September 22, 2021, 03:30:40 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 8720 times)

September 15, 2021, 01:41:17 AM
Read 8720 times

Shogun

Administrator
17:30 kick off on Sky.

Feels like it'll be a really tough match. I'd be quite pleased with a point.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 15, 2021, 02:51:54 AM
Reply #1

Cozzie

Biggest test so far this.

Would be great to keep the run going.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

September 15, 2021, 03:34:43 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Our long time bogey side. Think we'll get dumped 2-0.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

September 15, 2021, 05:09:50 AM
Reply #3

Bluebridge

Can’t see us not scoring tbh and don’t see us conceding much either. I think Richarlison will be desperate to bag one after being subbed, 2-1 to us

September 15, 2021, 09:28:36 AM
Reply #4

MexicanToffee

I don't think Rafa will let us down. He knows how important it is to maintain momentum and he will be treating this game as a must win. I normally don't feel confident about playing Villa away, but right now there is such great desire throughout the team I'm sure we will continue our good form. Richy to put a smile on his face and bag a couple.
STAY HOME......PROTECT THE NHS.......SAVE LIVES

September 15, 2021, 01:53:14 PM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think it'll be a good marker for both us and them tbh and I expect a close game.  Hard to judge them so far this season.

The kind of game where if we lose we shouldn't be too upset about it as long as performance isn't terrible.

Might be tempting for Rafa to go 3 CBs again as they've been playing with 2 strikers.

September 15, 2021, 02:36:23 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

It feels to me like a game that could finish 2-1 either way. Chances at both ends, whichever team is better in both boxes wins.

Might not be the worst time to play Villa, on a positive note. They are very much still coming to terms with their own post-Grealish identity, having channelled all creative play through him for years. They have quality and they've bought quality, but they're still trying to develop patterns of play and balance.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2021, 05:00:41 PM
Reply #7

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Struggle to understand optimism when it comes to Everton.

Bite your hand off for a point here. Would prefer it to come via Richarlison or Rondon grabbing a late equaliser as opposed to throwing a lead away.

September 15, 2021, 05:05:09 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Pointless settling for a point.

If we want to achieve anything decent this season then winning at places like villa park will go a long way towards that.

A point will be fine and nothing to lose the plot over, but we can get a win here
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 15, 2021, 05:36:05 PM
Reply #9

Sixx1402

As Sir Alex used to say, you win your home games and you get what you can on the road.

A draw here is a good result.

September 15, 2021, 06:54:09 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

If we want to achieve anything decent this season then winning at places like villa park will go a long way towards that.

A point will be fine and nothing to lose the plot over, but we can get a win here

Games against teams around us can always go either way

“Expecting” wins against pretty much anyone who isn’t the top 5/6 is part of the reason why people keep getting cheesed off so early on.

This one is to just see what happens without too many preconceived ideas about what “should”

September 16, 2021, 02:54:22 AM
Reply #11

Juanito

Looking forward to this. Record the game, turn my phone off at kick off and watch it when the kids are in bed with a few German beers.

September 16, 2021, 03:19:12 AM
Reply #12

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Looking forward to this. Record the game, turn my phone off at kick off and watch it when the kids are in bed with a few German beers.
Not sure you should send the kids to bed with a few German beers to be honest. Bad habit to start so young.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

September 16, 2021, 04:19:55 AM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Not sure you should send the kids to bed with a few German beers to be honest. Bad habit to start so young.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I dunno, man, some German beers are quality.

At least he’s not fobbing them off with substandard piss like Carling or Fosters.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2021, 06:10:52 AM
Reply #14

edbootle

Ah yes. I see your point.
Shalom