August 02, 2021, 08:33:22 PM

Author Topic: Demarai Gray  (Read 7639 times)

July 22, 2021, 12:19:04 AM
Read 7639 times

ajax_andy

As there's no thread yet I'd imagine it's because we're not really expecting much from this signing, but had a little skim of a Leicester City forum and here's what we can expect:

'I see a lot of Everton fans saying the same things we were about him early on, like he just needs a run of games and the potential is there etc.

Of course there is always a chance.. but I was one of the patient fans and even I had to accept he just isn't that good!'

Not a bad move for Everton if we're honest.

---

'2m for a 4th choice winger with pace to burn is a good option at a good price. Only two years ago he was in the England squad (albeit with the intention of selling tickets at the KP)'

---

'Think that Gray running onto loose balls behind the striker is optimum for him to score goals and make an impact on the match. An open field suits him. Money well spent in my opinion'.

---

'I think even the most patient Leicester fans accepted he was not good enough by the time we finally sold him. Also shows how out of date Rafa's knowledge is, still thinks it's 2018-19!'

---

'Gray is proper crap, that's fantastic'.

---

So yeah, if he signs it's probably not going to be amazing but he does bring pace, and that's something we badly need.

July 22, 2021, 12:27:13 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Pace is handy. Look at Traore at Wolves. Not sure heís sure what shape a football is but have him running at a defence and they get bent out of shape in the blink of an eye.

July 22, 2021, 01:02:45 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Happy with it. Very little downside. Sort of deal that other clubs might have done and i'd be thinking 'we should've had a pop for that price'.

Nice to be able to praise the club. That's what we all want to do.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 22, 2021, 06:16:46 AM
Reply #3

bornblue88

Heíll be mainly used to give richy a rest throughout the season and while heís recovering from the olympics I reckon. Very useful to bring on pace against tired legs

July 22, 2021, 06:33:56 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Heís coming into his peak years so hopefully heíll do a bit more than be understudy.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

July 22, 2021, 06:53:04 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest, I recall very little about him from his time at Leicester. I don't remember seeing him play and thinking he particularly stood out. His stats seem to reflect that, with his best PL season at Leicester being 4 goals and 1 assist. His median tally of assists in PL over his 5 seasons at Leicester is...2. So my expectations are prettttty low, but some players can surprise you when you see them week in, week out or when placed in a different system. So I'm hoping he can show something more.

July 22, 2021, 05:51:52 PM
Reply #6

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 22, 2021, 06:01:10 PM
Reply #7

Robioto

July 22, 2021, 06:02:20 PM
Reply #8

Sixx1402

Fair enough, might do well and end up being a bargain
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 22, 2021, 06:03:45 PM
Reply #9

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 22, 2021, 06:05:52 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

July 22, 2021, 06:10:59 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

Deffo worth a pop at that rice.  Young and pacy, probably doesn't turn into much - but not much risk at all.  And he isn't 30!  :D
Benitez OUT.

July 22, 2021, 06:16:41 PM
Reply #12

Lazarou

All signings should be accompanied by a relative/spouse in EFC gear with a pet/animal appropriately attired.

Bit of a let down this.
Money Fills The Void.

July 22, 2021, 06:22:25 PM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

Looking ace in the 11. Not necessarily through any player affiliation, Iíve just always loved playerís wearing 11.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 22, 2021, 06:22:26 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wish all our medicals could be that quick.

One thing about healthcare in the States, it is damned fast ;)
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.