December 01, 2021, 04:08:04 PM

Author Topic: Leicester City Match - Coming from America  (Read 3193 times)

October 14, 2021, 12:43:28 AM
Read 3193 times

American Evertonian

Mods - please move this to another site if needed.

I have flights and such booked to come up for the Leicester match in December. Do any of y'all have recommendations on where to stay in Liverpool? I haven't been there in maybe 11 years. Also suggestions on things to check out while I'm there other than the inside of pubs would be greatly appreciated too.

One of my friends I think has tickets from his family in the park end but if those fall through - anyone have recommendations of where to get tickets on the secondary market?

I did the GP tour years ago (thanks to Si telling me to e-mail Robert Elstone to get on a sold out tour which actually worked - thanks for that again mate!).

Are we there yet?

October 14, 2021, 02:06:45 AM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

I have flights and such booked to come up for the Leicester match in December. Do any of y'all have recommendations on where to stay in Liverpool? I haven't been there in maybe 11 years. Also suggestions on things to check out while I'm there other than the inside of pubs would be greatly appreciated too.

One of my friends I think has tickets from his family in the park end but if those fall through - anyone have recommendations of where to get tickets on the secondary market?

I did the GP tour years ago (thanks to Si telling me to e-mail Robert Elstone to get on a sold out tour which actually worked - thanks for that again mate!).

Mate - Iím booked in the Premier Inn on Lime Street for that weekend
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 14, 2021, 02:38:36 AM
Reply #2

Cozzie

Top N Tail with Brownie then?
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

October 14, 2021, 03:45:00 AM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Where Brownie is staying is a great choice, might even be staying there myself.

October 14, 2021, 03:54:28 AM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Loads of choice in terms of hotels. If youíre wanting something on a budget but still a nice place to stay then the premier inn by lime street is sound. If youíre wanting something a bit more up market then maybe hard days night, Hilton, thereís loads to be fair.

Iíve had a few stays in apartments up here and theyíre always sound and seem to be better value for money when compared to hotels so maybe have a look at them?

In terms of things to do, if youíre up here around Christmas time then theyíll be loads of things going on. Plenty of theatres to catch a show, the Christmas market at St. Georgeís hall is decent, and walking down the dock is always nice round that time of year.

If you head towards the dock then a little walk up to Bramley moore is a must.

Actually, stay in the titanic. Thatís right opposite Bramley moore and and not too far from town. Would be cool for you to see round there whilst the work is getting started.

When it comes to tickets you have to go through the club now, but if you give us a shout on here we should find a few knocking about.

Enjoy fella.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 14, 2021, 06:16:52 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

Mate - Iím booked in the Premier Inn on Lime Street for that weekend

Think we just became best friends
Are we there yet?

October 14, 2021, 06:18:15 AM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

Loads of choice in terms of hotels. If youíre wanting something on a budget but still a nice place to stay then the premier inn by lime street is sound. If youíre wanting something a bit more up market then maybe hard days night, Hilton, thereís loads to be fair.

Iíve had a few stays in apartments up here and theyíre always sound and seem to be better value for money when compared to hotels so maybe have a look at them?

In terms of things to do, if youíre up here around Christmas time then theyíll be loads of things going on. Plenty of theatres to catch a show, the Christmas market at St. Georgeís hall is decent, and walking down the dock is always nice round that time of year.

If you head towards the dock then a little walk up to Bramley moore is a must.

Actually, stay in the titanic. Thatís right opposite Bramley moore and and not too far from town. Would be cool for you to see round there whilst the work is getting started.

When it comes to tickets you have to go through the club now, but if you give us a shout on here we should find a few knocking about.

Enjoy fella.

Thanks for that write up. Super helpful - great shout about the Titanic Hotel. Didn't even think of that but that's a brilliant idea.
Are we there yet?

October 14, 2021, 01:00:16 PM
Reply #7

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Think we just became best friends

Iím there from the Friday to the Monday morning mate. If you want a pint let me know

October 14, 2021, 09:23:54 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks for that write up. Super helpful - great shout about the Titanic Hotel. Didn't even think of that but that's a brilliant idea.
If you want a comfortable bed in a large room serving one of the best breakfast you can get smack bank in the middle of town I would choose the Premier Inn. If you want a Spa, beauty salon, business centre and a fine dining restaurant then maybe the Titanic. If I were you I would go for the Premier in at £118 a night rather than the Titanic for £242 a night and blow the £124 saving in the bar of The Dixie Dean hotel just down the road from the P.Inn. alternatively you could share a twin bedded room with Brownie and pay only £59 each  :titanic: lolol
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 09:50:21 PM by Escla »

October 14, 2021, 11:23:06 PM
Reply #9

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If you want a comfortable bed in a large room serving one of the best breakfast you can get smack bank in the middle of town I would choose the Premier Inn. If you want a Spa, beauty salon, business centre and a fine dining restaurant then maybe the Titanic. If I were you I would go for the Premier in at £118 a night rather than the Titanic for £242 a night and blow the £124 saving in the bar of The Dixie Dean hotel just down the road from the P.Inn. alternatively you could share a twin bedded room with Brownie and pay only £59 each  :titanic: lolol

£118 a night. Itís only cost me £180 for the three nights.

October 15, 2021, 12:37:56 AM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
£118 a night. Itís only cost me £180 for the three nights.

You booked well in advance, if you try to book now for 18/12 itís £118 a night, give it another week or two i daresay it will be over £150 a night.

October 15, 2021, 03:03:06 AM
Reply #11

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
You booked well in advance, if you try to book now for 18/12 itís £118 a night, give it another week or two i daresay it will be over £150 a night.

Wow - thatís ridiculous for a PI

October 15, 2021, 03:39:10 AM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wow - thatís ridiculous for a PI

Itís called yield management.

October 15, 2021, 03:54:00 AM
Reply #13

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

October 16, 2021, 11:11:59 AM
Reply #14

American Evertonian

Iím there from the Friday to the Monday morning mate. If you want a pint let me know

For sure. Letís do it
Are we there yet?