August 02, 2021, 08:35:58 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 1020285 times)

April 25, 2021, 04:16:37 PM
Reply #5865

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

April 25, 2021, 06:42:21 PM
Reply #5866

Macca77

April 30, 2021, 10:07:38 PM
Reply #5867

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
3,000 people there tonight and tomorrow night, no social distancing, no masks, human guinea pigs ?

April 30, 2021, 10:14:06 PM
Reply #5868

ally2

Yes I guess they are in the sense that their tests could be falsely negative for some reason. On the other hand that is another 3000 people tested. Track and trace will be the key. Fingers crossed though eh?!

May 29, 2021, 03:14:49 PM
Reply #5869

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Extract from a lengthy article in The Times today, stand by for Kopite Outrage !

Unesco described plans to build a 52,888-capacity stadium for Everton football club, given planning permission in February, as “unacceptable”. The designs entail filling in Bramley-Moore Dock, which opened in 1848.

Heritage campaigners fear that this may prove the final straw after Unesco said that it would cause a “major adverse impact on the authenticity, integrity and outstanding universal value of the world heritage site”.

June 11, 2021, 01:23:01 PM
Reply #5870

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Just because it's good for mental health to remember the club is above and more than the 18-month shit-show cycle we've become:

Quote from: The Echo
Everton have been told the club's new stadium has the potential to be recognised as this decade's version of the world famous Guggenheim Museum in New York City.

The Blues are set to build a state-of-the-art 52,000 seat ground at Bramley-Moore Dock, with the club hoping to playing games there at the start of the 2023-24 season.

Everton's £500m project has received planning approval from Liverpool City Council and the club are now awaiting the written go-ahead before beginning work on the stadium and Professor Michael Parkinson, of the University of Liverpool, has made the stunning claim that if the club deliver on their plans, then the Blues' new home on the Mersey will become a global architectural icon - just like the Guggenheim in Manhattan.

Speaking on the Constructive Voices podcast, Professor Parkinson said: "We were joking before that I support Liverpool and that I am a Red.

"I think our owners have been good for the club but they have made some strategic mistakes. Everton Football Club have not been as successful as Liverpool Football Club but their commitment to the city is greater than ours.

Their ambition for the development is really fantastic. If they pull it off it, I think it could become a global leader, I really do, that's the significance of this. We can all think of cheap and cheerful football stadia that you may as well be in Tesco. They have no soul, no quality, you can't defend them, they are there. They are modern and you can park.

I think this is a different kettle of fish, if they pull it off. They have not pulled it off until they have pulled it off.....if they do that, it will be the Guggenheim of the 2020s.

"Everybody will come and see how they did it, if they pull it off. I hope they do and I think they will do. I rate, very highly, the people involved in this."

They want spades fully in the ground by the end of the year and 23/24 is still the pencilled in date for our first season there.
2 more years left at Goodison if that goes according to plan (although i'd wager it will slip by a year myself)

June 11, 2021, 02:17:59 PM
Reply #5871

74Blue

Just because it's good for mental health to remember the club is above and more than the 18-month shit-show cycle we've become:

They want spades fully in the ground by the end of the year and 23/24 is still the pencilled in date for our first season there.
2 more years left at Goodison if that goes according to plan (although i'd wager it will slip by a year myself)
The big advantage of building a brand new stadium in a brand new location is that there is no disruption from the existing site.
When the shite built their big new loft conversion, they were restricted by the fact that the building site was within the footprint of an existing working football stadium, so they were having to work around the fans on matchdays etc.
White Hart Lane was similar in that they were building the new stadium partially on the footprint of the existing one, so were hampered by that.
Our new stadium is being constructed a few miles away from the existing one, on land that is pretty mich derelict, so once the task of backfilling the dock is complete, we can crack on with building works, without the hassle of having to work around an existing working stadium, which should make the whole task a little swifter.

June 11, 2021, 02:29:52 PM
Reply #5872

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
From someone on the build team...

We’ve got raking and UXB survey to do in next couple of weeks. Then some dock wall repairs in advance of filling.

June 11, 2021, 06:16:45 PM
Reply #5873

cantoffee

Wow, not sure I'll get there before the move.

Hope so though, only made 1 match at Goodisom but at least it was the derby!

June 14, 2021, 07:44:04 PM
Reply #5874

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 07:45:39 PM by Toffee1 »

June 14, 2021, 07:45:18 PM
Reply #5875

Cozzie

First spade in the ground, you can rest easy now @brap2
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

June 15, 2021, 06:52:21 PM
Reply #5876

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
First spade in the ground, you can rest easy now @brap2

"Everton hope to be in that position as soon as possible and there remains confidence they will start full works at some point in the second half of this year."

Very reassuring
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2021, 03:24:04 PM
Reply #5877

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
See our neighbours doing another loft conversion Anfield Rd. End, chopping down 37 mature trees in Stanley Park to do so, how does that get approval !

June 16, 2021, 03:54:35 PM
Reply #5878

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno, but they're installing rai-seating, so we'll likely get a glimpse of what it looks like before it gets put into Bramley Moore.

On anothe rnote, the Annie Road extension was the reason i couldnt get on board with the "make it bigger than Anfield" quote. It would have looked like petty one-upmanship that they were able to just immediately beat us over.

June 21, 2021, 11:48:46 PM
Reply #5879

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Official recommendation to remove the UNESCO world heritage site title on the city has been made
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: