January 21, 2021, 04:44:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Boo boys need more patience  (Read 8007 times)

October 03, 2016, 05:16:05 AM
Reply #30

Ross

Bank Statements, there's something else open up to booing.

You're so far behind the times with statements Gj.

Just a glimpse of my Barkleys app and I'm Boo Boo booing...
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 03, 2016, 05:47:00 AM
Reply #31

Gash

Global Moderator

It's Barclay's. ;)

October 03, 2016, 05:50:21 AM
Reply #32

Ross

It's Barclay's. ;)

...god dammit imagine spelling a players name wrong like that.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 03, 2016, 05:52:34 AM
Reply #33

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
You don't seem to hear 'the referees a wanker' sung as often these days.

This is why this country's gone to the dogs.

And speaking of dogs, we need more dogs on the pitch. You don't get to see that nowadays either. Only bloody cats and squirrels.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 03, 2016, 07:19:34 AM
Reply #34

Duncs_a_legend

Really though, surely the booing was at the ref?
I didn't take part in it either way like, but I'm pretty sure people weren't that pissed off with the performance.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 03, 2016, 03:14:14 PM
Reply #35

MarcusFenix

Dunno about you but my quickly reducing bank balance makes me Boo Hoo :'(
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

October 03, 2016, 03:21:52 PM
Reply #36

phillyt

I gave a quick booo, but it was aimed at the ref. If, as we were subject too the last two seasons, we are served up appalling football, lack of effort, shocking results I think the crowd has every right to express displeasure at the end of the match. The most effective is the pantomime booing. Booing after the final whistle is ok in my book if the performance was not up to standard. A bigger problem is the utter fuckwits who shout and criticise players during the game no matter what they do.

Fridays performance wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either. It didn't deserve a boo. So if you were aiming it at the team on Friday your a dick. If you were, like me, aiming it at the useless fat wastrel of a ref you are a splendid human being.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 03, 2016, 03:51:49 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

I think it was a second half that was devoid of energy, invention and any kind of tempo that tipped the boo boys over the edge.
Watching us get the run around from Crystal Palace, at home, wasn't nice to watch.

October 03, 2016, 04:10:10 PM
Reply #38

ihatecollina

Apologies in advance of upsetting people... but if you are booing at the end of the game already then you are a massive twat.
People near me in the Top Balcony where at it too, told them to shut the fuck up in no uncertain terms....absolute bellends
The bird in the pink is back.....

October 03, 2016, 04:56:42 PM
Reply #39

everton1952

I just read the earlier thread that it was a good game. I agree, I enjoyed the game with two sides going hard at it. Palace were the bigger, more direct team and  were better than us for much of the second half. I paid my money and I was entertained, so have nothing to complain about.

October 03, 2016, 05:22:05 PM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I think it was a second half that was devoid of energy, invention and any kind of tempo that tipped the boo boys over the edge.
Watching us get the run around from Crystal Palace, at home, wasn't nice to watch.

Tipped them over the edge after 7 games of the season?

There's no excuse for it this early on, especially when we were obviously trying it just want working in the second half for whatever reason.

And 7 games in when everyone before the season started would have taken 14 points, 5th and only 4 points off top.

Identifying areas for improvement, fine, there are obviously areas for improvement. But booing, predictions of relegation battles or 12th at best etc is ridiculous.

We should be looking at things and going along the lines of we look pretty solid, even when we're not playing well (which is the base foundations needed), and we've got a good points return without too many of our top end players playing well at all. If they do get some cohesion and form we should be winning games pretty comfortably.

Hyper criticism after such a short time period, when we've done well to pretty much all independent observers, only makes it harder for everyone to actually improve as hoped.

October 03, 2016, 05:50:45 PM
Reply #41

Lxxx

Tipped them over the edge after 7 games of the season?

There's no excuse for it this early on, especially when we were obviously trying it just want working in the second half for whatever reason.

And 7 games in when everyone before the season started would have taken 14 points, 5th and only 4 points off top.

Identifying areas for improvement, fine, there are obviously areas for improvement. But booing, predictions of relegation battles or 12th at best etc is ridiculous.

We should be looking at things and going along the lines of we look pretty solid, even when we're not playing well (which is the base foundations needed), and we've got a good points return without too many of our top end players playing well at all. If they do get some cohesion and form we should be winning games pretty comfortably.

Hyper criticism after such a short time period, when we've done well to pretty much all independent observers, only makes it harder for everyone to actually improve as hoped.

I agree. I'm not defending them but it's clear to see now that they weren't just Martinez boo boys but just general tossers who don't take much to release their inner twat.

October 03, 2016, 06:29:44 PM
Reply #42

Bluenose 91

Another thing I noticed that was poor was a fair few fans just getting off around 85 mins or so.  Think it was after we put a chance wide.

Not just the usual beat the traffic crowd either, this was a significant amount.

That along with the booing is just proper self entitled, childish shite.

October 03, 2016, 06:56:27 PM
Reply #43

starblood

Wow! Lots of self-righteousness going on in here.

We had 3 shots on target - and it felt like it. I thought it lacked entertainment despite people on here stating it was a good game. I used the word turgid, and to me a game without goal mouth action is just that. And yes, I've had my season ticket over 20 years (so have sat through all the Mike Walkers, Walter Smiths, Howard Kendall Part III games).

Fans at every club boo at the final whistle after unimpressive displays, not just Evertonians, and it is not dependent on where they sit in the table. It's nothing to get worked up about.

October 03, 2016, 07:13:48 PM
Reply #44

Alanvideo

Wow! Lots of self-righteousness going on in here.

We had 3 shots on target - and it felt like it. I thought it lacked entertainment despite people on here stating it was a good game. I used the word turgid, and to me a game without goal mouth action is just that. And yes, I've had my season ticket over 20 years (so have sat through all the Mike Walkers, Walter Smiths, Howard Kendall Part III games).

Fans at every club boo at the final whistle after unimpressive displays, not just Evertonians, and it is not dependent on where they sit in the table. It's nothing to get worked up about.

....................you should know by now that all NSNO'ers are perfect fans who sit patiently throughout the game ,never booing or groaning but applauding politely where necessary and never leaving their seats until the very end.  :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.