August 06, 2021, 10:56:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Boo boys need more patience  (Read 9090 times)

October 03, 2016, 07:18:43 PM
Reply #45

Shogun

Administrator
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 03, 2016, 07:19:29 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Wow! Lots of self-righteousness going on in here.

We had 3 shots on target - and it felt like it. I thought it lacked entertainment despite people on here stating it was a good game. I used the word turgid, and to me a game without goal mouth action is just that. And yes, I've had my season ticket over 20 years (so have sat through all the Mike Walkers, Walter Smiths, Howard Kendall Part III games).

Fans at every club boo at the final whistle after unimpressive displays, not just Evertonians, and it is not dependent on where they sit in the table. It's nothing to get worked up about.

It's not just booing though. It's the general attitude of some of our fans. People were phoning Radio Merseyside on Friday after the game saying we're in for a relegation battle, and it's already been suggested on here that Koeman is going to walk in January.

We're 5th in the league. It's really fucking weird to think like that. To me, that says the issue is about the mentality of certain fans, and nothing to do with the club, the team or Koeman.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 03, 2016, 07:25:22 PM
Reply #47

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The worst are those fans who justify this behaviour by saying the have higher standards and anyone who disagrees is accepting mediocrity.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 03, 2016, 07:34:41 PM
Reply #48

BlueBeagle

Fucking boring this. It's not an Everton specific problem, it's just football in general now.

No club in the PL is immune from being booed off the pitch on the back of one or 2 bad results bar maybe Liverpool atm with everyone wanting to suck Klopp off.

Chelsea were booed off after Liverpool beat them, their 1st defeat of the season IIRC.

Doesn't make it right that A SMALL MINORITY of our fans booed a poor performance but I'm sick of coming on here and seeing bellends complaining non stop about our own fans...
Atmosphere is shit.
Barkley gets too much stick.
Booing the team.
People wanted us to lose and Wembley.

Have a day off.

October 03, 2016, 07:36:43 PM
Reply #49

Alfie Noakes

I honestly don't want to come over to see another game as long as the atmosphere is like that.

I love going to Mainz games because the supporters sing throughout the whole game, whether it's 4-0 or 0-4.

October 03, 2016, 07:38:51 PM
Reply #50

BlueBeagle

I honestly don't want to come over to see another game as long as the atmosphere is like that.

I love going to Mainz games because the supporters sing throughout the whole game, whether it's 4-0 or 0-4.

The curse of All-Seater stadiums and blokes who moan like fuck if you stand up mate.

October 03, 2016, 07:38:57 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Fucking boring this. It's not an Everton specific problem, it's just football in general now.

No club in the PL is immune from being booed off the pitch on the back of one or 2 bad results bar maybe Liverpool atm with everyone wanting to suck Klopp off.

Chelsea were booed off after Liverpool beat them, their 1st defeat of the season IIRC.

Doesn't make it right that A SMALL MINORITY of our fans booed a poor performance but I'm sick of coming on here and seeing bellends complaining non stop about our own fans...
Atmosphere is shit.
Booing the team.

Have a day off.

I mean, it's a thread about the booing being unnecessary, written by Si (I think). So he's entitled to give his view as the site owner, and people are entitled to discuss our fanbase. No one's gone over the top, or resorted to abuse or anything like that.

You're more than welcome to not participate in the conversation, but attempting to shut it down and calling people discussing it 'bellends' doesn't reflect particularly well on you.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

October 03, 2016, 07:40:29 PM
Reply #52

BlueBeagle

No one's gone over the top

It's not thread-specific, it's across the whole forum.

Constant moaning about our fans and support.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:41:32 PM by BlueBeagle »

October 03, 2016, 07:44:47 PM
Reply #53

Cantoffie!

For a game under the lights at goodison the atmosphere did seem pretty shit, from the outside looking in that is. Nowhere near some of the great games at goodison I remember under the floodlights and thats saying something. My Tenure as a Toffee is only about 10 years.

Hope the supporters start shaking off the nerves, start smiling and singin. Its a great time to be a Toffee whether we are winning or losing. Lets get behind the team, not on their backs!! COYB!
My cup runeth over with blood but not wine.

October 03, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
Reply #54

Lxxx

Atmosphere is shit.
Booing the team.

Have a day off.

You do have a point.

There are the usual suspects of pseudo-intellectuals and the ones who think they're morally superior just because they've been posting for longer, which automatically makes their opinions a lot more valid.

October 03, 2016, 07:50:38 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

October 03, 2016, 07:57:33 PM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

It's not thread-specific, it's across the whole forum.

Constant moaning about our fans and support.

....................he's got a point. 
We even get fans saying ' the atmosphere sounded shit on tv ' .FFS.
We've got 33,000 STH's . We don't go to boo.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 03, 2016, 08:06:25 PM
Reply #57

BlueBeagle

....................he's got a point. 
We even get fans saying ' the atmosphere sounded shit on tv ' .FFS.

Other than a big derby game, Everton vs Liverpool, United vs Liverpool, Spurs vs Arsenal etc, this is standard for any PL game.

Every single ground has a shit atmosphere for most of the 38 games a season.

October 03, 2016, 08:08:20 PM
Reply #58

hill135

Very strange atmosphere on here recently.

I should imagine it won't improve with the international break coming up.

October 03, 2016, 08:19:00 PM
Reply #59

Alanvideo

next home game is West Aim ,should be a good atmosphere watching them fight among themselves while admiring a proper football ground.  ;D
We are special ,we are Everton.