May 17, 2021, 07:39:28 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce takeover deal  (Read 130697 times)

February 29, 2016, 05:51:26 PM
Reply #405

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
We've got a press conference coming up in 10 minutes, I expect all the questions to be about the takeover.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 29, 2016, 05:59:54 PM
Reply #406

Bluedylan

It is possible that they will both come on board.

It's hard not to be biased and get carried away, but we are a potentially very attractive prospect...

A) We are a Sleeping Giant, utterly starved of recent success, so expectations are low, and patience among the fanbase will be relatively high.

B) We are far from being a Media Darling club, so media pressure and scrutiny will not be enormous.

C) Large and loyal fanbase, that can easily be increased with correct marketing.

D) We have four of the most exciting and highly marketable young players on the planet in Stones, Lukaku, Deulofeu, and Barkley.

E) We have an extremely personable and charismatic young Manager, who has us playing very attractive football when we click; with the addition of a Defensive Coach we could be dynamite.

F) We share a City with a Club that despite huge media backing, financial resources, and 'favourable' treatment in many areas, are still relatively unsuccessful even when they boasted the likes of Ratboy, Wavy Arm Cunt et al tearing up the place.... We aren't neighbours to City or Chelsea.

G) We are a stadium, a few player additions, and better coaching away from really competing.

Also, Usmanov's never going to get control of Arsenal. Kroenke's said as much. He's got the majority (60 odd %) and he's said he's going to pass his shares down to his family, so there's nowhere for Usmanov to go on that front.

Now maybe that's nothing to do with this. Moshiri might want to break out on his own and make his own mark. But they have been business partners for years and have specifically being trying and failing to get controlling interest there.

And then one day Moshiri sells shares in Arsenal to Usmanov and immediately becomes the majority shareholder in Everton, with a view to becoming the outright owner over the next few years. Is it such a stretch to imagine that Moshiri has been 'sent on ahead', as it were, to start investing in the team, getting the ground improvements started, as a prep for Usmanov (or other obscenely wealthy people) coming in at a later date?

Even if that doesn't happen, the very idea that we've got a majority shareholder who has direct access to people like Usmanov and other similarly rarified contacts can only be a good thing, imo.

For example, if we decided to build a new ground rather than redevelop, you'd imagine it would be much easier to put the funding together now, rather than just relying on taxpayers. Moshiri has been involved in construction before, he'd have a lot of contacts for naming rights, sponsorship deals, all of that stuff.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 29, 2016, 06:17:35 PM
Reply #407

Fern

Also, Usmanov's never going to get control of Arsenal. Kroenke's said as much. He's got the majority (60 odd %) and he's said he's going to pass his shares down to his family, so there's nowhere for Usmanov to go on that front.

Now maybe that's nothing to do with this. Moshiri might want to break out on his own and make his own mark. But they have been business partners for years and have specifically being trying and failing to get controlling interest there.

And then one day Moshiri sells shares in Arsenal to Usmanov and immediately becomes the majority shareholder in Everton, with a view to becoming the outright owner over the next few years. Is it such a stretch to imagine that Moshiri has been 'sent on ahead', as it were, to start investing in the team, getting the ground improvements started, as a prep for Usmanov (or other obscenely wealthy people) coming in at a later date?

Even if that doesn't happen, the very idea that we've got a majority shareholder who has direct access to people like Usmanov and other similarly rarified contacts can only be a good thing, imo.

For example, if we decided to build a new ground rather than redevelop, you'd imagine it would be much easier to put the funding together now, rather than just relying on taxpayers. Moshiri has been involved in construction before, he'd have a lot of contacts for naming rights, sponsorship deals, all of that stuff.

What a great post. Insightful. Thanks fella.

February 29, 2016, 06:21:05 PM
Reply #408

Jamokachi

February 29, 2016, 06:24:20 PM
Reply #409

Macca77

"You can imagine the excitement we have. It is something for every Evertonian to be excited about and looking forward to.

"This is the start of a new era. He will take us to the next level. He is the perfect person to come in.

"It needs to be improved by the Premier League but we are very excited. It is a big moment in our club's history."

"The investment is really good news," says the boss. "I met him and the impression I got is of a gentleman with incredible values.

"He knows the Premier League inside out because he has been involved wit another club.

"Sometimes you get businessman who donít know football but that is not the case here. He has followed this club very closely and he has fallen in love with what Everton means and the heritage and the history."

Commence operation wank self silly

February 29, 2016, 06:27:49 PM
Reply #410

BlueBeagle

So Uzmanov is on board as well now is he and this guy has been sent ahead on a fact-finding mission and to put some groundwork in.
As well as us getting a new ground by 18:25 next tuesday.
And spending a trillion in the summer.

Fucking slow down will you.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:28:42 PM by BlueBeagle »

February 29, 2016, 06:28:31 PM
Reply #411

Ross

Roberto seemed very chipper about the news!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 29, 2016, 06:28:39 PM
Reply #412

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So Uzmanov is on board as well now is he.

People are just speculating.

Not one person is stating anything as fact.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 29, 2016, 06:29:52 PM
Reply #413

BlueBeagle

People are just speculating.

Not one person is stating anything as fact.

If this kind of speculation and dreaming was being spouted on RAWK people on here would be laughin themselves silly.

February 29, 2016, 06:30:27 PM
Reply #414

Ross

So Uzmanov is on board as well now is he and this guy has been sent ahead on a fact-finding mission and to put some groundwork in.

Who'd you want in the summer BB? Messi or Ronaldo?

Or maybe we could wind the redshite up and buy Suarez?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 29, 2016, 06:34:39 PM
Reply #415

Trowel

Among the talk of billions, I woke up this morning dreaming that, above all else, this leads to a new tyre partnership.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/02/29/new-tyre-partnership

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 29, 2016, 06:35:30 PM
Reply #416

Jamokachi

Oi, cheer the fuck up and let people enjoy the moment.

February 29, 2016, 06:37:53 PM
Reply #417

Macca77

Among the talk of billions, I woke up this morning dreaming that, above all else, this leads to a new tyre partnership.

Oh Leighton, you're my man crush  :blush:

February 29, 2016, 06:40:58 PM
Reply #418

Alanvideo

..............this is great news , it might improve the way we take corners  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 29, 2016, 06:43:49 PM
Reply #419

Ross

..............this is great news , it might improve the way we take corners  :snigger:

Get a grip.