15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 105933 times)

November 23, 2013, 08:53:31 PM
Reply #990

Bluedylan

Fantastic game! What can you say?

We had the games outstanding player in Barkley, their keeper did well enough, ours cold have done better with the wall(although it was a great free kick). Martinez was very positive when Baines went off, Barca boy needs more composure, as does Lukaku

Well said. Barkley was awesome. So composed. Martinez did great, although if I am being hyper critical I would've slotted Barry back in the middle after we took the lead. Deulofeu to start more for me. His decision making will get better with more game time, but he terrifies oppositions and I was really pleased with how he kept going at them, given that Flanagan dominated him just after he came on.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 23, 2013, 08:53:57 PM
Reply #991

sam of the south

Beglin thought that was funny.

He's always been a prick
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 23, 2013, 08:54:48 PM
Reply #992

Simon Paul

Administrator

November 23, 2013, 08:55:30 PM
Reply #993

hill135

It's a real kick in the cunt to draw after coming from behind twice to be leading the game. But there were loads of positives from the performance today:

Barkley repaid the faith showed in him by RM in his first derby. Great performance from him.
Deulofeu looked good and made their defence panic. Looks to be a useful option.
Lukaku back to scoring ways after looking out of sorts the last few games. Looked like an Everton player when he scored the 3rd.
And we created a hatfull of chances, with Mignolet making 5 or 6 great saves. Thought we defended well in open play too (let's not mention the set pieces though).

Onwards and upwards.

November 23, 2013, 08:56:44 PM
Reply #994

WeimaranerBlues

feels like a defeat, right now

November 23, 2013, 08:57:25 PM
Reply #995

Shogun

Administrator
Barkley failed to pick up Sturridge
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 23, 2013, 08:57:28 PM
Reply #996

sam of the south

It's a real kick in the cunt to draw after coming from behind twice to be leading the game. But there were loads of positives from the performance today:

Barkley repaid the faith showed in him by RM in his first derby. Great performance from him.
Deulofeu looked good and made their defence panic. Looks to be a useful option.
Lukaku back to scoring ways after looking out of sorts the last few games. Looked like an Everton player when he scored the 3rd.
And we created a hatfull of chances, with Mignolet making 5 or 6 great saves. Thought we defended well in open play too (let's not mention the set pieces though).

Onwards and upwards.

Good summary
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 23, 2013, 08:58:26 PM
Reply #997

bluestevie

What a fucking derby that was, absolutely nerve shredding from start to finish. Thought we had the better of the game but Gerrard's set plays were deadly and Mignolet's saves from Lukaku and Deulofeu in reality kept them in it. I just hope the game will be the focus of the post match reaction and not the sending off that wasn't. Still unbeaten at home in 2013 (league) with only 4 home games left of this year to play, all winnable.
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

November 23, 2013, 09:00:15 PM
Reply #998

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It was silly to give that free kick away at the end. Especially as they always looked like they could score from set pieces.

Both sides had some decent chances second half to score. They probably just shaded the misses from good opportunities category...so I guess from that perspective it was a decent result.

Still when you get ahead so late on...hard not to feel disappointed. Would have been good to put a marker down that we can win these games with Martinez. Still I guess we showed good spirit to come back twice from being behind, should not forget that.

Hope Baines is not seriously injured. I thought we looked far more threatening though after he came off as we had to change shape. I think this was an eye opener to Martinez about how we can change games in the second half. Last couple of draws we changed personnel but not the shape. Dropping Barkley back and losing one of the holding midfielders really made a difference. The chances started to flow from there. Barkley still could make decisive passes but we then had an extra option up front in Deulofeu to pass to.

Shame Deulofeu missed his one on one, but I thought overall we were more dangerous with him in the mix.

November 23, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Reply #999

Cozzie

Even though Delefeou frustrated me, its nice to see Baines go off and see an attacking player come on, Martinez goes for games, Moyes never and that in itself is exciting.

November 23, 2013, 09:01:16 PM
Reply #1000

toffee_scot

I only managed to catch the last 25 minutes of the game on the TV when we were still 2-1 down. Certainly an excellent game from a neutral's perspective and while I do feel slightly disappointed we couldn't win the game, it seemed the game was wide open especially at the end so a draw is a fair result. Of course we had some golden opportunities to score even more but I guess there is a reason why Liverpool paid 10m or so for their goalkeeper.

At least Mirallas finally managed to score and Lukaku was a lot more effective than in our last couple of games. I think Martinez got the tactics right but I'm not sure about the personnel for the last 2 subsitutions - I think Naismith rather than Osman should have come on for Pienaar and it was a bit of a gamble putting Stones on instead of the more experienced Heitinga. We would have probably defended better with those two players on.

November 23, 2013, 09:02:46 PM
Reply #1001

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley failed to pick up Sturridge

Was wondering if it should have been him tracking Coutinho for the first too.

November 23, 2013, 09:03:32 PM
Reply #1002

Shogun

Administrator
Rodgers playing the "if Suarez made that tackle" card. Well he'd have got away with it like always.

November 23, 2013, 09:03:59 PM
Reply #1003

Shogun

Administrator
Was wondering if it should have been him tracking Coutinho for the first too.

Looked more like Lukaku to me

November 23, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
Reply #1004

Cozzie

What a fucking derby that was, absolutely nerve shredding from start to finish. Thought we had the better of the game but Gerrard's set plays were deadly and Mignolet's saves from Lukaku and Deulofeu in reality kept them in it. I just hope the game will be the focus of the post match reaction and not the sending off that wasn't. Still unbeaten at home in 2013 (league) with only 4 home games left of this year to play, all winnable.

We will lose to stoke now you said that haha