April 12, 2021, 06:53:34 PM

Author Topic: Jagielka  (Read 1975 times)

October 05, 2016, 11:19:45 PM
Read 1975 times

Lxxx

I'm more than happy with our defending. We haven't conceded more than one goal each game, compared to the piss weak defending we saw last season.

We just need to find a good balance in the final third.

As well as we're doing restricting the opposition to very few attempts on goal the attempts that do make it on target are usually ending up in the net. I think I read a stat that said the last 5 attempts have all ended as goals against and Stek has hardly made a save otherwise. So positives and negatives.

October 06, 2016, 12:07:15 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

He made a save against a delaney header last week, first save in 6 attempts was the stat I read

I must have read it just before Delaney went up for the header.

October 06, 2016, 12:42:52 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Stats are misleading though aren't they?

Stanislas' goal was a peach.

Naismith's deflected off his own foot.

Benteke's was one of the best headers you'll see all season.

Whatshisface for Boro, that was a foul on Stek. The Beast or whatever his nickname is.... Negredo. I got there in the end.

The 5th one must have been Norwich's second goal, and I think that was a good strike as well, can't remember exactly. Can anyone enlighten me?

There's been no sloppy goals conceded. This can only be a good thing. Although, I realise we will see clearly what flaws we have when we play City next.

You're right, but there's more than one way at looking at those goals.

Stanislas had all the time in the world to pick that that one. Very little pressing.

Naismith was clean through on goal. The finish was fortuitous but he was allowed to get in one on one pretty easily.

Benteke's was a good header granted but Stek was a bit flat footed.

For the Boro goal Stek got his positioning all wrong and ended up ahead of the flight of the ball, catching it facing his own corner flag. Granted it was a foul but a cleaner leap from Negredo and it was a simple header into an empty net.

Norwich's second was a great strike but he waltzed in pretty easily and wasn't pressed so if you're giving players time and space like that you're gonna get punished, like the Stanislas goal.

The truth is somewhere inbetween the two perspectives but stats are stats.

October 07, 2016, 05:31:55 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Jags withdrawn from squad,   hope not too serious  or Mori may get his wish

Don't blame him. He's not gonna get a game for England barring a catastrophe and at his age he could probably do with the rest and recuperation in these international breaks.