November 23, 2020, 10:13:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 643905 times)

December 21, 2018, 02:39:35 PM
Reply #4230

Toddacelli

I'm excited.

Announcing proposed capacity = progress. This is happening and I'm putting my faith in Everton and Meis and everyone else to deliver something special we can be proud of.

Merry Christmas. And God bless us - every one!   :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 21, 2018, 02:52:21 PM
Reply #4231

Alanvideo

And how come this 10k waiting list has only come up like a week ago?

Suspect stuff.
..........the club have been quoting that kind of figure for a while now. I was talking to a lad who works in the box office and he said there are plenty of people waiting for ST's because its such good value and prices have been frozen. I guess everyone who enquires gets logged and that's how they get a bank of 1000's of names .Maybe not a true waiting list but if someone gives up a seat they have plenty of names to call.
@TheRam  you got in but its easier to get one seat than if you're looking for 2 or 3 together and other people might have turned down an obstructed view.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 21, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
Reply #4232

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We hired a marketing guy whos job was going to be growing revenue from subscription and memberships etc.

Wonder if hes the man behind the 10k stuff.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2018, 03:12:23 PM
Reply #4233

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Few salient points here lads.

First of all, @Bluedylan & @Ross , i saw 52k and was disappointed. I deffo get where you are coming from. But my disappointment doesn't stand up to the cold hard facts (money) of the matter. I was hoping for 55k and so 3000 seats isn't something i'm going to dwell on.

Second, this 10k waiting list? It's supply and demand. There are people like me and @Brownie who have bought a season ticket even though it didn't make any sense at the time. There will be people who cant really afford it, cant really make it often enough due to locatio0n or work. But they'll get one now BECAUSE there's a waiting list.
I waited 2 years for my 2 season tickets @TheRam . The fact you now even hve to PAY to be on the waiting list says a lot.
But, a lot of them 10k will be people buying up our general sale tickets every other week. And many will be on it with a "i can't get one this year, but if there's a waiting list i should go on it as i want one in the vague future".
This all inflates that list.

There's one more consultation in the spring/summer @arteta4spain . With an idea of putting in planning permission next summer/autumn. Somewhere around then is when we're going to get the designs.

December 21, 2018, 03:20:36 PM
Reply #4234

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fair points on the waiting list stuff.

Seems legit then.

Says a lot about our fan base that. Theres defo scope for 62k but Im happy enough with the 52k figure for now

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 21, 2018, 03:25:24 PM
Reply #4235

Bob Sacamano

We hired a marketing guy whos job was going to be growing revenue from subscription and memberships etc.

Wonder if hes the man behind the 10k stuff

Wonder if hes the man behind the 10k stuff.

Who is he? Is there anything knocking around about his credentials?

December 21, 2018, 03:27:54 PM
Reply #4236

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Few salient points here lads.

First of all, @Bluedylan & @Ross , i saw 52k and was disappointed. I deffo get where you are coming from. But my disappointment doesn't stand up to the cold hard facts (money) of the matter. I was hoping for 55k and so 3000 seats isn't something i'm going to dwell on.

Second, this 10k waiting list? It's supply and demand. There are people like me and @Brownie who have bought a season ticket even though it didn't make any sense at the time. There will be people who cant really afford it, cant really make it often enough due to locatio0n or work. But they'll get one now BECAUSE there's a waiting list.
I waited 2 years for my 2 season tickets @TheRam . The fact you now even hve to PAY to be on the waiting list says a lot.
But, a lot of them 10k will be people buying up our general sale tickets every other week. And many will be on it with a "i can't get one this year, but if there's a waiting list i should go on it as i want one in the vague future".
This all inflates that list.

There's one more consultation in the spring/summer @arteta4spain . With an idea of putting in planning permission next summer/autumn. Somewhere around then is when we're going to get the designs.

Take your point on the W.L but that still doesnt explain how come we were pushing sales of half season tickets up to two years ago ?

December 21, 2018, 03:34:54 PM
Reply #4237

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Makes sense to see how we get on
If 52k gets filled every game for a few seasons then whack the extra 10 on, its doubtful it will tho
Lets be realistic and appreciate the stadium for what it is, where it is and what it will bring
Simply simply lovely

December 21, 2018, 03:46:22 PM
Reply #4238

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
You will also get touts/sporting event companies signing up to this season ticket waiting list, just so that they can then get tickets for when we move into our new stadium and charge a premium for the first game played there etc.

December 21, 2018, 03:49:46 PM
Reply #4239

Macca77

You will also get touts/sporting event companies signing up to this season ticket waiting list, just so that they can then get tickets for when we move into our new stadium and charge a premium for the first game played there etc.

Just gonna say this. Will be interesting to see how many corporate boxes / tickets they will be at BM.

Just wanna see some sketches now, would be great to have an idea

December 21, 2018, 03:54:15 PM
Reply #4240

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
There are already touts with season tickets, there are permanently three seats together in UG on Stub Hub at inflated prices.

December 21, 2018, 04:15:18 PM
Reply #4241

D15TIN

..........the club have been quoting that kind of figure for a while now. I was talking to a lad who works in the box office and he said there are plenty of people waiting for ST's because its such good value and prices have been frozen. I guess everyone who enquires gets logged and that's how they get a bank of 1000's of names .Maybe not a true waiting list but if someone gives up a seat they have plenty of names to call.
@TheRam  you got in but its easier to get one seat than if you're looking for 2 or 3 together and other people might have turned down an obstructed view.
There's definitely a large waiting list, lad by me in work is on it, and says he's in Tier 2 of 4, tier 1 is those next on the list for a season ticket

December 21, 2018, 04:35:03 PM
Reply #4242

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Who is he? Is there anything knocking around about his credentials?

There was at the time, similar to my line of work so I had a poke about and quite liked the look of it.

Proof is in the pudding I suppose, plus still not sure who exactly is making commercial decisions on marketing etc. but it seems in a good place I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2018, 04:35:53 PM
Reply #4243

Martip

Would it be 'brave' for us to look to bridge that gap by charging 1000+ for a season ticket like Spurs do?  Surely us only charging 450 is us fearing ambition because if we believed in ourselves then our stand would pay.

If 52k was the max then it would lack ambition.  52k with plans and designs in place to increase to 62k 'if demand requires it' isn't small time at all, it's just being smart.
It surely wouldn't be unreasonable for prices to increase after the move and people should expect it. Nothing is free and I'm pretty sure not many would moan if the rises are proportionate.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

December 21, 2018, 05:03:24 PM
Reply #4244

Simon Paul

Administrator
There are already touts with season tickets, there are permanently three seats together in UG on Stub Hub at inflated prices.
The club have put seats on stubhub themselves in the past. Blocks of twenty together...