June 13, 2021, 05:59:33 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham  (Read 55339 times)

September 22, 2010, 08:21:18 PM
Read 55339 times

cantoffee

I'd like to see a few players dropped, but it's hard to decide who.

I'd go with:

Hibbert Jags Heitinga Baines
              Fellaini
               Arteta
Coleman                Pienaar
               Cahill
                Yak

Really hope Anichebe is fit sometime soon, but he'll now need time to get back up to speed and match fit unfortunately. I'd like to have dropped Arteta and Jags but no Rodwell or Yobo prevent that from happening, not to mention I feel Jags isn't far away from having a good run of form, he just needs a defender beside him that doesn't breed panic throughout the team.

I accept that individually Distin has probably been better than Jags this year (bar Man U), but we look nervous as a team every time someone attacks us and I think that's in part due to his indecision and the outrageous mistakes he makes. Can't believe he's rated above Yobo, oh well, too late to change that now.

September 23, 2010, 12:36:41 AM
Reply #1

cantoffee

wouldn't it be boss if we went barca-style 4-3-3

howard
hibbert heitinga jags baines
arteta fellaini billy
gueye yakubu pienaar

Not with Bily in the team, if Cahill is fit he has to play, looks most likely to score right now.

September 25, 2010, 08:56:54 PM
Reply #2

cantoffee

Any Streams?

September 25, 2010, 09:16:38 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

Good run from Coleman there.

September 25, 2010, 09:24:21 PM
Reply #4

cantoffee

We're well on top, as usual.

September 25, 2010, 09:51:03 PM
Reply #5

cantoffee

Same as usual, we are by far the better team, yet they've had the best chance. Not sure what Moyes can/will do, we have creativity in Pienaar and Arteta, a bit of directness coming from Coleman and pretty everybody in their best positions and we still can't get it done. We need to get one in somehow, and that will open them up.

September 25, 2010, 09:53:22 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

Bright note is that Arteta is looking much much better, which could be the key to unlocking all these defences.

September 25, 2010, 10:00:54 PM
Reply #7

cantoffee

I think he should (and will) keep the team as is, Arteta is looking better and better, and we just need a goal, somehow, from somewhere. Our biggest faults right now are the ridiculous bad distribution from Jagielka and a lack of cutting edge. But we've got the players to break through them, one of Coleman's runs will set us up nicely at some point, and you just know Baines and Pienaar will have a couple nice exchanges.Our corner kicks have been abysmal though, they need to improve.

September 25, 2010, 10:20:32 PM
Reply #8

cantoffee

What a ridiculous run from Baines!

September 25, 2010, 10:28:19 PM
Reply #9

cantoffee

Most of you lot are fucking retarded, Cahill's injured, Osman hasn't done anything wrong since coming on for Christ's sake give him a chance. Yak should've got a touch there, in form we'd be up right now. We've also looked better since Osman has come on.

September 25, 2010, 10:30:14 PM
Reply #10

cantoffee

With Kamara on the game should open up now, someone is going to score.

September 25, 2010, 10:36:16 PM
Reply #11

cantoffee

Good stuff there, Yak at his finest.

September 25, 2010, 10:38:21 PM
Reply #12

cantoffee

he's had 5 years worth of chances to win us over

But we're playing better with him right now than we were with Cahill on the pitch, how can't people see that? Blinding hate, and it's pretty pathetic to be honest.

September 25, 2010, 10:41:24 PM
Reply #13

cantoffee

Look how much better Osman looks on the left, it's remarkable.

Really poor cross from Neville, maybe a bit lucky with that challenge from Distin.

September 25, 2010, 10:45:25 PM
Reply #14

cantoffee

not blind hate mate
having watched him for 5 years he is far from the man to call for at times of need

sooner try something new billya gueye than the old familiar sub

But he's playing well, can you (or other people) not recognize that? We've looked much more threatening since he's come on, which means it was a good substitution. Bily would slow our play down too much, which is the opposite of what we need, and whether or not Gueye would make a more positive impact is pretty difficult to tell.