0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
4 (4.7%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 63641 times)

December 09, 2013, 05:30:15 AM
Reply #480

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
It pisses me off when 'pundits' talk about us doing well with an intonation in their voice like they have discovered something new that no one, including Everton fans, have noticed. John Collins was a rare exception today where he said how good we were and it was expressed as a well known fact with no element of surprise in his voice.

Then you get the rest of them saying 'ooh, Everton are doing well this season aren't they?  They can't keep it up though...'

It's hardly a suprise that John Collins says that though.

And of course they're saying we can't keep it up, we still have a relatively small squad compared to the big money clubs. They're saying the same about Arsenal too.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 09, 2013, 05:32:59 AM
Reply #481

ally2

It's hardly a suprise that John Collins says that though.

And of course they're saying we can't keep it up, we still have a relatively small squad compared to the big money clubs. They're saying the same about Arsenal too.

I know Collins played for us but I've never been convinced that he really took to Everton but maybe that's wrong.

As for keeping it up, yes I really mean the style of football and it's effectiveness together.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:33:29 AM by ally2 »

December 09, 2013, 05:34:48 AM
Reply #482

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Merson and Collins were great, as was Neville. Tyler on the other hand had us beat soon as they scored.

Ex players on Sky are very, very good pundits. Merson, Hoddle, Souness, Nevile, all chat complete sense without any form of big club bias. The journos and anyone that works for the BBC and BT on the other hand chat the same old cliche ignorant shite. Savage and Owen being the absolute worst for it.

Didnt BT call our win at United a "smash and grab"
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 09, 2013, 05:35:24 AM
Reply #483

Bluedylan

As much as anything, John Collins was a lovely footballer, with a peach of a left peg, and he's always appreciated football played a certain way. I'm sure he does have some affection for us, judging by the tone in his voice today, but he seemed to be largely responding to the football that we served up. And we served it up alright.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 09, 2013, 05:37:05 AM
Reply #484

ally2

Merson and Collins were great, as was Neville. Tyler on the other hand had us beat soon as they scored.

Ex players on Sky are very, very good pundits. Merson, Hoddle, Souness, Nevile, all chat complete sense without any form of big club bias. The journos and anyone that works for the BBC and BT on the other hand chat the same old cliche ignorant shite. Savage and Owen being the absolute worst for it.

Didnt BT call our win at United a "smash and grab"

You missed out Carra lad

December 09, 2013, 05:37:12 AM
Reply #485

Gash

Global Moderator
Is it so much to ask these people to do their jobs properly though?

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but its get slightly infuriating when week in week out it's the same old big club bias.

They're job is to give their opinion, and that's all it is, one person's opinion.

I tend to think we as fans read far too much into something that gets said about the opposition as well. It's very much a selective hearing thing, we only hear good things said about the opposition and go off on one when something is said, while totally ignoring/forgetting/not hearing anything good said about us.

The "top four" will always be the big draw because that's where the money is for the media to report on unfortunately. It won't change especially since the arrival of the Premier League and anything before that tends to be forgotten about. I've just got to the stage I don't see the point in moaning about it, in fact the people moaning about it bores me more than the media's lack of coverage.

December 09, 2013, 05:42:52 AM
Reply #486

ally2

The top four doesn't really exist anymore. It used to be the four biggest clubs and best clubs. Liverpool and Spurs are massive clubs but not too four. We are probably not 'big' enough.

What I like about is is that Moyes gave us credibility, but Martinez is giving like-ability. We generally have a bit of class about us, don't get bailed out by billionaires yet play good football and are doing well. This is a situation in which I couldn't wish for any more.

December 09, 2013, 05:43:31 AM
Reply #487

chang

Being somewhat a sad old man.......I always take a look at the opponents fans forums after our games and the Arsenal fans almost to a man thought Everton were the best team they have faced this season --- it matters not one iota what Danny Mills and Hanson say, "those that know do in fact know"

The longer we stay below the radar, the better IMO.

December 09, 2013, 05:44:26 AM
Reply #488

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
They're job is to give their opinion, and that's all it is, one person's opinion.

I think a distinction has to be made here. Pundits are paid to give an opinion and that's fine. Most of them seem to have taken to us anyway.

But journalists aren't paid for their opinions, they're paid to report on or to sum up what happens on the pitch for those who can't see it. And when they practically misrepresent games, that can be infuriating. Although they're hardly worth wasting bile on in the big scheme of things.

December 09, 2013, 05:44:53 AM
Reply #489

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Don't they sell bras for the more voluptuous lady?

Don't know mate I'm a B cup.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

December 09, 2013, 05:45:25 AM
Reply #490

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Being somewhat a sad old man.......I always take a look at the opponents fans forums after our games and the Arsenal fans almost to a man thought Everton were the best team they have faced this season --- it matters not one iota what Danny Mills and Hanson say, "those that know do in fact know"

But they did say the same thing, ffs. Let's not be paranoid about things that didn't even happen.

December 09, 2013, 05:46:12 AM
Reply #491

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think a distinction has to be made here. Pundits are paid to give an opinion and that's fine. Most of them seem to have taken to us anyway.

But journalists aren't paid for their opinions, they're paid to report on or to sum up what happens on the pitch for those who can't see it. And when they practically misrepresent games, that can be infuriating. Although they're hardly worth wasting bile on in the big scheme of things.

It's the journos that wind me up the most. Their ratings have me baffled.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 09, 2013, 05:48:15 AM
Reply #492

bluestevie

Brilliant performance, fully deserving of at least a point. Deulofeu's goal was a peach and his introduction seemed to finally get Lukaku going after flitting in and out of the game up to that point. Barry and McCarthy are really gelling as a partnership, can't see any reason to not sign GB on a permanent deal in the summer. The Arsenal players and fans aren't half whinging cunts though, particularly with the Lukaku/Koscienly incident in the first half. Still from 3 potentially difficult games post derby we have ended up with 7 points. Maximum points from the next 4 games will set us up nicely for the new year
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

December 09, 2013, 05:51:00 AM
Reply #493

Bluedylan

In fairness, I'm just reading through the Guardian's comments section from the game, and we're getting massively praised by fans of Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea and other neutrals all the way through. Not many reds on there weirdly.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 09, 2013, 05:59:43 AM
Reply #494

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Love a good moan don't we?

Can't we just enjoy a good performance and a good result?

Who gives a fuck what journos think?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."