who doesn't disgrace himself over 600-900 minutes a season, absolutely fine. Eg at United behind Pogba, Matic, Fred, Mctom is probablyyyyy... Pereira? At villa, Newcastle, west ham, Leicester it's probably some no name academy kid.

Unfortunately, Gomes, delph and Jpg have injury and ability issues, so he has to step in sometimes and appear to be the 3rd choice. He's not enough for that.

The jpg, Delph and Gomes situations could do with resolving. That means another CM who can move, compete and not disgrace himself on the ball.

Oh dear. Now I've seen JPG in lower-case in your post, I'm always going to read it as J-Peg from now on. Wish I hadn't seen that.

Take your point about Davies in the pecking order, but it's not just about ability, it's also the type of midfielder and the skillsets they bring to the way we want to play.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 28, 2021, 04:08:48 PM
Reply #1544

Gary1878

I don't think Davies has the kind of football intelligence to play where Allan plays. He doesn't see the game in the same way and is more of an all action type. I also don't think he is good enough to play the way Doucoure plays (not many are). He makes great off ball runs, and again comes down to football intelligence which I just don't think Davies has.

If Davies was good enough for Everton, he would have made it into our first XI by now, but he won't ever be good enough for where we are and where we want to be.