NSNO Forums > General Football Chat

How long will Man City's dominance last?

(1/3) > >>

Shogun:
There's a real narrative lately (because Liverpool can't win the league boo hoo) that Man City are so dominant and it's unfair because it's down to money. It's funny that this wasn't so much of an issue when Man United dominated the first decade of the league.

Surely liverpool (who have spent a lot of money), Chelsea and Man United do have the resources to compete and win a title? The only reason I see that Man City seem so far ahead is because Guardiola is the best manager in the world. To me, that's the real difference between those 4 clubs.

When he leaves City then I very much doubt we'll see Man City winning 4 league titles in 5 years

Bluedylan:
I think it's a combination of massive resources and the best manager. Killer combo.

Bob Sacamano:
Canít wait to see the kopites foaming at the mouth screaming SIX TIMES once City finally win a CL

Shogun:

--- Quote from: Bluedylan on January 06, 2022, 09:11:18 PM ---I think it's a combination of massive resources and the best manager. Killer combo.

--- End quote ---

Say Pep went to Chelsea instead of Man City, you reckon he'd have had similar success? Or would Man City and Tuchel be winning the lot?

Bluedylan:

--- Quote from: Shogun on January 06, 2022, 09:38:25 PM ---Say Pep went to Chelsea instead of Man City, you reckon he'd have had similar success? Or would Man City and Tuchel be winning the lot?

--- End quote ---

I think the way they got Pep's mate in a couple of years before as DOF, and basically set the club up for him to come made a big difference to ease the transition.

It shouldn't be forgotten that loads of people were slagging him off in his first season at City, saying his football couldn't work in England and having a pop at him because he wanted a footballing keeper instead of Joe Hart. Now, having a keeper who's good with his feet is almost a given for most top flight clubs.

I think he needs to work with quality footballers for his talents to be maximised. I'm sure he could turn Chelsea into a winning machine within a couple of seasons, with some changes to the squad and lots of time to work on the training ground.

Do I think he could get Burnley playing dazzling football with their current squad? No. They're not capable of that, because the players have limitations and you can't get blood out of a stone. Do I think that reflects badly on Pep? No. Hardly anyone is capable of what he's capable of in making elite players even better than they are already are, making them enjoy their football and training and keeping their egos in check for the larger 'project'.

I think he does tinker too much in massive cup games, and everyone has weaknesses. That's one of his. In a league season, that works really well because it keeps people fresh, it keeps opposition on their toes and there's a wider margin for error. In one off games, it's always risky.

I'm a fan of his. He's masterful at what he does. I don't like using the word 'genius' around things as frivolous as football, so I'll stick with masterful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with NSNO | Everton Forum. To register, please click here...
Go to full version