January 21, 2021, 01:31:34 PM

Author Topic: Irish supporters travelling to matches.  (Read 1327 times)

October 23, 2012, 05:49:23 PM
Read 1327 times

sharpattack

According to a piece in today's Irish Times one in 7 visitors to England for football are coming from Ireland, that's 174000. The most popular destinations, in order, are:
Old Trafford
Anfield
Emirates
Stamford Bridge
White Hart Lane
Wembley
Goodison Park
Etihad
Upton Park
Villa Park
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

October 23, 2012, 07:04:57 PM
Reply #1

DEL PIERO

not shocked about the top two - whenever i have been to dublin their are tonnes of man utd & liverpool tops being worn. when liverpool play at home the amount of irish and norwegians around the city center is amazing - it's not a myth.

i suppose the irish league not being that strong is a push factor to get over and watch an epl game. football tourism in general is massive. barcelona get about 9,000 tourists through the gates each match.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:18:26 PM by DEL PIERO »
everton are magic

October 24, 2012, 12:07:33 AM
Reply #2

sharpattack

not shocked about the top two - whenever i have been to dublin their are tonnes of man utd & liverpool tops being worn. when liverpool play at home the amount of irish and norwegians around the city center is amazing - it's not a myth.

i suppose the irish league not being that strong is a push factor to get over and watch an epl game. football tourism in general is massive. barcelona get about 9,000 tourists through the gates each match.

I go to more Everton away games than home games so I am counted how?. I was at Analfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge last season, and GP once.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

October 24, 2012, 12:27:23 AM
Reply #3

DEL PIERO

I go to more Everton away games than home games so I am counted how?. I was at Analfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge last season, and GP once.

i think your counted as being awkward then  ;D
everton are magic

October 24, 2012, 01:59:09 AM
Reply #4

Haile GAZrselassie

Wembley?

Whats all that about then?

Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

October 24, 2012, 04:56:26 AM
Reply #5

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama