November 30, 2020, 04:41:59 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 112320 times)

April 07, 2018, 07:48:40 AM
Reply #105

Thornton_19

Ill forgive Moshiri for a lot of things, if im ever annoyed at him or think he isnt doing whats right i just remember the summer we sold Arteta and loaned Strac and Drenthe. After selling Pienaar the Window prior.

April 07, 2018, 04:40:34 PM
Reply #106

MmmblueBernard

I'm really struggling to care about anything Everton do lately

This x10000

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 07, 2018, 04:54:51 PM
Reply #107

dangermouse

Are you in the same boat here, a bit worried?

I mean - I think I do still want Brands because he's signed some great players in the past and the reviews have been good, but Walsh was off the back of an incredible league win powered by Kante, Vardy and Mahrez, and all reports were extremely positive too.

I dunno, I don't think we can afford for things to get worse than they are now, so whatever move they do make it needs to be the right one with long term planning in place, not relying on raiola to sign players who are above our current position...

Actively seeking a replacement so publicly is a sure fire way of loosing any case in an employment tribunal.
Much better to say partnership and hope Walsh realises heís not wanted leaving of his own accord. Iíd imagine Everton would still end up having to pay up as thatís constructive dismissal... worth a try though haha.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

April 07, 2018, 04:55:25 PM
Reply #108

KoemansNumberTens

Itís hard to be enthusiastic about anything around the club and it has been for a long long while barring the odd false down or promised then missed opportunity

Whatís our highlights since 1995 FA Cup win?? A 4th place that then promptly saw us knocked out of the champions league and humiliated in the Europa League without even trying to build a squad that could compete
A fifth place under Martinez promptly followed by the realisation he was a lunatic
Moshiri coming in and wasting a couple of 100 million on proven not quite good enough

Itís painful being a blue. An endless cycle of shite and false hope. Very little faith in anyone at the club. Ownersí manager, director of football, the players. From the best of them to the worst of them they are all short of what we need

Honestly been losing interest in football for a few years now. First time I havenít been arsed to watch Everton every week though

April 07, 2018, 05:05:22 PM
Reply #109

Bluedylan

Itís hard to be enthusiastic about anything around the club and it has been for a long long while barring the odd false down or promised then missed opportunity

Whatís our highlights since 1995 FA Cup win?? A 4th place that then promptly saw us knocked out of the champions league and humiliated in the Europa League without even trying to build a squad that could compete
A fifth place under Martinez promptly followed by the realisation he was a lunatic
Moshiri coming in and wasting a couple of 100 million on proven not quite good enough

Itís painful being a blue. An endless cycle of shite and false hope. Very little faith in anyone at the club. Ownersí manager, director of football, the players. From the best of them to the worst of them they are all short of what we need

Honestly been losing interest in football for a few years now. First time I havenít been arsed to watch Everton every week though

Yeah, it's not been great, but then a lot of other clubs have suffered a lot, lot worse than us. So we need to keep things in perspective a bit, and not be so miserablist.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 07, 2018, 06:01:23 PM
Reply #110

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah, it's not been great, but then a lot of other clubs have suffered a lot, lot worse than us. So we need to keep things in perspective a bit, and not be so miserablist.

I think itís almost made worse by the fact that we are kind of stuck. We have no highs or lows. We are just kind of stuck 7-10th every season without really much hope of going up or down. I can honestly see us finishing top 10 for the next 20 years but never top 4. Itís weird because like you say relative to most we are extremely successful. Itís just bloody boring too

Itís the hope and then failure to capitalise thatís killed me. Kings Dock at a time we could have ended up where City are had we got that right. Champions league only to then not buy any players. Now this with Moshiri. Itís not so much weíve signed the wrong players itís the lack of ambition in them signings. We had to show imagination and take some risks. We just seemed determined to cement our place on the outside with what we signed

Obviously allardyce hasnít been great. I do think heís carried too much of the weight for us being shit though. Not helped himself by biting and talking a lot of nonsense in response to it though. We need a new manager but do we have faith we have anyone qualified to decide who that should be. Probably need a new director of football too. In terms of finances we are still behind the 6 above us so we need the guy from arsenal to come in and take over from Moshiri. Then unfortunately we need to find 2 or 3 genuine world class players because all the top 6 have at least that.
It just feels that we are a little short everywhere. Very little to pin our hopes to. We need to find ourselves a hero. Just 1 really exciting player for us to get behind

Think they all fell a little short of what we dreamed but weíve gone from having Barkley, lukaku, stones and del who people could make a genuine genuine argument for 1 day being top top players to a few who might have decent premier league careers

April 09, 2018, 12:02:36 AM
Reply #111

Macca77

April 09, 2018, 12:30:31 AM
Reply #112

blue1948

I think itís almost made worse by the fact that we are kind of stuck. We have no highs or lows. We are just kind of stuck 7-10th every season without really much hope of going up or down. I can honestly see us finishing top 10 for the next 20 years but never top 4. Itís weird because like you say relative to most we are extremely successful. Itís just bloody boring too

Itís the hope and then failure to capitalise thatís killed me. Kings Dock at a time we could have ended up where City are had we got that right. Champions league only to then not buy any players. Now this with Moshiri. Itís not so much weíve signed the wrong players itís the lack of ambition in them signings. We had to show imagination and take some risks. We just seemed determined to cement our place on the outside with what we signed

Obviously allardyce hasnít been great. I do think heís carried too much of the weight for us being shit though. Not helped himself by biting and talking a lot of nonsense in response to it though. We need a new manager but do we have faith we have anyone qualified to decide who that should be. Probably need a new director of football too. In terms of finances we are still behind the 6 above us so we need the guy from arsenal to come in and take over from Moshiri. Then unfortunately we need to find 2 or 3 genuine world class players because all the top 6 have at least that.
It just feels that we are a little short everywhere. Very little to pin our hopes to. We need to find ourselves a hero. Just 1 really exciting player for us to get behind

Think they all fell a little short of what we dreamed but weíve gone from having Barkley, lukaku, stones and del who people could make a genuine genuine argument for 1 day being top top players to a few who might have decent premier league careers

I thought your post was quite level headed until the word Del ,lost interest and belief then.

April 09, 2018, 01:05:28 AM
Reply #113

KoemansNumberTens

I thought your post was quite level headed until the word Del ,lost interest and belief then.

I donít rate him at all but he came with a massive reputation and lots still do. Donít think we have anyone now any of us really believe we go to the very top

April 09, 2018, 02:09:10 AM
Reply #114

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:16:02 AM by Toffee1 »

April 09, 2018, 02:37:48 AM
Reply #115

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 09, 2018, 03:34:08 AM
Reply #116

Ari

Boss.

Looks like this is done then.

Have to also assume this spells the end of Allardyce.

You didn't expect HIM to be DOF?

April 09, 2018, 03:48:15 AM
Reply #117

eyesalwaysblue

Spot on this...no matter how bad we've been over the years, Everton always gave us our odd day in the sun that kept us going, they aren't even capable of that anymore.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 09, 2018, 04:38:23 AM
Reply #118

BlueForYou

We haven't given up on going Dutch, then?

Has Louis Van Gaal retired?

Hmmmm - interesting to see where this one goes......................... ................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 09, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Reply #119

howard1334

The way our expectations were raised over Spring and Summer 2017 has made this season all the more difficult to swallow. Our situation is not really comparable to what many other clubs have faced.