December 01, 2021, 03:37:06 PM

Author Topic: Amateur Football  (Read 356 times)

November 24, 2021, 03:43:23 PM
Read 356 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone watch or play any amateur footy?

Started listening to Straight from the Off, a pod about Liverpool's Sunday and Saturday scene.

It's a good listen, I do find it interesting, but it's largely just these Uber scousers talking about mad fellas you've never heard of.

Think I'd like to go down and watch a few games though if I had any free time of a Sunday morning. Find it VERY hard to understand who plays where and when though!

Think my playing days are over, can barely keep up with younger lads at 7 a side these days.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 24, 2021, 03:54:59 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Started listening to Straight from the Off, a pod about Liverpool's Sunday and Saturday scene.

It's a good listen, I do find it interesting, but it's largely just these Uber scousers talking about mad fellas you've never heard of.

Think I'd like to go down and watch a few games though if I had any free time of a Sunday morning. Find it VERY hard to understand who plays where and when though!

Think my playing days are over, can barely keep up with younger lads at 7 a side these days.
I still play in North Wales Vets league, my sunday league days are well and truly behind me tho!

We play a few sides from Liverpool in friendlies and cups tho
Liverpool con sommet or other, played them a few weeks back and we have Liverpool Ramblers (I think) in the northern cup soon - Thats open age so can be heavy for us

Id imagine heading down to any of the local pitches and you will see loads of games. We played in West Derby a couple of years ago, must have been between 4 and 7 games on

November 24, 2021, 04:09:36 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still play in North Wales Vets league, my sunday league days are well and truly behind me tho!

We play a few sides from Liverpool in friendlies and cups tho
Liverpool con sommet or other, played them a few weeks back and we have Liverpool Ramblers (I think) in the northern cup soon - Thats open age so can be heavy for us

Id imagine heading down to any of the local pitches and you will see loads of games. We played in West Derby a couple of years ago, must have been between 4 and 7 games on

Well in, yeah thought you still got your boots on.

Haven't played 11 a side since I was about 18/19 other than the occasional friendly like.

Like it in theory but I'm nowhere near fit enough and I'm a small side player really. Play with mates and try fun stuff rather than chugging up and down after some fella who had trials for an hour and not getting a touch.

Like it as a scene though, even lower leagues I think I'd like to go down and watch a few games. Might do that during the world cup next year as I think lower leagues are carrying on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 24, 2021, 04:27:11 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

Played against my youngest lads footy team the other week, dads v lads game, enjoyed it but couldn't keep up with them and was in agony for days, so I decided to retire my old Adidas JL 2000's

November 24, 2021, 04:33:32 PM
Reply #4

KevtheRat

Check out the West Cheshire League, a few Liverpool teams in there and some over the water and is a decent standard.

November 25, 2021, 01:34:48 AM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

Football Echo used to have a large section on local amateur football. Don't know if there is anything replaced it though.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

November 25, 2021, 04:26:25 AM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
When Halifax Town gone bust and re-formed in the 8th division, I did go to every home league and cup game. And once, by mistake, to some kind of weird reserve league cup game, where the keeper would just turn around and chat with us behind the goal while the ball was in the other half of the pitch.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.