June 13, 2021, 06:32:21 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 180769 times)

July 07, 2018, 04:22:39 PM
Reply #4290

KoemansNumberTens

No. I think we've been superb, because I start off with very realistic expectations of the team, based on our limited players and our past performance at tournaments. Saying pretty much exactly the opposite of you.

Of course itís been enjoyable. We are still in the competition. We won a penalty shootout and the draw has opened up for us. That can all be true while our FOOTBALL hasnt been great.
Iím not talking about if youíve enjoyed yourself or had a splendid half time snack. Iím talking about our football which I think we both agree hasnít been great

July 07, 2018, 04:30:17 PM
Reply #4291

Bluedylan

Of course itís been enjoyable. We are still in the competition. We won a penalty shootout and the draw has opened up for us. That can all be true while our FOOTBALL hasnt been great.
Iím not talking about if youíve enjoyed yourself or had a splendid half time snack. Iím talking about our football which I think we both agree hasnít been great

You could put a negative spin on anything. If you were getting an amazing blowjob, you'd be there going 'why wasn't it this good last time?', 'can't she be arsed putting this effort in every time?', 'oh well, I'll only come soon and then it'll be over and then back to the tedious monotony of life'.

I think our football has been good. I've loved the way we've passed it out from the back, and not compromised that when things got tough. We don't have any midfield playmakers, so we've never going to be threading lovely through balls. We've played against two packed defences, one gang of cheating shithouses and a non-event of a game. I don't expect us to pass anyone off the park, cos we don't the players for that, so no, we don't agree about the quality of the football. I've enjoyed the way we've played. We've been canny, and calm under pressure.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 07, 2018, 04:45:18 PM
Reply #4292

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I'm loving this World Cup - great football, no trouble off the pitch and the fact we are doing really well, with a young team and manager, bodes well for the immediate future of the national team.

Another plus side is that every time Big Sam is interviewed on Talksport, they ask him the question 'What would you do if you were manager'? Whether it is being done on purpose or just coincidence, it is lovely hearing that he is being constantly reminded of what could have been. Instead of being on the sideline today, he will be in a pub, eating a burger - Karma is a bitch!

July 07, 2018, 04:47:08 PM
Reply #4293

Ross

The man should never have been employed by the club in the first place, that's not bitter that's just fact.

No thatís just bullshit.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 07, 2018, 05:18:20 PM
Reply #4294

Bally

Administrator
No that's just bullshit.
No... That's just fact
It's the roll I way

July 07, 2018, 05:35:17 PM
Reply #4295

74Blue

The whole point of being a football fan is rooting for the team that you follow to win. Whilst England are still in the competition, why not have a little belief that maybe they can go all the way. There is nobody still in the competition that deserves to be there any more or any less than England, and it is a knockout competition, so with a little slice of luck, who knows what could happen?
Winning a penalty shootout the other night would have been a massive confidence booster, and there should now be some genuine belief within the squad that there is nobody to really fear.
As an Everton fan, I'm just looking forward to seeing a goalkeeper with a senior World Cup Winners medal playing regularly at Goodison Park next season, along with a few U21 World Cup winners medal holders too!
Hopefully, Pickford comes home even better, stronger and fully focussed on adding some domestic medals to his World Cup Winners medal.

Keep the faith...

...it really is coming home!

Don't worry. Big Jordan's got this!

July 07, 2018, 06:31:16 PM
Reply #4296

Nicco

Now my dear frenemies, well some of you, I will leave you alone for a couple of hours.

Can't wish you good luck but I'm sure you understand.

GO SWEDEN!!!
JŲnkŲpings SŲdra IF

July 07, 2018, 06:56:11 PM
Reply #4297

Macca77

Haven't mean this nervous before a match since Derby Day

July 07, 2018, 07:03:17 PM
Reply #4298

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What's this about Harry Kane being injured?
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

July 07, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
Reply #4299

Simon Paul

Administrator
The coming home stuff is totally different to the RS stuff. It's a joke...people are enjoying being swept up in it and having a laugh.

Most people I know think we will go out today, but that won't stop us singing it's coming home before the match.

Been amazing and I'm loving it :)
That's bollocks though

The vast majority of people "getting caught up in it" don't usually watch football and genuinely think this is it

I'd even say the vast majority of people going out to watch it rarely watch football at all. They're going to fume when it goes wrong. They'll then smash stuff up and everyone will blame football

Even out in Russia (and most tournaments with England) most fans don't watch football of that standard live. Look at the banners from Rochdale and Leyton Orient for fuck sake!

There might be some hipsters who crack on like it's all ironic and a joke but the majority of those watching think it's real

July 07, 2018, 07:14:14 PM
Reply #4300

74Blue

That's bollocks though

The vast majority of people "getting caught up in it" don't usually watch football and genuinely think this is it

I'd even say the vast majority of people going out to watch it rarely watch football at all. They're going to fume when it goes wrong. They'll then smash stuff up and everyone will blame football

Even out in Russia (and most tournaments with England) most fans don't watch football of that standard live. Look at the banners from Rochdale and Leyton Orient for fuck sake!

There might be some hipsters who crack on like it's all ironic and a joke but the majority of those watching think it's real
Do you not agree though that it would be very satisfying to have a World Cup winning keeper at Everton ?

July 07, 2018, 07:14:47 PM
Reply #4301

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
So what though? Cant we just enjoy it for a while?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 07, 2018, 07:17:33 PM
Reply #4302

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iím finding the whole thing boss.

Itís going to be a summer everyone will look back on years down the line and tell everyone about it.

The weather, England in the World Cup, just a general good feeling about the country for the first time in a long, long while.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 07, 2018, 07:24:01 PM
Reply #4303

velimski

Only in England would fans of the top clubs (or from clubs in the top league) not give a fuck about international football.

It's pretty pathetic really.

July 07, 2018, 07:32:29 PM
Reply #4304

Ross

Why canít people just enjoy the moment no matter who they support or whether theyíre keen football fans or not.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.