15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 105932 times)

November 23, 2013, 09:04:13 PM
Reply #1005

sam of the south

MOTD presenter and former Everton striker Gary Lineker
Everton 3-3 Liverpool
"If the Merseyside derby is last on the running order of MOTD tonight, it will be one hell of a programme."
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 23, 2013, 09:04:30 PM
Reply #1006

Shogun

Administrator
I can't put up a poll for some reason.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 23, 2013, 09:04:51 PM
Reply #1007

Ross

Rodgers playing the "if Suarez made that tackle" card. Well he'd have got away with it like always.

Reminds me of his bookings in last season's derby..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 23, 2013, 09:05:28 PM
Reply #1008

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Even though Delefeou frustrated me, its nice to see Baines go off and see an attacking player come on, Martinez goes for games, Moyes never and that in itself is exciting.

Although unfortunately the result was exactly the same.

Deulofeu is not up for games like this mentally yet. He'll be better for this experience though and maybe next time he'll show a bit of composure.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 23, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
Reply #1009

Cozzie

Haha go ead Austin Healy!

November 23, 2013, 09:07:29 PM
Reply #1010

bacon sarnie

I only managed to catch the last 25 minutes of the game on the TV when we were still 2-1 down. Certainly an excellent game from a neutral's perspective and while I do feel slightly disappointed we couldn't win the game, it seemed the game was wide open especially at the end so a draw is a fair result. Of course we had some golden opportunities to score even more but I guess there is a reason why Liverpool paid 10m or so for their goalkeeper.

At least Mirallas finally managed to score and Lukaku was a lot more effective than in our last couple of games. I think Martinez got the tactics right but I'm not sure about the personnel for the last 2 subsitutions - I think Naismith rather than Osman should have come on for Pienaar and it was a bit of a gamble putting Stones on instead of the more experienced Heitinga. We would have probably defended better with those two players on.

When we scored the third I though RM would cancel or change the Stones sub. Deffo Naismith instead of Osman for me as well.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:11 PM
Reply #1011

sirblue57

I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:20 PM
Reply #1012

Ross

Deulofeu is not up for games like this mentally yet. He'll be better for this experience though and maybe next time he'll show a bit of composure.

He also brought on a defender for an attacking player when time was nearly up and we where in front

let's not talk about that now though
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:10:42 PM by Samwise »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:42 PM
Reply #1013

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Even though Delefeou frustrated me, its nice to see Baines go off and see an attacking player come on, Martinez goes for games, Moyes never and that in itself is exciting.

Let's not bring Moyes into this. That statement is utterly untrue though, unless you're suggesting we never won a game after falling behind under Moyes.

This is about Martinez now, let's leave it there.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:47 PM
Reply #1014

Cozzie

It seemed that way today.

While he is no doubt an exciting prospect, he gave the ball away far to many times when he came on for a game of this magnitude.

But what does fill me with confidence is Martinez' willingness to change the game in an attacking sense, and as you could see it very nearly worked.

I have no doubt in my mind if Moyes was still in charge we would have bottled it.

November 23, 2013, 09:08:52 PM
Reply #1015

sirblue57

best derby since the 4-4 for me.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 23, 2013, 09:09:46 PM
Reply #1016

sam of the south

Rodgers playing the "if Suarez made that tackle" card. Well he'd have got away with it like always.

My God, what a farcical anus that git is.

I know we will always be hyper sensitive to whatever their managers say, but they really do employ some absolute whoppers.

It's probably their arrogant ethos that infects most that walk in there.

How he can say that after Suarez got away with those disgraceful challenges on Mirallas and Distin last season is beyond me.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 23, 2013, 09:09:46 PM
Reply #1017

Cozzie

?

He just started ripping into a fellow rugby player and Liverpool fan when they switched to the rugby then. Was wearing his Everton scarf giving it the beans, was pretty funny.

November 23, 2013, 09:09:59 PM
Reply #1018

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can't put up a poll for some reason.

There are pills you can take for that I believe.

November 23, 2013, 09:10:42 PM
Reply #1019

hill135

He also brought on a defender for an attacking player when time was nearly up and we where in front

He changed from two cbs to three to provide a spare man against their dangerous partnership. An eminently sensible tactical change and qualitatively different from Moyes' "let's throw on another defensive body and hang on for dear life" routine I would say