October 23, 2020, 06:52:45 PM

Author Topic: Rosssssssssss Barkley  (Read 1868 times)

October 05, 2020, 02:33:29 AM
Reply #15

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Well in Ross. Grealish has been brilliant tonight.

October 05, 2020, 04:37:44 AM
Reply #16

Omar

Yeah, Grealish is the real deal. Would have liked have snapped him up ourselves.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

October 05, 2020, 05:04:07 PM
Reply #17

Nicco

New Villa partnership GRoss.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

October 05, 2020, 09:07:27 PM
Reply #18

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Not judging him on 45 mins for Villa.  Rather I'm judging him based on some good seasons with us, and some solid games for Chelsea. 

I think those shitting on him are bitter, and understandably so, as Barkley should be embarrassed for how he left the club.
Barkley is a good player, anyone who gets to play in the PL is. He had the promise to be better than good but it didn't materialise, as happens to the majority of footballers. Only a very few achieve the 'elite ' status but because we only see the PL we compare everyone to that elite and tend to put the others down. There are millions of footballers in the UK from Sunday league upwards but we don't compare to them do we? Anyone who plays professionally is talented and within that professional group Barkley is near the top. But elite? No.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 05, 2020, 09:36:34 PM
Reply #19

howard1334

Barkley is a good player, anyone who gets to play in the PL is. He had the promise to be better than good but it didn't materialise, as happens to the majority of footballers. Only a very few achieve the 'elite ' status but because we only see the PL we compare everyone to that elite and tend to put the others down. There are millions of footballers in the UK from Sunday league upwards but we don't compare to them do we? Anyone who plays professionally is talented and within that professional group Barkley is near the top. But elite? No.

Certainly not meaning to suggest he is elite.  He's not.  He had the potential but, as you said, it did not materialise.

October 06, 2020, 12:00:38 AM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

He’s a very good player. Would have him over Gomes in our midfield

October 19, 2020, 05:18:15 AM
Reply #21

MmmblueBernard

He’s a very good player. Would have him over Gomes in our midfield

Gomes is far more consistent. That’s what you need at elite level. More x-factor to Barkley tho, for sure.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 19, 2020, 05:24:32 AM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

Gomes is far more consistent. That’s what you need at elite level. More x-factor to Barkley tho, for sure.

Don’t really agree. Gomes is consistently a bit nothingy.

October 22, 2020, 07:17:32 PM
Reply #23

mikey_blue

Yeah Gomes is pants. Doesn't really do anything that leads to goals, and hasn't for his whole career. Ross is younger, more athletic and where he has massive holes in his game, he's able to score goals with either feet and run at pace. I think it's an easy choice between them.

16 hours ago
Reply #24

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley is 5 months younger than Gomes. They're different types of player anyway.

In fact the only thing they've got in common is that neither has fulfilled their potential.

15 hours ago
Reply #25

kramer0

It was jarring how quickly things turned for him here.

It remains to be seen how he’ll do for the rest of the season but it’s a bummer seeing him play well at all for Villa.

He should have been an Everton player for his entire career. Even with the flaws, there’s so much you can do with a player with his combo of pressure resistance and technique.

Koeman was a disaster. I can’t help but think that he could have still become a brilliant player if someone like Favre had gotten his hands on him at that point in time.

14 hours ago
Reply #26

Waltzer

It was jarring how quickly things turned for him here.

It remains to be seen how he'll do for the rest of the season but it's a bummer seeing him play well at all for Villa.

He should have been an Everton player for his entire career. Even with the flaws, there's so much you can do with a player with his combo of pressure resistance and technique.

Koeman was a disaster. I can't help but think that he could have still become a brilliant player if someone like Favre had gotten his hands on him at that point in time.
He didn't want to be an Everton player for the rest of his career, that's the main point your missing.
I don't think things turned on him, it was only after he shafted us that things turned.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

13 hours ago
Reply #27

Bluedylan

He didn't want to be an Everton player for the rest of his career, that's the main point your missing.
I don't think things turned on him, it was only after he shafted us that things turned.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Bit six of one and half a dozen of the other. Barkley didn't handle the situation very well and didn't treat the club very well, but I also think we mismanaged him and the club in general at that time.

Shame for all concerned really.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

12 hours ago
Reply #28

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Bit six of one and half a dozen of the other. Barkley didn't handle the situation very well and didn't treat the club very well, but I also think we mismanaged him and the club in general at that time.

Shame for all concerned really.

I think the more we see of Ancelotti, the more we'll start to realise how fucking badly this club had been mismanaged before him.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.