December 03, 2021, 11:10:51 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day Aug 2021  (Read 19231 times)

September 01, 2021, 04:48:52 AM
Reply #420

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Dont get your hopes too high on seeing James Rodriguez.

I think thath Benitez doesnt rate him and will not find any place for him the team. Rodriguez has never spoke about wanting to leave but still he has been ocean away from even being in the squad.

I hope I am wrong but now he will just be approx 100K a week out the window and after some months evertonians will turn against him - like they did with Kean.

It probably a Bernard story once again where the club hopes that lacking regular football will make James pushing for a move in the winter.

Come on, we had two keepers on the bench last game. We'll be seeing him.

September 01, 2021, 04:50:43 AM
Reply #421

WeimaranerBlues

Turned in SSN and they are still spouting on about mbappe FFS

September 01, 2021, 04:51:32 AM
Reply #422

American Evertonian

Canít help but wonder if we were ever in for Hoppe. Went to Mallorca for Ä3m. Surely we would have been able to put that together if we thought he was worth it.
Are we there yet?

September 01, 2021, 04:54:28 AM
Reply #423

TrevorSteven

I would be surprised if we see him. Dont underestimate how harsh and cynicall footballclubs are. If you are out, you are actually out. Rodriguez is behind Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Delph, Iwobi and so on in the picking order.

Yes, he is the best footballer at our club by miles. His statistics last year was way better than most players at the club. But fact is - Benitez doesnt rate him, doesnt find a position for him and Benitez was the one who killed James career at Real Madrid. They couldnt stand eachother.

It would be a massive surprise if Benitez would play him.

September 01, 2021, 04:54:53 AM
Reply #424

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Aurier on a free

September 01, 2021, 04:55:38 AM
Reply #425

Gary Todd

I agree paying someone 100k a week with the undoubted ability james has we will be seeing him and it's upto him to show Benitez what he has to offer cuz if he's out the picture all the time who the fucks gonna want him anyway? I got a good feeling james has unfinished business with us 

Sent from my SM-A426B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 01, 2021, 04:57:58 AM
Reply #426

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
My only hope here is that we are really setting a re-set on the squad, knowing we'll be ok this year for mid table plus, but also knowing that the wage bill tanks next summer. Hoping next summer we can spend and really kick on with the expensive shite gone

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:59:14 AM by Blue Lagoon »
(Zoolander)

September 01, 2021, 04:58:02 AM
Reply #427

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Strange how he 'kiiled his career' by not playing him at first and moved to him being a regular when Rafa left.
It's a strange thought that being in Rafa's team is career threatening.

Of course he'll play, can't see him being the 'main man' but there's still a role for him.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:00:04 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire. And Stoke as well to be honest.

September 01, 2021, 05:00:28 AM
Reply #428

Robioto

September 01, 2021, 05:03:04 AM
Reply #429

Robioto

September 01, 2021, 05:03:13 AM
Reply #430

Cozzie

The Don, as I will now call him.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

September 01, 2021, 05:04:44 AM
Reply #431

BainesonToast

Considering we have no money it's not been an awful window.

Not panic bought which is the biggest relief.
Get Bainsey out of retirement and we've got two solid players in each position.

The league is in the bag lads.

September 01, 2021, 05:04:54 AM
Reply #432

Cods

The Don, as I will now call him.
The Don has gone.
Long live The Don

September 01, 2021, 05:04:59 AM
Reply #433

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

September 01, 2021, 05:05:56 AM
Reply #434

TrevorSteven

I agree paying someone 100k a week with the undoubted ability james has we will be seeing him and it's upto him to show Benitez what he has to offer cuz if he's out the picture all the time who the fucks gonna want him anyway? I got a good feeling james has unfinished business with us 

Sent from my SM-A426B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

We had Bernard on 200K a week and the club told him he didnt have any future. Ancelotti was not even allowed to give him chances and he was honest with him about it. Still Bernard was a professional, training well and didnt create any fuzz. But remember what he said when he left to all the "haters" - he was never able to tell the truth. That is how cynical this business is. The narrative became that Bernard was bad and not up to it - but to be fair - the lad never even got the chance to play 4-5 games in a row.

My prediction is that Rodriguez not gonna play a lot, gonna be strange stories about injuries and unfortunately I think James is gonna make a whole lot of more fuzz than what Bernard did.

I do agree that it is crazy to have a world-class player on 100K a week and not use him - but I am sure thats whats gonna happen and that the majority of the fans will hate Rodriguez before we say merry christmas. Cause it is always the club that in the end will win our sympathy. Personally I would have loved him to play in every match but cant see that happening at all. Remember - Benitez was asked about Rodriguez leaving and he said that James knows what I want and hinted that he at least would be an Everton player until deadlineday. When asked about Richarlison he said - Richarlison is NOT gonna leave.

Why on earth should Benitez all of a sudden rate him. He clearly rates Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Delph, Davies, Townsend, Gray, Richarlison and Gordon higher than Rodriguez...I am convinced he will not get many games if any.