September 19, 2021, 05:33:27 AM

Author Topic: Rooney transfer  (Read 2366 times)

September 14, 2021, 07:41:32 PM
Read 2366 times

Macca77

September 14, 2021, 07:51:33 PM
Reply #1

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Is interesting that, cheers

September 14, 2021, 07:52:31 PM
Reply #2

Robioto

Yeah watched that earlier, made me very sad listening to that.

I know we were skint, but forcing out one of the best 18 year olds in a generation who loved Everton and wanted to stay just feels so wrong.

I'm the same age as Rooney, almost to the day and I was devastated when he left... imagine if we had investment back then and were able to build a team around him and where we would be now...

September 14, 2021, 07:53:42 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't paint a good picture of Kenwright

September 14, 2021, 07:53:58 PM
Reply #4

UncleCarlosJustPlay

Don't believe it. Not saying we didn't need to sell him just not having he didnt want to go and was devastated
Same Wayne Rooney who accused moyes of revealing his secrets and wasn't shy about kissing the man u badge to annoy us staying quiet for 20 years on being forced out the club

September 14, 2021, 07:56:55 PM
Reply #5

UncleCarlosJustPlay

Doesn't paint a good picture of Kenwright

Absolute useless cunt kenwright. The good press he got was amazing. The amount of times he remortgaged his house to give us a megar transfer budget but it turns out he never put in a penny after buying the club. Absolute born liar who clung to the club despite it only being to our detriment

September 14, 2021, 08:01:58 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wow, so there was everyone thinking he wanted out when it was the other way round.

Had to listen to that twice. Really struggled with the accents lol
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

September 14, 2021, 08:06:59 PM
Reply #7

Simon Paul

Administrator
Remember in his first press conference at United he said Everton fans will find out the truth about his transfer one day

Still don't think we have

September 14, 2021, 08:07:47 PM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

Interesting but I have my doubts it was as simple as he's making out. Lots of factors like agents involvement, Everton having to protect their assets with time running down on his contract. I seem to remember him willing to talk with Newcastle at the time. Which he doesn't mention.
One side of the story.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

September 14, 2021, 08:18:07 PM
Reply #9

kramer0

I would love to see the version of Rooney that never went to United.

He was super efficient and still a brilliant player there, obviously, but he lost that take-on-everybody, try-anything mentality that made him so entertaining.

Aside from Cahill and Arteta, that money wasn't really spent all that well. Beattie, van der Meyde, Kroldrup, etc. It's amazing how much Moyes improved in the market after that period. 2006-7 is where he properly hit his stride.

September 14, 2021, 08:19:46 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

September 14, 2021, 09:40:16 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would love to see the version of Rooney that never went to United.

He was super efficient and still a brilliant player there, obviously, but he lost that take-on-everybody, try-anything mentality that made him so entertaining.

Aside from Cahill and Arteta, that money wasn't really spent all that well. Beattie, van der Meyde, Kroldrup, etc. It's amazing how much Moyes improved in the market after that period. 2006-7 is where he properly hit his stride.

Don't forget we only got 10 mill up front for him. The second 10 mill came the following season and then add ons after.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

September 14, 2021, 10:09:16 PM
Reply #12

UncleCarlosJustPlay

I know it sounds daft given he's England's and utds all time top goalscorer but did Rooney underperform
There was a time early on that they'd be a debate between him Ronaldo and Messi for the better player. He was very good for a long while but didn't have too many really special seasons.

Don't think he'd get too many mentions as best Premier league striker and probably didn't make too many teams of the season

September 14, 2021, 10:13:17 PM
Reply #13

ajax_andy

I know it sounds daft given he's England's and utds all time top goalscorer but did Rooney underperform
There was a time early on that they'd be a debate between him Ronaldo and Messi for the better player. He was very good for a long while but didn't have too many really special seasons.

Don't think he'd get too many mentions as best Premier league striker and probably didn't make too many teams of the season

Yeah the fact Ronaldo is still playing and Rooney hasn't been for years (at a decent level at least) tells you everything you need to know.

One dedicated themselves to their profession and physical attributes... One drank too much, shagged prostitutes and got bad hair transplants.

He'll most likely look back on his career thinking he achieved everything he ever dreamed of, so fair play to him... Fact is though with a different mentality he could have been part of that best ever conversation.

September 14, 2021, 11:45:51 PM
Reply #14

Simon Paul

Administrator
Interesting but I have my doubts it was as simple as he's making out. Lots of factors like agents involvement, Everton having to protect their assets with time running down on his contract. I seem to remember him willing to talk with Newcastle at the time. Which he doesn't mention.
One side of the story.
It's also an 18 year old from Crockys version of events. From almost 20 years ago.

Stretford has got off lightly with the Rooney's but he absolutely drove a wedge between him and Moyes

On the Newcastle thing, that was a phantom bid from a mate of Kenwrights to force Uniteds hands. They weren't bidding as they wanted him cheaper, despite the fact they really wanted him.