August 02, 2021, 06:24:18 PM

Author Topic: Andros Townsend  (Read 13132 times)

July 18, 2021, 03:14:00 PM
Read 13132 times

dazfrancis

https://mobile.twitter.com/macro_football/status/1416542642826002434

People making the case for Townsend as undervalued by the market

Not someone I'd go for personally but if it's a very cheap deal and he is just a back up/squad player then I would be more encouraged by what we are trying to do.

On the other hand you get the feeling Benitez is going to favour experience over youth with these Begovic and Townshend links

July 18, 2021, 03:20:25 PM
Reply #1

ajax_andy

https://mobile.twitter.com/macro_football/status/1416542642826002434

People making the case for Townsend as undervalued by the market

Not someone I'd go for personally but if it's a very cheap deal and he is just a back up/squad player then I would be more encouraged by what we are trying to do.

On the other hand you get the feeling Benitez is going to favour experience over youth with these Begovic and Townshend links

Hope we're not seriously linked? Might as well have just kept Walcott if considering this

July 18, 2021, 03:38:02 PM
Reply #2

NickNack

The very fact there are even rumours about the likes of Andros Townsend coming here at this stage of his career and this stage of our ďprojectĒ under Moshiri are living proof of what an absolute train wreck our recruitment policy has been in recent years. Weíve wasted a vast majority of the money weíve spent and now weíre reduced to this.

Really hope this is just a rumour started for a laugh by a redshite or we really are fucked.

July 18, 2021, 03:41:00 PM
Reply #3

Cozzie

Really?

No, I mean seriously?

People are trying to make a case for Andros Townsend?

This is bollocks surely.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

July 18, 2021, 03:45:16 PM
Reply #4

Cozzie

Got flogged about on loan to about 14 different clubs while at spurs before settling at Newcastle, didn't do a lot there and hasn't exactly pulled up trees at Palace.

In fact he has never been that good. Be seriously worried we are more in the shit than I thought if this even has any substance at all.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

July 18, 2021, 03:45:49 PM
Reply #5

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Linked with a Django endorsed Denzel Dumfries: "never going to happen, we can't afford him, he'll join a better team."

Linked with Andros Townsend: "the state of our recruitment and Benitez just wanting old players."

July 18, 2021, 03:57:04 PM
Reply #6

NickNack

Linked with a Django endorsed Denzel Dumfries: "never going to happen, we can't afford him, he'll join a better team."

Linked with Andros Townsend: "the state of our recruitment and Benitez just wanting old players."
the likes of Dumfries are exactly the type we should be getting linked with AND have a chance of signing.

Townsend? Not so much

July 18, 2021, 04:57:54 PM
Reply #7

kerryblue boy

Itís mental on here at the moment can just imagine what it will be like when actual football starts if we are linked to someone expensive itís all same old mistakes ffp etc if we are linked to free players itís we are skint canít spend party is over canít win

July 18, 2021, 05:05:28 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I do wonder if people would treat the Townsend rumour differently if Dumfries was done

July 18, 2021, 05:11:00 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Goes without saying that it would be an incredibly poor signing.

Even on a free. Itís a drain of wages that can be better spent elsewhere.

Do we even need a wide man that much? Letís see Gordon, or try to get something more from Bernard and iwobi.

We have 23 year old Broadhead a new deal. Whatís the point if heís not a part of the first team?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 18, 2021, 05:11:09 PM
Reply #10

dazfrancis

I do wonder if people would treat the Townsend rumour differently if Dumfries was done

July 18, 2021, 05:12:36 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

No. He's dreadful, completely independently of anything else.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 18, 2021, 05:14:14 PM
Reply #12

NickNack

it is what it is - if thatís where we are as a club but when our billionaire owner first came here did any of us think weíd be linked with an ageing, past his best (when even his best wasnít great) Andros Townsend five and a half years later?

July 18, 2021, 05:16:30 PM
Reply #13

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

I think this is right.  If Townsend and Begovic were being brought in at the end of the window and were clearly just for numbers, then people would be fine.  But without any.positive incomings confirmed and after the Benitez appointment its just lighterfluid being squirted onto a lit BBQ.

July 18, 2021, 05:17:39 PM
Reply #14

Paddockoldie

Shelvey will be an Everton player soon... calling it now and never wanted to be more wrong.