November 30, 2021, 11:59:06 PM

Author Topic: Man City V Everton Sunday 21/11 2pm kick off  (Read 5770 times)

November 22, 2021, 06:12:17 AM
Reply #300

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just to illustrate my point

https://twitter.com/top_bal_view/status/1462434754389852161?t=A3SCtXZjKnXkA9XK_cYPPw

Like...does this thread seem appropriate in regards to what we watched today? Was he worse than anyone else?

Toxic, toxic stuff.

Thatís what happens when youíve been underperforming for three years though.

Youíre only arsed because itís Wobes. Youíve been overly harsh on players yourself.

Heís rubbish. Itís unfortunate because thereís a good player in there somewhere, but really it takes a lot to see it and apart from the odd game heís mostly been rubbish.

I donít agree with whatís said in that thread but itís just twitter cranks init.

Canít wait to get rid of him myself.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 22, 2021, 06:16:09 AM
Reply #301

kramer0

That's what happens when you've been underperforming for three years though.

You're only arsed because it's Wobes. You've been overly harsh on players yourself.

He's rubbish. It's unfortunate because there's a good player in there somewhere, but really it takes a lot to see it and apart from the odd game he's mostly been rubbish.

I don't agree with what's said in that thread but it's just twitter cranks init.

Can't wait to get rid of him myself.

Heís just the wrong player for us.

Weird stuff from Moshiri to arrange that deal after his vanity signing fell through.

November 22, 2021, 06:22:02 AM
Reply #302

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure Iwobi was worse than anyone else today, but it's not like he has built up any good will to fall back on based on his performances since he arrived, every crap performance just compounds what we all know, he has been a really poor signing.

Edit: As have plenty of others.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:23:20 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 22, 2021, 01:10:12 PM
Reply #303

Gary Todd

All the comments on Wobes is shocking in my opinion I mean for fuck sake is he any worse than anyone else? At least he's trying and puts a shift in granted he can't cross a ball can't pass can't shoot couldnt hit a fucking barn door half the time and has no technical ability but is he any worse than anyone else we have Rondon and Tosun at the club both of which couldn't get in my local fucking reserves side and yet we jump all over wobes it's as if the battons been passed on from Gylfi we are a team Full of crap players and the ones that have ability are gonna want to move on very soon if we don't start getting our shit together

I read somewhere we are like another version  of brewsters millions only instead of ending with a pot of gold we are gonna end up in the championship playing the likes of Luton and qpr every week if we can't somehow get our shit together 

Sent from my SM-A426B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 22, 2021, 02:19:59 PM
Reply #304

Up The Toffees

Iwobi was useless when we were still in the game at 0-0 and 1-0 but once they went 2 up and seemed to take it even more easier like an exhibition match he come alive a little.

November 22, 2021, 03:12:06 PM
Reply #305

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís what happens when youíve been underperforming for three years though.

Youíre only arsed because itís Wobes. Youíve been overly harsh on players yourself.

Heís rubbish. Itís unfortunate because thereís a good player in there somewhere, but really it takes a lot to see it and apart from the odd game heís mostly been rubbish.

I donít agree with whatís said in that thread but itís just twitter cranks init.

Canít wait to get rid of him myself.

You're not wrong, not like he's got any change in the bank.

Best for everyone if he gets moved on tbh. Me included.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 22, 2021, 03:28:41 PM
Reply #306

Macca77

Iwobi is a terrible player but he's not to blame for yesterday, there was quite a few players who were far worse than him. He's also not our worst ever signing, people have very short memories don't they, remember Bollasie, Klaassen, Sandro, Koldrup, and loads of others who where far worse.

November 22, 2021, 03:45:42 PM
Reply #307

Waltzer

Iwobi is a terrible player but he's not to blame for yesterday, there was quite a few players who were far worse than him. He's also not our worst ever signing, people have very short memories don't they, remember Bollasie, Klaassen, Sandro, Koldrup, and loads of others who where far worse.

I believe Bolasie had better figures for Everton than Iwobi before his career was ruined by a massive injury? Sandro was a cheap punt, albeit on big wages that backfired, but he was a bit of a coup at the time. Koldrup must be in his 80s now and Klaassen happens a lot, taking players from another league, and a weaker league is always risky, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't? When you pay ridiculous money for a player that's proven to be shit in the Premier League then that has to rank up there?

November 22, 2021, 04:03:49 PM
Reply #308

Paddockoldie

Heís rubbish. Itís unfortunate because thereís a good player in there somewhere

?? So it's us that can't reach that good player? Other than that, it's a contradiction in terms.
He's been given chances, different positions and he still can't deliver.... I think one of his best games was as a wing back... could he play RB??

November 22, 2021, 04:59:25 PM
Reply #309

Waltzer

Heís just the wrong player for us.

Weird stuff from Moshiri to arrange that deal after his vanity signing fell through.

Where does this Moshiri talk come from, the article below, and comments indicate he had little to do with it, it was our transfer guru that was key to the negotiations?

Everton managed to get Alex Iwobi away from Arsenal where he started his career and spent fifteen years, and were willing to wait until transfer deadline day to close the deal.

The Toffees transfer guru and Director of Football Marcel Brands was a key figure in negotiations, selling the club to the Nigeria international with the aid of presentation packages.

According to Brands, Iwobi was signed by Everton to provide competition for playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson, among other reasons.

Speaking to Everton TV, he said : ''It was not an easy one, probably because a young boy that has played already a lot of games in the Premier League, Champions League and Europa League.

''But in our eyes, a boy that can play in different positions. Played from the side, he can also play behind the striker. In our team, we do not have much competition with Gylfi but we have managed that now with Alex.

''He is 23 years old, already quite experienced and the most important thing he has goals and assists in his game the way he is playing and I think that's also what we were looking for.''

Iwobi has started training with his new teammates at Everton ahead of a potential debut against Watford on Saturday, August 17.

November 22, 2021, 05:06:37 PM
Reply #310

kerryblue boy

Itís so wrong for some on here to completely defend the manager and hang iwobi Iím no fan of Alex but he shouldnít be blamed for yesterday

November 22, 2021, 06:31:32 PM
Reply #311

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
People tagging him in posts this morning calling him all sorts.

I just find it extremely cruel and stupid.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 22, 2021, 06:37:39 PM
Reply #312

Waltzer

People tagging him in posts this morning calling him all sorts.

I just find it extremely cruel and stupid.
Yep, I don't rate him as a player but I don't understand why some seem to get pleasure out of doing things like this, and what they think it achieves?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 22, 2021, 06:51:44 PM
Reply #313

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, I don't rate him as a player but I don't understand why some seem to get pleasure out of doing things like this, and what they think it achieves?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Twitter likes I suppose.

It's the sheer overblown reaction to it I just do not understand. Like I just don't understand what merits this level of singling out.

What specifically happened yesterday for him to get this level of abuse, when actually he was no worse than anyone on the pitch and the real issue is that we had two weeks to plan and came up with 'cross your fingers and just get through it.'