October 28, 2021, 08:57:15 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day Aug 2021  (Read 17632 times)

September 01, 2021, 05:09:37 AM
Reply #435

doolally

We have 18 league games up to and including the game on 1st Jan when the window re-opens. Fingers crossed, Coleman and Digne can stay fit and we should see little impact of others having to step in. Additionally, it also means we may see more of the likes of Gordon, Branthwaite, which for the likes of Gordon could be make or break his longer term future. I’m comfortable that our past misgivings are coming home to to roost but give me some cheaper players who will put an honest shift in, instead of spunking millions up the wall on overrated, overpaid crabs who continue to disappoint. Small mercy’s I know as I hoped for better but it is what it is and I think a reset of our policy was required

September 01, 2021, 05:15:53 AM
Reply #436

penguinofdoom1878

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1432825553988562948

I understand the signing and it makes sense, 2 years with an option for a 3rd though, hopefully we won't need him to play for us until he's 35

onto next summer 2022...

Lonergan
Begovic
Tosun
Delph
Rodriguez
Sigurdsson
Kenny
Braithwaite

all out of contract
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:25:05 AM by penguinofdoom1878 »

September 01, 2021, 05:17:35 AM
Reply #437

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
We had Bernard on 200K a week and the club told him he didnt have any future. Ancelotti was not even allowed to give him chances and he was honest with him about it. Still Bernard was a professional, training well and didnt create any fuzz. But remember what he said when he left to all the "haters" - he was never able to tell the truth. That is how cynical this business is. The narrative became that Bernard was bad and not up to it - but to be fair - the lad never even got the chance to play 4-5 games in a row.

My prediction is that Rodriguez not gonna play a lot, gonna be strange stories about injuries and unfortunately I think James is gonna make a whole lot of more fuzz than what Bernard did.

I do agree that it is crazy to have a world-class player on 100K a week and not use him - but I am sure thats whats gonna happen and that the majority of the fans will hate Rodriguez before we say merry christmas. Cause it is always the club that in the end will win our sympathy. Personally I would have loved him to play in every match but cant see that happening at all. Remember - Benitez was asked about Rodriguez leaving and he said that James knows what I want and hinted that he at least would be an Everton player until deadlineday. When asked about Richarlison he said - Richarlison is NOT gonna leave.

Why on earth should Benitez all of a sudden rate him. He clearly rates Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Delph, Davies, Townsend, Gray, Richarlison and Gordon higher than Rodriguez...I am convinced he will not get many games if any.

Bernard was on 135k/week. If you're going to continue to post short story nonsense at least have things factually correct.
I came here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

September 01, 2021, 05:54:13 AM
Reply #438

Evertonian in NC

I think James dislikes Benitez enough just to collect his paycheck and do the square root of fuckall.
Benitez OUT.

September 01, 2021, 05:55:46 AM
Reply #439

TrevorSteven

Bernard was on 135k/week. If you're going to continue to post short story nonsense at least have things factually correct.

Yes, you are correct about his wage. :) What else is nonsense my dear friend that never agree with me? Btw, when it comes to James salary I think we also have seen different numers. If I remember correct you think he is on 200K a week?

My point was not the amount of wage anyway - it was that Rodriguez gonna be a story much alike Bernard. He has been told he is not part of the managers plan. Do you actually think that Benitez gonna use Rodriguez alot and/or that he is happy that he still has Rodriguez in his squad?

September 01, 2021, 05:58:34 AM
Reply #440

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"my dear friend"

Patronising little bugger aren't you?  :-)
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire. And Stoke as well to be honest.

September 01, 2021, 06:08:00 AM
Reply #441

TrevorSteven

"my dear friend"

Patronising little bugger aren't you?  :-)

Why is it patronising? I have always liked Yankeeblue and especially love his in game analysis where he often is spot on. I dont agree with him on alot of topics but I have no problems with him. If that is patronising I guess his post was quite patronising too - quote: "If you're going to continue to post short story nonsense at least have things factually correct."

Why didnt you react to the retoric in that sentence?

September 01, 2021, 06:12:02 AM
Reply #442

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'm ok with this transfer window and we're stronger than before the window, so that's a plus.

Bolasie, Bernard and Walcott all off the books with better replacements in (Gray and Townsend).

Shame it didn't work out for Kean but It's not going to be difficult for Rondon to do better than what Kean did for us.

I think Begovic is a really good 2nd choice keeper and maybe we'll be able to see if Kenny can have a crack and pushing Coleman for that RB position.

Maybe LB is a bit of a worry and I'd have liked to see Nkounkou stay but Godfrey played really well there last season if he needs to deputise and it'll do Nkounkou good to get some regular football.

We didn't lose any important players and that's important.

Don't get me wrong I'd have liked some big name stellar signings, but not just for the sake of it. Looks like we tried with Diaz and we were priced out and maybe we fell a bit unlucky with Patterson isolating.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 01, 2021, 06:36:28 AM
Reply #443

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The Van Der Beek thing smacks of a bit of desperation to me
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 01, 2021, 06:37:31 AM
Reply #444

Cereal Killer

The Van Der Beek thing smacks of a bit of desperation to me

Did we actually bid? He wouldn’t fit into our system in any way… with got James for that

September 01, 2021, 06:39:56 AM
Reply #445

American Evertonian

Honestly think the biggest issue all of this window (while being realistic about expectations) is that we didn't get a RB.

If we signed a quality RB to replace Coleman or one that will take over for him over the course of a year like Digne did - then I think all of us would have been pretty made up with the business.

We shifted out a lot of deadwood (including the contract expirations), made sensible signings, and set ourselves up to make moves in future windows.

Overall I grade the window as a B-/B and it would have been an B+/A- if we got a RB.
Are we there yet?

September 01, 2021, 06:55:30 AM
Reply #446

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think if at the end of last summer in those heady days of Carlo Fantastico Ancelotti, Allan, Doucoure, James, bevvies in the Titani, truly the salad days, you had said on here - next summer it will be Andros Townsend, Big Sally DonJuan and rafacakes, you would have likely been banned for being a WUM.

That said, I like Rude Ron, always have done, his hold up play is excellent. This isn't like a big albatross deal that kills us for 5 years, it's just short term cover and an experienced head in attack.

Okay a bit odd that once again we've signed lots of our new managers ex players and I don't love that and I'm trying not to focus on that...but at least the targets we knew about where money was involved - Pattsman, Louis D, AMN, they fit...a profile. Young, upside, athletic.

Diaz in particular is a really good sign we are shopping at the right market when we have a bit of dough... we're just also able to add bodies economically.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 06:56:39 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 01, 2021, 07:42:14 AM
Reply #447

Omar

NSNO Subscriber
Dont get your hopes too high on seeing James Rodriguez.

I think thath Benitez doesnt rate him and will not find any place for him the team. Rodriguez has never spoke about wanting to leave but still he has been ocean away from even being in the squad.

I hope I am wrong but now he will just be approx 100K a week out the window and after some months evertonians will turn against him - like they did with Kean.

It probably a Bernard story once again where the club hopes that lacking regular football will make James pushing for a move in the winter.

This is insane, when James did play, he was the best player on the pitch for us 95% of the time.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 01, 2021, 10:01:29 AM
Reply #448

MrWhite

We had Bernard on 200K a week and the club told him he didnt have any future. Ancelotti was not even allowed to give him chances and he was honest with him about it. Still Bernard was a professional, training well and didnt create any fuzz. But remember what he said when he left to all the "haters" - he was never able to tell the truth. That is how cynical this business is. The narrative became that Bernard was bad and not up to it - but to be fair - the lad never even got the chance to play 4-5 games in a row.

My prediction is that Rodriguez not gonna play a lot, gonna be strange stories about injuries and unfortunately I think James is gonna make a whole lot of more fuzz than what Bernard did.

I do agree that it is crazy to have a world-class player on 100K a week and not use him - but I am sure thats whats gonna happen and that the majority of the fans will hate Rodriguez before we say merry christmas. Cause it is always the club that in the end will win our sympathy. Personally I would have loved him to play in every match but cant see that happening at all. Remember - Benitez was asked about Rodriguez leaving and he said that James knows what I want and hinted that he at least would be an Everton player until deadlineday. When asked about Richarlison he said - Richarlison is NOT gonna leave.

Why on earth should Benitez all of a sudden rate him. He clearly rates Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Delph, Davies, Townsend, Gray, Richarlison and Gordon higher than Rodriguez...I am convinced he will not get many games if any.

OK I'll give it a go and see if I can help you understand why @YankeeBlue214 called it short story nonsense.

Ancelotti not allowed to give him chances? Where have you obtained this info?

What Bernard said to all the "haters", based on him being "unable to tell the truth" you've drawn an entire narrative, while calling other views a narrative.

You think Rodriguez is on £100k a week, another fact which you've pulled from somewhere, this info is not in the public domain and various sources claim a range of things. Unless you've got a copy of his contract?

You are sure the fans will hate him by Christmas because you are sure Benitez will never use him. RB drop you a message on Facebook or something?

Benitez didn't say "he knows what I want" he only said he'd spoken to him. He didn't drop any hints, made it clear he wasnt going to elaborate on the situation after being repeatedly asked about it, and said only we will know after 31st, which we now do.

So, your second and fourth paragraphs make sense, as you've said it's your opinion, which is fine, but the first and third rambling paragraphs containing inaccurate "facts" make your post read as a short story, and nonsensical.

As to being patronising, I know you've said English isn't your first language, so perhaps you don't realise, but in general if someone doesn't get on with you (regardless of whether you like them) and you call then "my dear friend", that signals condescension  in both British and US English.

Hope this clarifies things for you.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 10:03:44 AM by MrWhite »

September 01, 2021, 10:29:00 AM
Reply #449

Bluedylan

Dont get your hopes too high on seeing James Rodriguez.

I think thath Benitez doesnt rate him and will not find any place for him the team. Rodriguez has never spoke about wanting to leave but still he has been ocean away from even being in the squad.

I hope I am wrong but now he will just be approx 100K a week out the window and after some months evertonians will turn against him - like they did with Kean.

It probably a Bernard story once again where the club hopes that lacking regular football will make James pushing for a move in the winter.

He'll be used for certain games, I would imagine, Trev.

Benitez is a pragmatist. There'll be games that James is ideal for (against stubborn low blocks), and there'll be games that James will get nowhere near (away at front foot, physically dominant teams). And that's fine. Also, from James' perspective that should suit him fairly well too, not playing all the games, having some rests, improving on COD.

Didn't see you around at the weekend for the Brighton game. Were you not able to make it, or was it because us playing really well and winning doesn't fit in with your endless catastrophising?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.