January 25, 2022, 07:46:40 PM

Author Topic: Brentford v Everton  (Read 12150 times)

November 29, 2021, 08:00:43 AM
Reply #615

NickNack

Passed it around with no real purpose first half, created one good chance for Rondon who forced the keeper in to a decent save.  Apart from that no one wanted to take any responsibility, there was no tempo and energy, and as soon as their penalty went in you knew we'd lost despite there being 2/3rds of the game left.

2nd half we played a little more on the front foot and actually looked like we were building pressure for about a 10 minute spell, mainly because Brentford came out like scared rabbits in headlights for some reason.  That all fizzled out after a bit of a ruckus about us not putting the ball out, and then we went back to plodding about and the nearest we came to a goal was a Rondon flicked header wide.

Oh and we should have had a penalty for blatant pulling on Rondon in the first half but none of the players bothered to appeal so the ref didn't check it 🤨

It was largely apathetic rubbish with nothing to grasp on to as comfort for the Derby and beyond.

Oh and as much as it pains me to say it, we saw why Gordon doesn't get much game time normally... If that'd been Iwobi he'd have been absolutely slaughtered on here.

But obvs Iwobi was his usual self so not immune from criticism... And that goes for pretty much all of them.

So yeah, in a nutshell well done for missing it, you are a smart cookie!
Thanks - I was trying to help get my mum who has dementia settled into a care home all day so didnít have time to read 40-odd pages when I asked.

When I saw we had over 50% possession I thought we might have improved somewhat but obviously not!   :bonk:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2021, 01:53:42 PM
Reply #616

Gary Todd

The morning after and I'm still as pissed off still believe we are going down had such hopes this time last year and it's all gone to shit the only hope I have is that we get our top boys back soon but they will more than likely want to get the fuck out of this as well and find pastures new its bleaker than its been in many many a year and I just can't see how we get out of it we are sinking now at a fast rate. Come on Everton find some passion and fight for the cause Nil satis nisi optimum means absolutely fuck all to this lot

Sent from my SM-A426B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2021, 09:33:16 PM
Reply #617

Normm

They're on the bench because we're threadbare not because they're bullying defenders and tearing it up in training. If they were good enough to play they'd be on. just a very predictable shout that come It'ss out every time we hit a poor run.

" just a very predictable shout that come It'ss out every time we hit a poor run."

Playing in a match is a whole lot different. No one can really know how well the youngsters will do unless they are given the chance to succeed. This is what I've found frustrating - not just now. Of course, if any come into the team and do well, leverage to spend in the transfer is not the same. The pressure would be off.

I know I'm out-voted with this post, but I am a firm believer in giving youth a chance. We have some promising youngsters and this situation must be killing them. That's not good. - To be fair, Rondon played his best match IMO, but he is not the answer to our lack of movement in the forward line. So ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions