45 (57%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Browning (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Southampton v Everton  (Read 64145 times)

August 16, 2015, 12:10:54 AM
Reply #630

Heisenberg

Finally, well done to the Boss for getting the team, tactics and attitude spot-on !

He does this everytime the pressures on him and his style. I fully expect him to play this better brand of football for a few games before he reverts back to his own drivel

August 16, 2015, 12:15:41 AM
Reply #631

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Brilliant performance that.  I've had Bad Moon Rising on repeat in my head for the last 3 hours, so put Creedance's 'Best of' on to read through this whole thread - life is good!

Oh, and I love the green kit.  Favourite for years.

August 16, 2015, 12:16:21 AM
Reply #632

blueski

Great pictures of a great game...

Mods - how about a pictures from the season thread

that was done 2 seasons ago & personally enjoyed it

would just start it myself but @everton mint seems to have done so beautifully right here
Nil Satis

August 16, 2015, 12:19:52 AM
Reply #633

Lxxx

Y, good point ENC re: Roms attitude. Superb today, was a gentleman to a Soton fan who he drilled in the face prematch as well.

He's a very like able footballer, no doubt. Kone seems to really have formed a bromance there... Maybe a factor in Kone's excellent start to the season?

Nice person yeh although I'd prefer it if he wasn't so nice at times. If he had a bit of Diego Costa in him, with his frame, he'd be unplayable. However today was a good day, let's applaud him, we're in a Champions League place and leave any criticism until after next weeks performance.

August 16, 2015, 12:38:42 AM
Reply #634

Shogun

Administrator
Nice to have Hoddle as a commentator as well. He loved that Barkley performance!
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

August 16, 2015, 12:44:48 AM
Reply #635

Ridge

And we didn't have to have to listen to Owen, today was a good day.

August 16, 2015, 12:51:37 AM
Reply #636

Alanvideo

Nice to have Hoddle as a commentator as well. He loved that Barkley performance!
..........I thought that too , Hoddle is a class apart from the other pundits.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 16, 2015, 12:52:15 AM
Reply #637

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
How is the green kit up close? I know there was a thread on here about poor quality in some of the Umbro gear this year.

August 16, 2015, 01:02:55 AM
Reply #638

Gash

Global Moderator
How is the green kit up close?

Fuck knows, couldn't see it.

August 16, 2015, 01:11:21 AM
Reply #639

marky v

..........I thought that too , Hoddle is a class apart from the other pundits.

Spoke well on where we go wrong very intelligent pundit

Intelligence with football must state he's odd in his beliefs

August 16, 2015, 01:42:55 AM
Reply #640

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I had Jim Beglin on nbc, bit of a twat really
Simply simply lovely

August 16, 2015, 01:43:00 AM
Reply #641

everton1952

Martinez in his long after match statement said everything I wanted to hear. Too often there is a doubt that the people in charge really know what the fans feel. As a "Martinez Out" man I retract that, not on the basis of a good win which it was, but on convincing me that he knows what we are about at Everton. He may not achieve it but he understands it. Good luck to him.

August 16, 2015, 01:51:13 AM
Reply #642

Danny

It's exciting when you watch them play like that and know 3 more are coming, if even one of them is good enough to take a starting place we'll be very good this year.

August 16, 2015, 01:56:36 AM
Reply #643

Gash

Global Moderator
Martinez in his long after match statement said everything I wanted to hear. Too often there is a doubt that the people in charge really know what the fans feel. As a "Martinez Out" man I retract that, not on the basis of a good win which it was, but on convincing me that he knows what we are about at Everton. He may not achieve it but he understands it. Good luck to him.

I think he's always bought into Everton and knows what we're about. Right from the start he's tried to immerse himself in the club, had legends at the training ground, their photos on walls and learned all about our history. It was his stubbornness as a manager that was a concern rather than "getting" Everton, his appearance on Monday Night Football really concerned me after trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

After watching him on Monday the alarm bells really were starting to ring that's why today's performance and his post match comments were even more refreshing, he's shown that he will change and that he and the players were aware that the tempo was too slow and it needed changed, he also said that after last week's game. Now he needs to stick to that and not do what he's done in the past by changing when he has to then for some strange reason go back to the boring, slow possession game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:57:24 AM by Gash »

August 16, 2015, 01:58:50 AM
Reply #644

The Analog Kid

Refreshing.