August 06, 2021, 11:22:37 AM

Author Topic: [News]Boo boys need more patience  (Read 9090 times)

October 02, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
Read 9090 times

Alanvideo

Perhaps is was just a gut reaction to having given up a Friday night and forking out ~70+ (all in) to watch a pretty turgid spectacle with very little goalmouth entertainment.

It's not worth looking into too deeply, sometimes you cannot rationalise something that is cathartic.

I didn't boo by the way!

.............if you thought that was turgid you never saw us under W.Smith esq.  ???
As for the booing I thought it was directed at Moss ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 03, 2016, 07:13:48 PM
Reply #1

Alanvideo

Wow! Lots of self-righteousness going on in here.

We had 3 shots on target - and it felt like it. I thought it lacked entertainment despite people on here stating it was a good game. I used the word turgid, and to me a game without goal mouth action is just that. And yes, I've had my season ticket over 20 years (so have sat through all the Mike Walkers, Walter Smiths, Howard Kendall Part III games).

Fans at every club boo at the final whistle after unimpressive displays, not just Evertonians, and it is not dependent on where they sit in the table. It's nothing to get worked up about.

....................you should know by now that all NSNO'ers are perfect fans who sit patiently throughout the game ,never booing or groaning but applauding politely where necessary and never leaving their seats until the very end.  :cheers:

October 03, 2016, 07:57:33 PM
Reply #2

Alanvideo

It's not thread-specific, it's across the whole forum.

Constant moaning about our fans and support.

....................he's got a point. 
We even get fans saying ' the atmosphere sounded shit on tv ' .FFS.
We've got 33,000 STH's . We don't go to boo.

October 03, 2016, 08:19:00 PM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

next home game is West Aim ,should be a good atmosphere watching them fight among themselves while admiring a proper football ground.  ;D

October 07, 2016, 05:40:33 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

I seriously can't think of an occasion when I have seen a fan at the match boo a particular player. I remember the sarcastic cheer when Howard caught a ball last season (which i thought was stupid), and the groans when Stones was Cruyff turning in our own box, and obviously I've seen fans boo at the end of a game when we have looked like we haven't tried (I don't really agree with that either), although i'm pretty sure the boos at the end of the last game were aimed at the ref.

The Alex Nyarko confrontation is the only time i can remember a fan doing something where the player knew for a fact a fan was pissed off with him.
................exactly this and I really wish the mods would close this thread.