May 09, 2021, 01:43:38 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 172982 times)

December 02, 2017, 04:36:39 AM
Read 172982 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If England can't get out of that group, they truly are hopeless.

In fact, all the groups look pretty straight forward for the big countries. Maybe group F is the trickiest.
Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

March 08, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Keane ,Walcott,
DCL bizarrely in with a shout now.
Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

March 11, 2018, 01:43:21 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who does Hart play for these days?

March 11, 2018, 01:59:19 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
haha that was almost Nyarkoesque.

March 30, 2018, 06:49:33 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This was already decided in 2016..... usual media trying to make sensationalist headlines out of nothing

Just goes to show how long the poor standard has been going then.

May 21, 2018, 01:03:59 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I usually watch the WC, but I'm going to USA on the Sunday after it starts and not back until Round of 16, as they call it.
I very much doubt that games will be shown in the middle of Arizona, especially with an 11 hour time difference.
Might be a blessing in disguise.
I saw tons of games the last two world cups over here. Itíll be shown even if the us isnít in it this time.

June 04, 2018, 08:18:02 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's funny, ten years ago England had world class players, world class managers managing them, and everything was so elusive.

Now Gareth Southgate and a bunch of players that are well short of what went before in terms of quality seem more together and more of a team than ever before.

June 04, 2018, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I see Martinez doesn't like selecting too many defenders

Final squad

Goalkeepers: Koen Casteels (Wolfsburg), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool).

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Vincent Kompnay (Manchester City), Thomas Meunier (Paris St-Germain), Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Mousa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur), Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Youri Tielemans (Monaco), Axel Witsel (Tianjin Quanjian).

Forwards: Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea), Nacer Chadli (West Brom), Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United).

Or forwards for that matter.

Must be playing a 1-9-1 formation.

June 05, 2018, 10:11:56 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Classic Martinez, as good as their squad is, playing a winger at left back is going to leave them exposed at the top level.

Just like England, Man Utd and Man City then.

June 10, 2018, 11:03:38 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was in France for the 2006 world cup. That was my second favorite world cup after 1990. So much atmosphere. Good times. Until Zidane stuffed the final up.

June 11, 2018, 04:49:59 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So when does this all start then?

June 14, 2018, 09:22:37 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How far has Russia fallen to be ranked 70th in the world? That really surprised me.

June 14, 2018, 09:34:25 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
All went down hill after the dream team of Arshavin and Super Pav

I didn't think Bily was quite so bad...

June 14, 2018, 09:43:59 PM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Could they not have got someone a bit more current than Robbie Williams belting out his handful of hits from ten, fifteen years ago?

:shock:

I thought he died some years ago from an OD.

June 14, 2018, 09:48:34 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Am surprised anyone has even heard of him outside the UK.