July 29, 2021, 12:16:05 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham  (Read 56171 times)

September 22, 2010, 11:06:18 PM
Read 56171 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I was very tempted to go with Jagielka and Heitinga at the back but we kept most of our cleansheets when we palyed with Distin and Heitinga with Fellaini protecting them last season so I am just hoping it works again.

In a perfect world I'd also have Arteta in the place of Neville but his form doesn't really warrant selection at the moment and I think he might benefit from realising he's not an automatic starter and that his perforrmances must improve.

As for the srtiker it has to be Yakubu for me if only becuase he is more involved with all round play than Beckford and if a strikers not scoring (and obviously neither of them are) then it's the all round game that has to be taken into consideration.

I have to agree on the Jags thing. Currently he is playing like our worst CB. Distin was woeful against Man Utd but Jags has been suspect pretty much every game.

Heitinga deserves his chance at CB, Jags deserves to be on the bench. Its not popular but if we want to foster competition then every player has to know they can be dropped.

We should try Heitinga and Distin at the back on Saturday. And if that doesn't work and Distin goofs again then try Heitinga and Jags.

I'd definitely go with what you were suggesting though...

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini Neville

Coleman     Cahill        Pienaar

Yakubu

September 25, 2010, 11:03:39 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A definite improvement, hopefully we can build on it. We looked a lot more balanced and Yakubu is looking more like the player we knew.