November 28, 2020, 02:16:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 646030 times)

December 25, 2019, 05:13:28 AM
Reply #5160

Evertonian in NC

I am probably too much of a recluse to ever visit it, but I tingle with anticipation for its grand opening.  NSNO spirit keeps rolling on.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

December 25, 2019, 05:39:30 AM
Reply #5161

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Funding will 100% already be sorted.

Correct, there will be several comfort letters already from various financial institutions/sources offering terms subject to planning approval being granted, which it will be.

December 25, 2019, 05:57:11 AM
Reply #5162

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

December 25, 2019, 02:03:52 PM
Reply #5163

dchans

Anyone else thinking of getting a season ticket when it opens who hasnít got one now?

Might be prudent to put your name on the list sooner rather than later, even if it means having one for Goodison for a year or two.....
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

December 25, 2019, 02:18:03 PM
Reply #5164

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone else thinking of getting a season ticket when it opens who hasnít got one now?

Might be prudent to put your name on the list sooner rather than later, even if it means having one for Goodison for a year or two.....

Nothing wrong with having one for Goodison if you can afford it is there ? Itís the same club thatís going to BMD, anyway, merry christmas :woohoo:

December 26, 2019, 10:12:30 AM
Reply #5165

Mac934

Has there been mention of a timescale to build once planning approved?

December 26, 2019, 01:59:23 PM
Reply #5166

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Has there been mention of a timescale to build once planning approved?

3 years I think they said.

December 26, 2019, 02:18:03 PM
Reply #5167

Alanvideo

3 years I think they said.
..............yes 3 years build. The original target date for moving in was August 2022 but then the club decided on  the extra consultation period before plans were submitted .This should have ironed out most problems which could have blocked the plans.
So now the earliest we could be in is the beginning of season 2023/24 .That's the best case scenario and I wouldn't put money on it happening on time.  If the plans are called in that would add another year and then the inevitable delays in delivering such a huge project.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 26, 2019, 02:43:31 PM
Reply #5168

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
..............yes 3 years build. The original target date for moving in was August 2022 but then the club decided on  the extra consultation period before plans were submitted .This should have ironed out most problems which could have blocked the plans.
So now the earliest we could be in is the beginning of season 2023/24 .That's the best case scenario and I wouldn't put money on it happening on time.  If the plans are called in that would add another year and then the inevitable delays in delivering such a huge project.

Hope we donít use the same electrical contractor as Spurs ! Took them almost four years to complete but they also had compulsory purchase issues though. Do we have to actually fill a dock with concrete ?

December 26, 2019, 03:06:38 PM
Reply #5169

Alanvideo

Hope we donít use the same electrical contractor as Spurs ! Took them almost four years to complete but they also had compulsory purchase issues though. Do we have to actually fill a dock with concrete ?
..................the dock has to be filled and compacted to provide a base to build on but it won't be entirely concrete.  Probably a similar method to the submarine hall at Barrow shipyard which was built on an infilled dock . Millions of tons of fill and then a concrete raft .
I read somewhere the actual dock walls have to be protected but I don't know in what way. No doubt somebody on here will know more about it.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 26, 2019, 03:19:49 PM
Reply #5170

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
..................the dock has to be filled and compacted to provide a base to build on but it won't be entirely concrete.  Probably a similar method to the submarine hall at Barrow shipyard which was built on an infilled dock . Millions of tons of fill and then a concrete raft .
I read somewhere the actual dock walls have to be protected but I don't know in what way. No doubt somebody on here will know more about it.

Iím not an engineer but I would imagine that the internal walls of the dock Wouk did have to be tanked ?
Itís fantastic that this project will provide jobs for hundreds of construction workers for the duration of the project, letís keep the money in the country and use British construction companies.

December 26, 2019, 03:21:27 PM
Reply #5171

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Iím not an engineer but I would imagine that the internal walls of the dock Wouk did have to be tanked ?
Itís fantastic that this project will provide jobs for hundreds of construction workers for the duration of the project, letís keep the money in the country and use British construction companies.

Not arsed about British, but would like to see as much local labour used as possible.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 26, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
Reply #5172

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not arsed about British, but would like to see as much local labour used as possible.

Yeah, meant both.

December 27, 2019, 08:03:27 PM
Reply #5173

bigmanbob

December 27, 2019, 08:07:56 PM
Reply #5174

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What does that mean mate?

Stop water coming in. Like using a tanking slurry on a basement, just on a much bigger scale.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"