January 23, 2022, 03:49:00 PM

Author Topic: Tickets from USA Advice  (Read 682 times)

November 30, 2021, 12:12:43 AM
Read 682 times

woodduck

I'm thinking of bringing my family over from the states to watch a game (4 of us).

Looking at Feb 26th (Sat) at home to City.

Questions:
1. How would you recommend I get tickets for this? The official website says tickets don't go on general sale until Feb 3rd, but then you go to a website seatpick.com and they have some you can buy on there already. What gives?
2. Would the "Family Enclosure" section be the best compromise between decent view and not wanting drunkeness around the kids?
3. Being a big game should I expect it to move to the Sunday and make travel plans around that?

I'm also thinking about maybe doing the April 16th game against Crystal Palace (much better chance of winning, easier to get tickets, and less chance of date change). Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for any advice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 01:09:23 AM
Reply #1

Cereal Killer

Oooft, the family mustíve pissed you off something bad for you to punish them with a trip to watch us play  :-*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 01:10:32 AM
Reply #2

irishtoffee

Christ if I was picking  a game to travel to it certainly wouldnít be us against City anyway In fact at the moment I wouldnít expect us to beat Coventry City. Booking travel arrangements anything more than a month in advance can be tricky as they usually donít finalise the tv schedule till about 5 weeks beforehand.
The last 16 first legs are going to be played in the Tuesday/Wednesday before and after the city game so that will ultimately decide the day the game is on
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 01:39:00 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm thinking of bringing my family over from the states to watch a game (4 of us).

Looking at Feb 26th (Sat) at home to City.

Questions:
1. How would you recommend I get tickets for this? The official website says tickets don't go on general sale until Feb 3rd, but then you go to a website seatpick.com and they have some you can buy on there already. What gives?
2. Would the "Family Enclosure" section be the best compromise between decent view and not wanting drunkeness around the kids?
3. Being a big game should I expect it to move to the Sunday and make travel plans around that?

I'm also thinking about maybe doing the April 16th game against Crystal Palace (much better chance of winning, easier to get tickets, and less chance of date change). Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for any advice.

Might be an idea to register for Everton Membership, that way you'll get access to tickets early so have a better chance of getting all four together but you'll need 4 memberships as you can only get one ticket per member. By the time it goes on General Sale it may well be only single or double seats available together. I'm not sure if the club have anything in place for fans travelling from abroad, it might be an idea to get in touch and see of they can sort something out for you? We may not be good at a lot of things but stuff like this the club are usually pretty good at.

I think I'm right in saying the Family Enclosure is mainly all Season Tickets and is even more restricted at the moment as they've had to clear several rows of seats around the dugout for Covid protocols so you'll probably struggle to get seats in there.

I wouldn't worry too much about drunkeness in the ground, you'll always get the odd person but in general most fans are just there for the game and well behaved so you shouldn't really see too much. The sober fans will be just as bad if we're taking a pumping! :) The Lower Gwaldys would probably be the rowdiest part of the ground but it's quite hard to get tickets for anyway. The likes of Main Stand, Top Balcony etc should be fairly easy to get seats for as an Everton Member and will probably give you the best view and experience of the ground if it's your first time.

The Palace game might be slightly easier to get tickets for but all of the above would still apply. The Man City game may well get moved for TV, Palace probably not and a 3pm Saturday KO is great fun.

Don't worry too much about the negativity around the place at the moment, you'll love it. Enjoy the day, get there a couple of hours before kick off you'll probably get to see some players arrive and enjoy the atmosphere around the ground. Hope you get sorted with seats.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 01:55:32 AM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Book yourselves in for root canal surgery as itíll be less painful
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 30, 2021, 01:56:46 AM
Reply #5

Fynci

My advice is to cancel the trip.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 04:39:32 AM
Reply #6

chang

I'd go for the City game if it were me, for sure a difficult game for us even at our best, but a one off for your family and a chance to also see some of the best players.

I remember picking my first game at Goodison thinking "easy win that one" .... got stuffed 1-4 Blackburn, FA Cup, Jan 7th 2007

One thing I will add as someone not living in Liverpool, is the match going Evertonians and folk in and around the city will make you most welcome and look after you like one of their own.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2021, 04:49:23 AM
Reply #7

cantoffee

When I got mine I ended up buying on stubhub. Was easy enough to get 2 tickets side by side on re-sale from someone not attending.

4 will be much tougher so Gash is probably right buying membership will get you earlier access. Costs a bit but saves the stress of knowing if you'll be able to go together.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 01, 2021, 01:25:35 AM
Reply #8

woodduck

Hey thanks for all the advice!
I've decided I will force the family to watch, and then after we will all go for the suggested root canals. Perhaps we will all have a better appreciation for root canals by the end of the day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 01, 2021, 04:03:46 AM
Reply #9

Trowel

If you're on Twitter you could try contacting the EFC fan services account for ticket advice as you're travelling long distance.

https://twitter.com/efc_fanservices
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions