May 17, 2021, 08:32:17 AM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 40531 times)

December 11, 2017, 06:56:19 PM
Read 40531 times

Gash

Global Moderator
I think they're on a run of three home defeats on the bounce?

December 14, 2017, 02:19:41 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
They're not clever but this is much better.

December 14, 2017, 02:30:59 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Far better from Schneiderlin, showing for the ball a lot more and trying to move it forward quickly.

December 14, 2017, 03:29:40 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Rooney injured?

Rolled his right sock down and had a slight limp, probably no more than a touch of cramp.

December 14, 2017, 03:36:04 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
They're all huff and puff but not creating anything.

December 14, 2017, 03:37:46 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
What is happening, you cryptic bellends?

Nothing. Literally, my stream froze as Shelvey was about to get a red card.

December 14, 2017, 03:43:47 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Not sure I can take last ten mins like that every week but a wins a win

I'm not sure why people are saying this, they created nothing in the last ten minutes and not much during the rest of the game. Pickford didn't have a decent save to make and hitting the post might as well hit the corner flag as you get just as many goals for it.

December 14, 2017, 03:49:19 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Really happy with the point but we need to allow less chances.

Point (s) ;)

Genuinely, how many chances did they have?

December 14, 2017, 03:54:41 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't want a Championship side dominating us for the first 45 minutes, and making us look terrible, while we should have been down by 1 or

Apart from a half decent ten minutes at the start they were nothing like dominating us. And apart from hit the woodwork with a couple of long range efforts they didn't look like scoring 1 never mind 2.

December 14, 2017, 04:06:10 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Nah,

Dominated for the first 45. We had spells of maybe 2-3 minutes where we looked to get control back, but that was it.

Behave!

December 14, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't be long left surely

4 minutes of stoppage time, mate.

December 14, 2017, 04:18:50 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
If we keep getting clean sheets then we are always going to have a good chance of winning

Check out Michael Owen here. ;)

December 14, 2017, 04:20:58 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
lol

As well as the two woodwork hits I can think of at least two opportunities where they had some arsenal esque passing in our area only to not get a shot away. One time Martina or Holgate pushed a player over(no call).

Second half aside, they continuously jogged into our final 3rd and even our own area with ease, while we couldn't hold possession for more than 2-3 minutes and ended up hoofing it most of the first half.

Don't like a team like that swarming our area, even if they're not producing anything.

And again, I'm just talking about the first half. Second was much better from us.

What does it matter if they hit the wood work, it still doesn't count? Come on, "dominated for 45 minutes" massive exaggeration.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:23:24 AM by Gash »

December 14, 2017, 04:57:21 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
I saw us having difficulty getting the ball forward, and I saw us having difficulty stopping them from walking into our area with ease for a good 90% of that first 45 minutes.

Call it what you want but We were the second best team out there and didn't look good, and didn't deserve to be up by 1.

Other than the first ten minutes where we didn't get started I don't see where you're coming from. If anything it was fairly open for large spells in the first half, a bit like "you have it for a few minutes, then we'll have it for a few". But to say we were dominated by a Championship side for 45 minutes is utter bollocks and a massive exaggeration. Some people are still in doomsday mode and desperate to moan about anything, in the end it turned into a pretty comfortable win where as a few weeks ago we'd probably have let them get 2 or 3.

Just enjoy the win rather than try and pick fault with something that wasn't even happening.

December 14, 2017, 05:07:32 AM
Reply #14

Gash

Global Moderator
Someone put the question out there of "what more do we want?" So I answered. Then you jumped all over... Not really having a moan. We were 2nd best in the first half and, as I've said many times already, much better in the second.

Go have a pint.  :cheers:

I was just highlighting how much you were exaggerating. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

It's too late for a pint here.  :cheers: