August 06, 2021, 10:40:19 AM

Author Topic: [News]Boo boys need more patience  (Read 9090 times)

October 04, 2016, 02:18:10 PM
Reply #75

BlueBeagle

Sounds like what you need is a big cathartic Booo.

Just pick a target, anything, maybe even go into the garden and give the moon a good booing. Let it all out.

As tragically unfunny as ever. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:19:49 PM by BlueBeagle »

October 04, 2016, 08:41:28 PM
Reply #76

Frank1988

fans expected better performance,the boos equal disappointment :headbang:
best online replica cheap soccer jerseys

October 05, 2016, 03:16:52 PM
Reply #77

Mayor Farnum

A little boo at the final whistle as an expression of disappointment is not too bad. By the time the players walk off we are usually applauding their efforts.
More annoying is groaning at a misplaced pass after fifteen minutes if we're not leading; or shouts of, "These are shit" directed at any opponent below second in the league, when what the team needs is encouragement. 
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

October 05, 2016, 05:10:30 PM
Reply #78

Tinga

Some old miserable fuckers on here.

October 05, 2016, 05:14:00 PM
Reply #79

Macca77

Paying 13 nicker for 2 bottles of coke and some mistrels for my kids deserve a massive booo from me

October 05, 2016, 10:43:01 PM
Reply #80

bacon sarnie

Some old miserable fuckers on here.

Shame said miserable fuckers couldn't have been at this game last night to enjoy some real atmosphere.....

What a night. Fuck football  :thumbsup:

October 06, 2016, 02:34:59 PM
Reply #81

Bingham Boy

I reckon it's become trendy to boo, and they feel it shows in a twisted way that you're a rebel against footy fans in general as though you're a true blue if you're a moody arl arse. So any excuse will do to boo.

October 06, 2016, 09:33:42 PM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keisuke Honda doesn't like getting booed at Milan

Seven times European champions Milan have failed to win any major silverware in the past five years and missed out on a qualification spot for Europe for a third successive campaign last season.
"In Japan, there's basically no booing. In Milan, I think there's far too much of it," Honda, who is back with the national team for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Iraq and Australia, was quoted as saying by the Kyodo news agency.
"What's really wrong in Milan is that when you're down during a game, they just completely abandon you. I feel absolutely no love.
"But as soon as you start winning, they treat you like family. So what's it about to them, just numbers and winning or losing?"

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/10/05/57f4d584ca47413a0b8b45ab.html
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2016, 11:38:06 PM
Reply #83

BlueBeagle

October 07, 2016, 04:24:00 AM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And?

Did you not find that interesting at all?

That a pro footballer would talk publically about the feeling of being out on the pitch when the crowd turn against them for losing - you don't think there are some parallels between the conversation we've been having here and the article I've posted?

Am I miles off here? I thought it was interesting.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2016, 04:45:07 AM
Reply #85

efcforlife

That a pro footballer would talk publically about the feeling of being out on the pitch when the crowd turn against them for losing - you don't think there are some parallels between the conversation we've been having here and the article I've posted?

Am I miles off here? I thought it was interesting.

I think it's fair to say that no player is going to enjoy the crowd booing them.

It's a bit of a no brainer.

October 07, 2016, 11:43:30 AM
Reply #86

BlueBeagle

I just take it as a given that a pro sportsman doesn't like to be booed by their own fans. Doubt there's a single player in the world who enjoys it!

October 07, 2016, 05:09:32 PM
Reply #87

Lxxx

I know there are parallels in the actual booing but in Milan's case it's like a spoilt child who no longer gets what it wants whereas our fans just want to see the effort and application they saw in recent times.
I can't remember it being this bad in the latter years under Moyes.

I really do think the Martinez years have tipped the balance with idiots now being more vocal and impressionable fans jumping on the bandwagon. That and the fact that tactically at home he had no idea in how to approach games to take it to the opposition, which caused the frustration. The away support seems at odds with the home support, largely because we played better away as teams came at us.

It'll take time but I think the boos will disappear as our pressing and effort under Koeman increase and the home results improve.

ETA: I also don't think Koeman will be concerned in the slightest at any boos. He's already implied we're not harsh enough on our players in this country with our criticisms and he'll probably just point it out to the players and tell them to man up and pick up his instructions a bit quicker.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:29:28 PM by Lxxx »

October 07, 2016, 05:20:11 PM
Reply #88

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I seriously can't think of an occasion when I have seen a fan at the match boo a particular player. I remember the sarcastic cheer when Howard caught a ball last season (which i thought was stupid), and the groans when Stones was Cruyff turning in our own box, and obviously I've seen fans boo at the end of a game when we have looked like we haven't tried (I don't really agree with that either), although i'm pretty sure the boos at the end of the last game were aimed at the ref.

The Alex Nyarko confrontation is the only time i can remember a fan doing something where the player knew for a fact a fan was pissed off with him.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:21:24 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 07, 2016, 05:26:26 PM
Reply #89

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me i stayed and booed my arse off at that Bolton 4 nil loss a few years ago.
I stayed through the last 10 minutes of that match specifically to boo the bastards off the pitch after that game.

But there is a high threshold of turgidness i have to witness from an Everton team before i boo them off the pitch.