August 03, 2021, 05:10:12 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread (First Post Regularly Updated With New Info)  (Read 568498 times)

July 11, 2012, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #135

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fourth official is gonna look horrific as he/she changed his/her pic to a rodallega pic!

July 11, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
Reply #136

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fourth official is gonna look horrific as he/she changed his/her pic to a rodallega pic!

There has to be a lot of vanity involved in being an ITK; therefore it must be tempting to push things, like putting players as your profile pic, to make it seem like you're more ITK than other ITKs.

It's a risky game as they'll lose a lot of credibility if this doesn't go through, rightly or wrongly.

July 11, 2012, 08:01:44 PM
Reply #137

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I remember Rhys changing his avatar on here to Robert Earnshaw and loads of people thinking that meant we were signing him...

I don't think Rhys ever said he was coming though

When we've put stuff on NSNO, I'll always try and find out what went wrong if it doesn't happen.  Someone spoke to Jimmy Bullard about a year after we'd said he was signing, and he told them that he'd been to Bellefield (as it was) and had discussions but that he was offered a better deal elsewhere (think it was at the club he was already at?  Fulham perhaps? and made to feel wanted again so didn't come here)

With Anelka it was merely a break down in communications.  I passed a message on saying we'd bid £5m for him (which we had) and that got translated into him having signed for us which went on the site.

Kieran Richardson being seen at Bellefield was just bollocks which was third hand and the person who told me shouldn't have believed, or maybe I should have questioned him more on it, but he'd given me the Arteta signing a permanent deal within minutes of it happening and before Sky Sports had it, so I believed him

I've also had stuff that I've not used because I've thought it was horse-shit as well though.  Robert Earl paying for the squad to go to New York in February a few years' back for instance.  I was told this a week before they went but checked it with someone else who said it was rubbish (that someone else was usually right) and then it happened.

Some you win, some you lose, but my policy now is that if I get information, I'll pass it on if it's from a reliable source, and if it happens, then great, if not, then it doesn't.  There's no mystery as to who I am or where I work, and I've never pretended to be "at the heart of things" personally.  All I do is pass stuff on.  I never know more than the details I've passed on, and can only be as confident as the information I have as to whether or not stuff will actually happen.

I think some of those on Twitter have been built up (not necessarily by themselves) as being something special or someone special when I do think that in fact they are the same as me.  There hear stuff and they pass it on in good faith.

I'm sure Rhys did that as everyone was banging on about how we should sign Earnshaw whereas he thought he was rubbish!

July 11, 2012, 08:17:08 PM
Reply #138

Bogstomper

Agree with Si, Fourth Official is just a feller who likes to talk football and throws in a bit of ITK info in on the side, as evidenced by the fact he's active all season. He's never claimed to be a solely inside-info account.

July 11, 2012, 09:24:16 PM
Reply #139

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
From now on in this thread I'm going to leave up calls such as a player is signing (as opposed to having talks) and put a line with them as a way of seeing how many wrong each has got.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 11, 2012, 09:25:31 PM
Reply #140

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
For example if Rodallega joins Fulham then John Merro's call of him signing will be left up with a cross whereas Fourth Officials call of him just having talks will just be deleted.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 11, 2012, 09:32:02 PM
Reply #141

van der Meyde

I'm sure Rhys did that as everyone was banging on about how we should sign Earnshaw whereas he thought he was rubbish!
He did, yeah. I did the same.

July 12, 2012, 03:58:55 AM
Reply #142

Always a Toffeeman

fourth official pic is now zaha from palace, but he has claimed its jus cos he's theyre mates,
 #formerly efc for life

July 12, 2012, 04:02:08 AM
Reply #143

Bily No Pace

There's no such things as ITKs. I remember a certain ex-player telling me that Pienaar was signing for Chelsea, he didn't by the way.
Bily No Pace has no signature

July 12, 2012, 04:13:46 AM
Reply #144

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
There's no such things as ITKs. I remember a certain ex-player telling me that Pienaar was signing for Chelsea, he didn't by the way.

agree and disagree.

Most of the itk defamation league only really mean that, at best, the itk was actually only in the know at the time the info was passed on. By the time they have typed it then its out of date and quite possibly now wrong.

Except the itk that basically guess at shit

July 12, 2012, 04:20:51 AM
Reply #145

Rhys

Of course there are people who are ITK, the ones who are most ITK probably wont share info with a wide audience because the better the source the less likely they will want it leaked who it is. The club and Moyes are quick to try and find sources who leak things.

Chelsea bid for Pienaar and he was possibly going to go there but Spurs came in and he thought there was more chance of game time there...not the best guess but even so that ITK might have given accurate info at that time but situations change. Fernandes couldnt have been any closer to signing for us, but within a few hours he was a Valencia player. An example of how something can be happening but things change, doesnt always make what someone has told you or a rumour you believed a lie.

July 12, 2012, 05:20:12 AM
Reply #146

BrotherEstapol

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
#EFC Everton officials to meet with Inter director Branca in London this weekend to discuss Luc Castaignos transfer (via @tancredipalmeri )

and then...

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
#EFC Respected CNNItalia and Gazzetta dell Sport correspondent Tancredi Palmeri, says Everton are favourites to land Luc Castaignos tonight.

Wouldn't really say it's inside info mind you.

July 12, 2012, 05:26:17 AM
Reply #147

Cash

Moyes is looking to loan Ever Banega again from Valencia.
Asshat List:
Mmmbluetosser
Sir Stealth
Major Clanger
 Wool List:  Wiltshire Blue

July 12, 2012, 05:31:45 AM
Reply #148

josh_evertonian4ever

@JoshShaw_EFC

July 12, 2012, 07:45:55 AM
Reply #149

Verm

NSNO Subscriber