0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
4 (4.7%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 59191 times)

December 06, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
Read 59191 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
http://m.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/12/06/arteta-blues-have-been-great

Is it wrong that I still love Mikel? :)

In my dreams, once he hangs his boots up, he returns to us to get his coaching badges.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 08, 2013, 01:26:09 AM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully they'll realise tomorrow after we beat them haha!

Some bad shouts in there though. One of them said something like "as if we'll lose to a team with Gareth Barry in it". Barry came out today and said Arsenal tried to sign him this summer.

That's cause their manager isn't a fucking idiot, only their fans.

December 08, 2013, 09:52:03 PM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
A win here would mean so much more than the win at Old Trafford. Arsenal are in full swing and at the top of their confidence, if we can break them here, we can do anything.

December 08, 2013, 10:00:16 PM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Remember to bookmark all of this positivity so if we do lose today we don't start saying that we're shit.

I defo won't be. We still will have collected more points from these two fixtures than we were expecting.

December 08, 2013, 11:54:02 PM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I'll take this point, we've also played even better than on Wednesday.

December 09, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Cue the 'everton were very resilient' shouts from the media. Tyler was gutted when he seen the possession was 50-50 before after banging on about how dominant arsenal were on the ball.

We seem to slowly become the footballer's football team though: Merson, Neville and probably more and more ex-pros are loving us.

December 09, 2013, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley. The poor lad didn't blink when being interviewed!

His first interview on telly as well. Credit should be given to everyone who's kept him shielded from the media frenzy for so long.

December 09, 2013, 12:26:40 AM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
How did Deulofeu hit that goal? I've never seen anyone kick the ball like that before.

December 09, 2013, 05:06:02 AM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Great stats today:

Possession: AFC 44% EFC 56%

Passes: AFC 403 EFC 515

Accuracy: AFC 79% EFC 84%

Shots: AFC 11 EFC 12

To be fair, they shaded territorial possession though.

December 09, 2013, 05:07:14 AM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is though, under Moyes our fullbacks would get forward as well, so I don't get why they're focusing on that.

Exactly. I could understand it on Wednesday, when they were up even in the last five minutes at 0-0, which we would never have done under Moyes, but in general we did that all the time.

December 09, 2013, 05:28:07 AM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair, I just watched MOTD2 and both Hansen and Mills were full of praise without being patronising.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:28:22 AM by Major Clanger »

December 09, 2013, 05:30:15 AM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
It pisses me off when 'pundits' talk about us doing well with an intonation in their voice like they have discovered something new that no one, including Everton fans, have noticed. John Collins was a rare exception today where he said how good we were and it was expressed as a well known fact with no element of surprise in his voice.

Then you get the rest of them saying 'ooh, Everton are doing well this season aren't they?  They can't keep it up though...'

It's hardly a suprise that John Collins says that though.

And of course they're saying we can't keep it up, we still have a relatively small squad compared to the big money clubs. They're saying the same about Arsenal too.

December 09, 2013, 05:44:26 AM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
They're job is to give their opinion, and that's all it is, one person's opinion.

I think a distinction has to be made here. Pundits are paid to give an opinion and that's fine. Most of them seem to have taken to us anyway.

But journalists aren't paid for their opinions, they're paid to report on or to sum up what happens on the pitch for those who can't see it. And when they practically misrepresent games, that can be infuriating. Although they're hardly worth wasting bile on in the big scheme of things.

December 09, 2013, 05:45:25 AM
Reply #13

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Being somewhat a sad old man.......I always take a look at the opponents fans forums after our games and the Arsenal fans almost to a man thought Everton were the best team they have faced this season --- it matters not one iota what Danny Mills and Hanson say, "those that know do in fact know"

But they did say the same thing, ffs. Let's not be paranoid about things that didn't even happen.