January 18, 2021, 03:42:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Boo boys need more patience  (Read 7996 times)

October 02, 2016, 05:24:25 PM
Read 7996 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Boo boys need more patience

At the end of the draw with Crystal Palace on Friday night there was more than a smattering of boos coming from the Everton fans who had stayed to the final whistle, but they need more patience.

Source: Boo boys need more patience

October 02, 2016, 05:32:58 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Booing seven games in when we are in a good position in the league is massive entitled twat behaviour

October 02, 2016, 06:01:54 PM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

Don't get the booing after the game, it's something other fans always take the piss out of us for.

I can kind of understand it if we got battered 3 or 4 nil, even then I've never done it.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 02, 2016, 06:12:17 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What? We got booed of the pitch?

Fuck me
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 02, 2016, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #4

Tinga

It was a terrible second half and it's not like it's a one off, we actually cannot play two consecutive halves. If people who pay want to boo to vent frustration then so be it.

October 02, 2016, 07:31:50 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
 :angel:Of course if they want to they can. Still makes then twats though

October 02, 2016, 07:38:46 PM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
It's quite strange like.

Surely people didn't expect us to be battering teams every week after all the problems of the last couple of years and it's not the players or Koeman's fault that we've got about 13 worthwhile players in the whole squad.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 02, 2016, 07:43:48 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

It's quite strange like.

Surely people didn't expect us to be battering teams every week after all the problems of the last couple of years and it's not the players or Koeman's fault that we've got about 13 worthwhile players in the whole squad.

I think we made the mistake of starting the season well. People started talking stupidly about Top 4 finishes. Also, after two years of Martinez dross, people weirdly thought Koeman was a magic bullet and suddenly everything would be solved.

As a fanbase, we're a strange mixture of endless negativity and massive expectations. And that never plays out well.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 02, 2016, 07:57:09 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
I think we made the mistake of starting the season well. People started talking stupidly about Top 4 finishes. Also, after two years of Martinez dross, people weirdly thought Koeman was a magic bullet and suddenly everything would be solved.

As a fanbase, we're a strange mixture of endless negativity and massive expectations. And that never plays out well.

The start probably had many looking at the City game and aiming for 1st v 2nd in the league so these two disappointing league results have out a dampener on things and as much as we might not like it, I think the way Liverpool are playing has added to the frustration.

4th or 5th going into the international break is very good, regardless of who we have played.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 02, 2016, 08:09:13 PM
Reply #9

bornblue88

The booing at least shows to moshiri that we expected better from all the hype. I didn't boo but I didn't applaud either as no-one played particularly well, aside from one great moment. They looked as good as us and we were at home. Not good enough.

October 02, 2016, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #10

starblood

Perhaps is was just a gut reaction to having given up a Friday night and forking out ~70+ (all in) to watch a pretty turgid spectacle with very little goalmouth entertainment.

It's not worth looking into too deeply, sometimes you cannot rationalise something that is cathartic.

I didn't boo by the way!

October 02, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
Reply #11

Alanvideo

Perhaps is was just a gut reaction to having given up a Friday night and forking out ~70+ (all in) to watch a pretty turgid spectacle with very little goalmouth entertainment.

It's not worth looking into too deeply, sometimes you cannot rationalise something that is cathartic.

I didn't boo by the way!

.............if you thought that was turgid you never saw us under W.Smith esq.  ???
As for the booing I thought it was directed at Moss ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 02, 2016, 08:42:37 PM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I didn't boo by the way!

No one was forced to go.

You pay for your ticket, you run the risk of disappointment.

When did we get so self entitled as a fanbase?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 02, 2016, 08:51:11 PM
Reply #13

starblood

.............if you thought that was turgid you never saw us under W.Smith esq.  ???
Yup I was a season ticket holder during Walter Smith's reign. To be honest I thought Smith worked minor miracles under very, very difficult circumstances (Johnson ownership etc). I also think football during that time was a better product for the spectator too (two strikers, less emphasis on packing the midfield) but that's a whole different debate ;De

October 02, 2016, 08:51:23 PM
Reply #14

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I was at the game and Moss did get a bit of a tough time. Doesn't help that he's pretty much the worst ref in the league. He's not professional in the slightest.