December 08, 2021, 12:28:47 AM

Author Topic: Euro 2020  (Read 97253 times)

July 15, 2021, 10:35:23 AM
Reply #4050

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I am a bit torn on the losers medal thing. On the one hand itís respectful to your opening to accept the medal, congratulate them and watch them lift the trophy. You can be proud of your achievements and at the same time how to be better. Itís how I was brought up, in English schools etc and there is nothing wrong with it. Itís good manners and good sportsmanship.

On the other hand, me taking my medal off hurts nobody and itís a personal choice. I get that we have to set an example to youngsters but I donít think the younger generation gain much from accepting how things are done currently. Yeah show respect but dot accept a prize you donít want either.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 15, 2021, 12:32:04 PM
Reply #4051

BlueForYou

Football? It's more than just a game but it's not life or death (but it can feel like it, Shanks!)

Have I ever cried over football? Yes, once. But more to the point, over Everton: 1994 home to Wimbledon, overcome with emotional relief. And I have had tears in my eyes on a couple of Everton's victorious occasions.

Like football. Love Everton.

Runners-up medal? Accept it in public - bin it in private!

Above all: take defeat as you would take victory - and you will be a man, my son

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 15, 2021, 08:21:16 PM
Reply #4052

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No idea what being a man is to be honest.

Kind of thinking needs changing. Confuses people and lowers self esteem as they working to  a made up ideal that means nothing and is not attainable.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 15, 2021, 08:54:09 PM
Reply #4053

BlueForYou

Just a quote from Kipling

Not the one who makes cakes

If only
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 15, 2021, 09:01:05 PM
Reply #4054

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
No idea what being a man is to be honest.

Kind of thinking needs changing. Confuses people and lowers self esteem as they working to  a made up ideal that means nothing and is not attainable.

Is toxic masculinity as big in other places as it is here?
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

July 15, 2021, 09:13:59 PM
Reply #4055

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Yes
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 15, 2021, 09:31:22 PM
Reply #4056

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yes

Ugh fuck them. I say this as a middle- aged man who cries quite a bit.
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

July 15, 2021, 09:44:54 PM
Reply #4057

Bluedylan

Multitudinous examples of it all over our society, but you'll struggle to find a better one than the behaviours on display around Wembley way the other day.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 16, 2021, 02:52:46 AM
Reply #4058

Macca77

Man up ffs!

Whatever that means

July 16, 2021, 12:58:10 PM
Reply #4059

BlueForYou

Man-to-man

Harry Catterick

July 16, 2021, 02:02:57 PM
Reply #4060

74Blue

They're professional athletes, who hate to lose. It fucking hurts when they lose, so taking their medals off is not a big deal IMO.

July 17, 2021, 03:18:17 AM
Reply #4061

Macca77