October 25, 2021, 08:24:05 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day Aug 2021  (Read 17058 times)

September 01, 2021, 03:30:56 PM
Reply #465

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Gomes go out on loan, or did I get that wrong?

September 01, 2021, 03:33:00 PM
Reply #466

penguinofdoom1878

https://twitter.com/bluekippercom/status/1432982890976104450?

makes a change, us at the bottom, Arsenal though my goodness, pressure is on him even more now

September 01, 2021, 03:35:09 PM
Reply #467

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:39:13 PM by Toffee1 »

September 01, 2021, 03:42:47 PM
Reply #468

dazfrancis

Maybe because I grew up in the Moyes era but I'm pretty comfortable with us spending fuck all. Even more so, after wasting millions on players who end up contributing nothing.

And with Gray coming in and having a great start, Richarlison staying and DCL continuing to develop it feels nowhere as bad a some of those Moyes windows were. It feels like a course correction that is long overdue

September 01, 2021, 03:52:57 PM
Reply #469

bigdunc9

Really happy with our business in the transfer window.
We have seen for the last how ever many years throwing big money about and it not improving us.
With the manager and recruitment this summer it feels like a more organised and balanced team, kind of reminds me of the Moyes days, which lets be honest were our best since the premier league began.
I feel with most of the deadwood on big contracts gone now we are finally starting a fresh start from the previous years of poor buys.

September 01, 2021, 03:55:36 PM
Reply #470

MmmblueBernard

So Everton spent £1.4m. People forget we’ve got a new stadium to finance as well as stay afloat in the premier league.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2021, 03:56:28 PM
Reply #471

MmmblueBernard

To add to that, we didn’t sell Richarlison…… which is great news IMO.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2021, 04:00:43 PM
Reply #472

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
How could you forget good old Cenk! He'll be like a new signing
Haha well I did say til Jan

But to be honest I did genuinely forget about him!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 01, 2021, 04:01:35 PM
Reply #473

Sixx1402

Shame about Diaz as he looks exciting. Could have really done with a RB as well but it's done now.

I think we'll be fine, the squad looks decent and we've had a good start.

It could turn sour with a couple of bad injuries to key players so we've got to hope for luck on that front

September 01, 2021, 04:06:47 PM
Reply #474

TrevorSteven

OK I'll give it a go and see if I can help you understand why @YankeeBlue214 called it short story nonsense.

Ancelotti not allowed to give him chances? Where have you obtained this info?

What Bernard said to all the "haters", based on him being "unable to tell the truth" you've drawn an entire narrative, while calling other views a narrative.

You think Rodriguez is on £100k a week, another fact which you've pulled from somewhere, this info is not in the public domain and various sources claim a range of things. Unless you've got a copy of his contract?

You are sure the fans will hate him by Christmas because you are sure Benitez will never use him. RB drop you a message on Facebook or something?

Benitez didn't say "he knows what I want" he only said he'd spoken to him. He didn't drop any hints, made it clear he wasnt going to elaborate on the situation after being repeatedly asked about it, and said only we will know after 31st, which we now do.

So, your second and fourth paragraphs make sense, as you've said it's your opinion, which is fine, but the first and third rambling paragraphs containing inaccurate "facts" make your post read as a short story, and nonsensical.

As to being patronising, I know you've said English isn't your first language, so perhaps you don't realise, but in general if someone doesn't get on with you (regardless of whether you like them) and you call then "my dear friend", that signals condescension  in both British and US English.

Hope this clarifies things for you.  :thumbsup:

As a fan we can only assume and speculate about what is going on behind the doors of Everton Football Club, so as everybody else I have no clue about what is really going on.

My main point was that I do not think that we will see a lot of James Rodriguez this season. I think it is fair to assume based on what actually has been said in press conferences and what has been leaked by press and what Rodriguez himself has said - that he is not in the plans of Rafael Benitez and that the club tried to get rid of him.

There is always a possibility that Benitez will be pragmatic now that they didnt manage to offload him and that he will sit down with James and try to calm down what looks (from the outside) like a conflict. It is also possible that the club itself will tell Benitez not to play Rodriguez. It is naive to think that it isnt any form for politics and conflict of interest inside a club like Everton. Just look at Maitland-Niles and how he suddenly got excluded from training with the first team.

We have had a lot of high earners at the club the latest years that actually just been told not to attend first team trainings as they are concluded not part of the future of the club. As a fan it is easy to think that it is a waste of resources if Everton decide not to use his qualities as we are obliged to pay his salary but for the club it is fair to believe they have a lot of other factors to evaluate.

My GUESS is that we will see very few - if any - appearances from James this season as Benitez clearly doesnt rate him or do see him as a valuable asset to the squad. Personaly I hope we will see a lot of him as I think he is pure quality and if we do not see him too much I personally also think that one of the main problems at our club is not only how mismanaged we have been with transfers but also how difficult it seems for Everton to get the best out of obvious talent like James and like Kean i.e

That being said I do respect that other people have different opinion and speculate different about what is going on behind closed doors.

September 01, 2021, 04:18:56 PM
Reply #475

sam of the south

Did you miss the memo about James? I don't think the fact he didn't go will change anything. He'll be a sub at best.

I think Mina, Godfrey, and Keane will be rotated at the back, but I would not be surprised to see Godfrey played out of position more often than not. I also can see Iwobi and Townsend in and out of the team, depending on form and fitness.

Yeah, would be a potentially amazing front 4, though, wouldn’t it
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 01, 2021, 04:40:19 PM
Reply #476

ajax_andy

https://twitter.com/bluekippercom/status/1432982890976104450?

makes a change, us at the bottom, Arsenal though my goodness, pressure is on him even more now

Delighted by that tbh.  To think we've spent that little and are actually stronger than we were last season.  You'd imagine we're looking at a similar if not slightly better league finish at the end of the season, and getting our finances in order for a decent summer window next year.  Good sensible business, especially when you compare it to Arsenal and their spending and the cluster fuck of a club they are!

September 01, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
Reply #477

Robioto

Didn't Gomes go out on loan, or did I get that wrong?

Was a rumour from a chancer on Twitter that gathered pace, reports suggest it was never on the cards at all.

September 01, 2021, 05:04:07 PM
Reply #478

Juanito

I am happy with it (apart from right back) as we have a growing sense of identity and purpose. I remember watching us play a Europa league game with Sigurdsson, Klassen, and Ashley Williams and thinking we had no soul.  We are on the right track and hopefully we can secure a young dynamic right back in January. Delph can do one, too.

September 01, 2021, 05:04:32 PM
Reply #479

UncleCarlosJustPlay

Does anyone know where this window leaves us going forwards. How far off are we righting the previous craziness. Obviously we still have a few players we don't want on our books but this time next year another 4 or 5 of them will be gone. Will we then be in a reasonable position going forwards