45 (57%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Browning (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Southampton v Everton  (Read 63987 times)

August 16, 2015, 01:59:44 AM
Reply #645

Shogun

Administrator
Personally, I don't think we've had many questions answered today. It was a great win but even last season against Manchester United, we showed our counter attacking prowess. The upcoming matches where teams will try to dominate possession will probably do us a world of good.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

August 16, 2015, 02:04:08 AM
Reply #646

blob

Personally, I don't think we've had many questions answered today. It was a great win but even last season against Manchester United, we showed our counter attacking prowess. The upcoming matches where teams will try to dominate possession will probably do us a world of good.

hope your unabridged version is right :)

August 16, 2015, 02:33:27 AM
Reply #647

dekko

We really have to give a big credit to Kone. What a cross/pass to Lukaku. That could've turned out to being a half chance but instead he placed the ball on Lukakus head over 3 defenders and away from the keepers reach. That paved the way for a more relaxed, patient way of playing.

But overall great performance! Good speed coming out a few times, great playing by Lukaku and Barkley trying to help each other and not being selfish.

August 16, 2015, 02:39:46 AM
Reply #648

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Bloody typical I miss today's game to go to a family BBQ.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 16, 2015, 02:40:52 AM
Reply #649

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think our defence deserves some plaudits. Some big headers out, some good blocks. People putting their bodies on the line.

Much better.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 16, 2015, 02:50:00 AM
Reply #650

Fern

I'm not not a fan of Martinez as most of you probably know but well done to him getting the tactics right today. I hope this is the start of something good because the squad is certainly good enough.

August 16, 2015, 02:56:23 AM
Reply #651

blob

you know what that means, brownie. self-imposed exile until we lose again :)

August 16, 2015, 02:59:33 AM
Reply #652

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
you know what that means, brownie. self-imposed exile until we lose again :)

Anything for the team bro

August 16, 2015, 03:02:54 AM
Reply #653

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not not a fan of Martinez as most of you probably know but well done to him getting the tactics right today. I hope this is the start of something good because the squad is certainly good enough.
Well said pal
Simply simply lovely

August 16, 2015, 03:06:54 AM
Reply #654

benny

Kone looked convincing - its only 2 games but we might actually have something in him

i might just have to admit i was wrong about Kone in a few weeks   :clap:  nod

August 16, 2015, 03:24:02 AM
Reply #655

Everton Mint

I dont think anyone was really that 'anti-Martinez'... we were just so frustrated that he was being stubborn and the team had lost their way through imposing his passing philosophy to the exclusion of so much else.

He has so many great attributes and I have been proud to have him as our manager, so its great that he's now adapting and the it looks like the team are thriving again.

Early days but a HUGE step in the right direction.

August 16, 2015, 03:33:48 AM
Reply #656

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think anyone was really that 'anti-Martinez'... we were just so frustrated that he was being stubborn and the team had lost their way through imposing his passing philosophy to the exclusion of so much else.

He has so many great attributes and I have been proud to have him as our manager, so its great that he's now adapting and the it looks like the team are thriving again.

Early days but a HUGE step in the right direction.

Oh there were a few mate - last year in particular - who got particularly personal. One swallow doesn't make a summer as they say but this will do the boys a load of good confidence wise

August 16, 2015, 03:39:36 AM
Reply #657

benny

And we didn't have to have to listen to Owen, today was a good day.

here here   :cheers:  :woohoo:

August 16, 2015, 03:47:28 AM
Reply #658

cantoffee

I think our defence deserves some plaudits. Some big headers out, some good blocks. People putting their bodies on the line.

Much better.

Jags was excellent. Always talking, keeping everyone organised. We never really lost our shape at any point and it really went a long to way to limiting their chances.

It helped that whenever they broke we were able to slow them down enough to regain our shape, credit to the midfielders for that.

Nice to score 3 but it's good to see us keep a clean sheet and should give everyone some confidence that we can keep that going in the future.

August 16, 2015, 03:52:40 AM
Reply #659

bertcocaine

And look at all the positivity that has blossomed in your absence. ;D
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others