May 17, 2021, 07:06:40 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 174640 times)

July 04, 2018, 03:22:07 AM
Reply #45

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Terrible first half of extra time then for England. We really should be looking to get Vardy to run at Mina, would get Rashford on for Lingard, whose decision making at times seems woeful
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 04, 2018, 03:26:55 AM
Reply #46

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Trippier, Stones and Walker have kind of lost their heads since the goal it seems to me. Ugh really don't want pens
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 04, 2018, 03:30:28 AM
Reply #47

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Eric Dier is such a nothing player. Ready salted

July 04, 2018, 03:40:18 AM
Reply #48

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Ugh Penalties. Have England ever won a world cup penalty shootout?

July 04, 2018, 03:52:48 AM
Reply #49

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Have I ever told you that I love ready salted crisps?

July 04, 2018, 02:06:19 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say I have been thoroughly impressed by Southgate. I probably scoffed at his appointment at the time and expected him to fail miserably and stick with all the old favourites

But he breezed through qualifying with the minimum of fuss, got rid of the old guard, brought through youth and gave them a chance and put his faith in them, was bold in choosing a new system early and stating that's what we would play in the world cup, and seems to have done it all very calmly and managed to create the most harmonious England squad I can remember, in the day of the mega ego

Was so impressed to hear about him doing research to prepare the squad for the mentality of the penalty shootout, he must have had to face his own demons for this as well. He seems switched on, passionate and is a class act. I salute you Gareth

Also Con and Gash, I respect you equally as friends on this forum, and I'm sure I would get on famously with you both in real life too, hope you sort your beef out, and that we can all celebrate Everton as league champions together next season!

July 04, 2018, 03:46:29 PM
Reply #51

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Having calmed down at my rage at The Colombians last night, have to say that Yerry Mina was a dominant force last night and every game I saw him play. I know Barca are looking to get rid and that he probably wouldn't come here but he is a monster at the back, a danger at setplays and only young. Will be a great signing for someone

July 05, 2018, 01:04:54 AM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Having calmed down at my rage at The Colombians last night, have to say that Yerry Mina was a dominant force last night and every game I saw him play. I know Barca are looking to get rid and that he probably wouldn't come here but he is a monster at the back, a danger at setplays and only young. Will be a great signing for someone

Am I the new club scout?

July 07, 2018, 09:38:08 PM
Reply #53

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Alli definitely looks a yard off the pace

Almost certain that we will give away a pen late on and Granqvist will slot it away

The old git

July 07, 2018, 09:44:58 PM
Reply #54

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
OH Raheem

July 07, 2018, 09:47:00 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He does get too much stick sometimes but both of those really need to be slotted away

July 07, 2018, 10:51:48 PM
Reply #56

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone was a bit scared to say that these are just a bunch of anti football grocks with no talent or class

But that's exactly what they are!glad they are out of the tournament now as they offer very little

July 07, 2018, 10:58:29 PM
Reply #57

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Harry Maguire was outstanding then I thought. Proper beast

Also impressed by how much ground Lingard seemed to cover

Trippier continued to be a great outlet

England's goalkeeper is fucking brilliant also. I'm not even remotely surprised though as I'm so used to see him being outstanding

July 10, 2018, 12:35:04 PM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Fairly sure we've just done an LFC by talking of a potential bank holiday for England winning the world cup and also some businesses saying they are letting their staff finish at 3, like Aldi have

I mean I hope it does happen and that my work does an aldi!but it feels to me like it would be classic for Croatia to spank us, or yano, to underwhelm, draw with us and for Ivan Rakitic to slot in the winning pen in the shootout

July 12, 2018, 04:56:56 AM
Reply #59

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
At the end of the day Southgate did an incredible job to take a really young squad that far into the tournament. He mainly did it through organisation and set plays and that got us to the brink of the final.

Didn't particularly think any England player showed what they were capable of tonight

The one world class player on show is going to be playing in the final on Sunday, and that is Luka Modric. What a fantastic player

The genius centre mid seems to be the most vital player, England have produced one to my knowledge in my lifetime  - Paul Gascoigne. I don't think they will win anything until they produce another, and that is a very big ask